Alan Knill - Bury fans opinion

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
buryfan
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: poke

Post by buryfan »

Just a quick one to those asking about the style of play that we played, here a few quotes from Twitter from a few of his players.

@cambelford " Gd Luck to Knilly at Torquay #topmanager #purefootball #passpasspass "

@joe_skarz "all the best to Alan Knill at Torquay! #totalfootball"
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

not yet, no imfo, but at least two .
buryfan
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: poke

Post by buryfan »

He is always loved by the players, I dont know why as he comes across on Radio interviews badly.

If he does what he did at Bury, he will add some pace and make you very difficult to beat. I remember the days when we were a counter attacking team that destroyed teams constantly. In fact it was the 3-2 victory for us at your place, were we hit you on the break twice.

He will make you difficult to beat, add pace then its just a waiting game until he can find some flair and a goalscorer and that is how you end up getting promoted out of league two. Our team in League two could have easily competed at the top of League One, but unfortunately we sold a lot of our players for big money.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Thank goodness for this thread. Was feeling quite despondent after reading the 'AK confirmed' thread. Thank you Bury fans!
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Good news!! Trebles all round.. burp!
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

austrianandygull wrote:No worries mate, just thought i'd ask incase you knew something and you weren't letting on. :~D
No worries mate...? Andy are you an Australian pretending to be Austrian...? :~D
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Ich verstehe nicht Mick! I'm not Australian mate but to all you Devon yokels Ich bin ein Auslander most certainly! :lol: ;-)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
The Farmers Friend
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by The Farmers Friend »

austrianandygull wrote:Ich verstehe nicht Mick! I'm not Australian mate but to all you Devon yokels Ich bin ein Auslander most certainly! :lol: ;-)
Nein, du bist ein Marmeladinger!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

No way!!!!!!!! I maybe from Yorkshire and i may have an Austrian family but i certainly am NOT that!!! :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

If Alan Knill is going to add pace to the team, we certainly have a few fast players in the squad. Hopefully we'll now see their speed used on the wings as it should be used, together with some great passes from midfield, and a goal-scoring duo in the centre. A couple of loan signings if necessary, and we could have a great late run... :-D