Which 2 is it to be then?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Which 2 is it to be then?

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Assuming we escape relegation which i know am fully confident we will do so comfortably in the end, which two clubs do you lot think will drop into the BSP?

I have always stated that since Sheridan took over at Plymouth, they will drop as he is in no way the right sort of manager to be getting them out of the brown stuff so Plymouth are my first team.

Barnet and Aldershot are both poor sides but they are gradually accumulating points and i think they will be safe. I can't see Brizzle and York being sucked in so that leaves AFC Wimbledon and Accrington. I do think that although Wimbledon sit bottom at the moment, Accrington look the team for me who will struggle for any sort of consistent form and so my two are:

PLYMOUTH & ACCRINGTON

I hope AFC Wimbledon and Barnet both drop though as they are both London-ish clubs and as you all know i'm allergic to London. :~D

Anyway, we're not going down, under Knill we'll be the dogs boll*cks!!! :scarf:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

BREAKING NEWS: Andy likes Torquay management.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

stevegull wrote:BREAKING NEWS: Andy likes Torquay management.
:lol:

I'd even like Jeremy Clarkson if he got us playing in the opponents half Steve! :)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
robbotufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by robbotufc »

Accrrington and Barnet for the drop

Trojan and i will be hoping it won't be <3 Plymouth
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Andy, I will answer this thread when we have 50 pts, untill then, my lips are sealed.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

forevertufc wrote:Andy, I will answer this thread when we have 50 pts, untill then, my lips are sealed.

Very wise Dave, very wise. ;-)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I've said we're gonna stop up so we're down anyway now! :lol:
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Plymouth remind me of Colchester (from around 20 years ago) and Carlisle (from probably around 10 years ago or so) who both seemed, on the face of it, clubs that were unlikely relegation candidates in terms of their stature. Had a season of struggle and survived, so then you looked at them and expected a bit of momentum to get them secure or better the following season, yet both Colchester and Carlisle - after just surviving - then succumbed the following year. Therefore, there is a part of me that thinks Plymouth might go. All of me hopes they do, but essentially, because they are Plymouth and because they are essentially swines, they will probably survive.

We need to hit the ground running very quickly under Alan Knill and it may be that we have a bit of 'dead- cat-bounce' and we bounce high enough to see us over the 50pt line. If he is unable to arrest the slide that we currently are seeing, then we could certainly be last year's Macclesfield because at the moment we are doing everything to emulate them. So there is a reasonable chance - make a good bet, I suspect - that it could be a Devon double going down.

However, Accrington are surely going down at some point and this could be the year, whilst Barnet seem to wriggle out of it each year, so I expect them to be clear. Aldershot or Wimbledon are the only other clubs I see, unless York go on a dodgy run. I think everyone else are probably secure enough to start thinking about next season.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I have a hunch it may well be Plymuff. I haven't got any particular fondness for them at all. There is a streak of arrogance about them and they do have quite a few nasty violent fans. or certainly have in the past. They certainly let us know it when we went down and it would have been quite funny if Exeter had been going down with them. But it seems they are going the other way.,
Acrington are certainly a good bet for the drop and I have no reason to suspect they will survive this time. Their ground is the pits. I think it may well easily be the worst in the league and possibly even the conference. Barnet seem to be on the up a bit at the moment and with the move this summer and a new ground on the horizon I think they will lose the mantle of one of the worst grounds in the league. In fact the new stadium could gain them new fans. they sertainly need it.
Aldershot should be looking at getting a newer stadium in the not to distant future and say goodbye to their old ground. it is past it's best. Not a particularly nice place to visit. Odd too with only 3 sides. I don't have any love for some of these cloned new stadiums but they are way better than facilities that belong to the victorian era.
I have a fondness for Wimblebimledon. they fought a mamoth fight to regain league status after MK franchise stole their spot. I really do want them to survudly they are in danger
My vote woulr be Plymuff and Accy.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

I won't make any definite predictions but I do think that Plymouth have enough about them to survive.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Glostergull wrote:I have a hunch it may well be Plymuff. I haven't got any particular fondness for them at all. There is a streak of arrogance about them and they do have quite a few nasty violent fans. or certainly have in the past. They certainly let us know it when we went down and it would have been quite funny if Exeter had been going down with them. But it seems they are going the other way.,
Acrington are certainly a good bet for the drop and I have no reason to suspect they will survive this time. Their ground is the pits. I think it may well easily be the worst in the league and possibly even the conference. Barnet seem to be on the up a bit at the moment and with the move this summer and a new ground on the horizon I think they will lose the mantle of one of the worst grounds in the league. In fact the new stadium could gain them new fans. they sertainly need it.
Aldershot should be looking at getting a newer stadium in the not to distant future and say goodbye to their old ground. it is past it's best. Not a particularly nice place to visit. Odd too with only 3 sides. I don't have any love for some of these cloned new stadiums but they are way better than facilities that belong to the victorian era.
I have a fondness for Wimblebimledon. they fought a mamoth fight to regain league status after MK franchise stole their spot. I really do want them to survudly they are in danger
My vote woulr be Plymuff and Accy.

Thanks for reminding me GG, i'm going next weekend! :'(
HeavenAndHele
First Regular
First Regular

Post by HeavenAndHele »

Just for fun (?) I thought I'd check the 'predict the top seven' thread from the beginning of the season - I had us at number 3 (behind Southend and Chesterfield). So given that I'm crap at predictions I'll say we're going down!
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

Plymouth and Torquay. ;-)
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Like Dave I'm saying nothing!!!!! that 13 points we need look like 113 at the moment. But just imagine Argyle dropping into the conference!! :O
Oblivion!!!!
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Us and Accrington