Which 2 is it to be then?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
The Farmers Friend
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by The Farmers Friend »

My Argyle supporting mate at work thinks they're going down but I'm not so sure. Agree that Accy, like Kidderminster, Rushden, Macclesfield etc., just cannot sustain league football - it's just a question of time before Dagenham go the same way.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

I'm going to be positive. I think we've got enough about us to get out of the mire and that we will still be in Div 2 next season. As much as I dislike Plymouth, I wouldn't like to see them go out of the league but I think they have played more home games than all of the teams around them so their position is precarious. York, like us, are in freefall and along with Aldershot, have played one more game. I'll predict Accrington and Wimbledon but like Andy, I would shed no tears if it was Barnet and Wimbledon! Ask again at the end of March !
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I really couldn't predict, the league seems tight and anyone team can go on a good or bad run and change the prediction altogether. I wouldn't like to say, let's just see what happens......
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Any two from Fleetwood down...
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Angus MacDonald

Post by sam_ »

Argyle won't. It'll be Accrington or Barnet and Aldershot, Wimbledon have to stay up, will be a shame to see a club like that go down after such hard work
We'll be back...
lankyben
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by lankyben »

dons and accy. with us in 19th.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

only hope its the gargs!

apart from that couldnt give a sh*t!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:only hope its the gargs!

apart from that couldnt give a sh*t!

NEWSFLASH!! SUPER WANTS US TO GO DOWN!! ;-)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Like to see Barnet go. London is already awash with league clubs, and when the 'tash and I went last season I wasn't very well in the stomach/bowels department. To find on arrival no sinks/running water in the Gents wasn't the best news I'd had all day, luckily I'd made emergency provision in the form of a packet of baby wipes. Like he said at the time, (and I quote) "if you are unfortunate enough to have a finger through the bog paper situation, you can't gel it off can you?".
On those ground alone (and the fact that they're not a 'real' league club) they have to go. Along with Dagenham (although I think Accrington will go down) :-/
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
Bitchie Renault

Post by Bitchie Renault »

Having looked at the remianing fixtures, I reckon Argyle have a real uphill struggle and I can see them finishing bottom on about 43 points. Wimbledon to join them on about 45 points.
As long as we get a fair rub of the green over the next 13 games I reckon we'll just be safe, but probably not that much in it. I can't see us picking up too many points on the road, so home games against Wycombe, Oxford, Barnet York & Chesterfield are crucial, if we can get 9 points from those 5 games, we should be ok.