Thanks For Applying

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Baker you are a lazy bastard and don't deserve to be in the position you're in. You are a disgrace. I have been in the situation of applying for jobs left right and centre and even attending interviews and getting no response and believe me it does nothing for self confidence. It just highlights the lack of disregard in which you hold people. Common human respect and decency would tell you that if an individual can be bothered to research your organisation, submit an application, prepare for interview, attend the interview whether it be travelling from Newton Abbot or Hull, and all that entails then YOU SHOULD BE BOTHERED ENOUGH TO RESPOND TO THEM INDIVIDUALLY YOU LAZY, ARROGANT ****!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Lack of disregard? ;-)

You might have been a tad harsh i think. :O
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Sorry Fonda but this scenario has happened to me on numerous occasions and although you get used to it after a bit it makes your blood boil to think you have been treated with such disdain and indifference. For what might be unimportant to one person might be the opposite to another, so i wish Mr Baker would appreciate this.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

andygullagain wrote:Baker you are a lazy bastard and don't deserve to be in the position you're in. You are a disgrace. I have been in the situation of applying for jobs left right and centre and even attending interviews and getting no response and believe me it does nothing for self confidence. It just highlights the lack of disregard in which you hold people. Common human respect and decency would tell you that if an individual can be bothered to research your organisation, submit an application, prepare for interview, attend the interview whether it be travelling from Newton Abbot or Hull, and all that entails then YOU SHOULD BE BOTHERED ENOUGH TO RESPOND TO THEM INDIVIDUALLY YOU LAZY, ARROGANT t**t!!
Think this is way to harsh. How do you even know that the board didn't send letters out to say that they weren't getting the job?

Massive over reaction from some people here. Like a few have said, it was probably just for the people who weren't serious about the application.

Some people just seem to want to get on the boards back as soon as they possibly can! Ridculous
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Hey i hold my hands up and humbly apologise if this is the case TUFC92 but onthe O/S Baker was quoted as saying we can't possibly reply to every applicant or words to that effect. So that is the info i have to go on. It doesn't say the board sent out letters to every applicant even if unsuccessful. It says what it says. That to me on face value devalues Mr Baker as a human being.
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

Yellow4life wrote:
This is what happened, a mate of mine applied- for no reason and he received an email wishing him the best in finding a job in the future, along with thanking him for his application.
If you look at the post, then somebody who quite clearly was not even a football manager, had an email wishing him the best.

I'd be more than inclined to believe that if the club did this for this person, that they would of done it for every other. And, I would expect that the club would of then sent letters to the shortlisted applicants.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

OK but not what Baker says on O/S as is my point. Would it not have been more beneficial to him to actually say on the O/S that we replied to every single applicant? This is inadvertant positive PR and i'm sure his 'people' would have included this if it were true to make better his position. Then again this is Torquay and often it appears that they couldn't find thier arse with both hands.
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

Trojan 67 wrote:
My thoughts precisely. Who's to say the club has not replied directly to every unsuccessful applicant before it's public announcement ?
I think the clue lies in the part of the official statement that says “We received so many applications that it would be simply impossible to reply to each one individually but we were certainly very heartened by the interest the position generated”.

It is quite simply an unprofessional way for any business to conduct itself.

An e-mail is a poor substitute, but would have been better than nothing.

I am disappointed by what the OS post actually says, not to what some respondents think it might mean.
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I think this thread, if nothing else, highlights the difference between the traditionalists and the new-'yoof' on the site. The young-guns are happy to receive an E-Mail if they don't get a job. The wise owls among us feel that which was was good business etiquette for the proceeding 100 years ought to continue to be so. Don't get me wrong, I'm no techno-phobe, but there is just something about an E-Mail which, when one has gone through the rigmarole of applying for a job, seems a little half hearted and impersonal.

A thoroughly poor show TUFC, there weren't that many applicants.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

I wouldn't worry too much, it is standard practice in application handling not to respond to each and every application. Why spend money and time on responding to those applications from wonna be football managers, who's only experience is playing football manager on their PC?

If anything, I congratulate the club for thanking all applicants via the website. 99% of other clubs or businesses wouldn't bother.

I am sure for those 'serious' contenders who got as far as an interview would have been thanked personally with a "Sorry but thanks" phone call.

You know I luv you guys, but sometimes you do pick at the club too much over the most bizzare things.
GulldenBoy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Branston

Post by GulldenBoy »

OK now I also thought that it was a strange post of the website but from my own experience of job hunting, there is never any obligation to respond to an unsuccessful candidate.

The world of recruitment is pretty harsh and comercial companies will only ever respond to those on the short list.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Just couldn't really care in all honesty. Of all the things to get slightly annoyed about this is probably number 376th on my list, just below deleting the double email I got off someone.

They've chosen Ling (rightly or wrongly) lets see what happens, my gut feeling tells me I'm not sure this time next year Martin Ling will still be in charge here. Hope I'm wrong.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Apologies everyone for my rant and inexcusable use of colourful language last night in my posts about Baker and the interview process. I'd had a few and it just struck a nerve with me having been in the position of jobhunter on many occasions and getting treated badly. Royalgull succinctly highlights the unimportance of the thread in the overall context of life and i'll leave it at that.