Thanks For Applying

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Thanks For Applying

Post by yellow »

Dear Chairman.

Just seen the post on the OS. Are you having a laugh?

What a shameful way to announce to candidates that they were not successful with their job applications.

No matter how many applicants there were, and of what calibre, they were all worth the price of a letter and a stamp.

How tin pot and amateurish.
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

But if there was 'that many' and remember not all were serious- surely that money is best used elsewhere.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

heres the link

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 04,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

it does sound a strange way of doing business!!
still keeping the faith
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

That. Is. Quite. Staggering. I've seen it all now. I very much doubt any of the applicants that failed are making regular checks on the club website now! I made a thread about 'acting small' sometime ago. We never learn.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Blimey, this was entirely my reaction when I saw it, but figured I'd best not say too much for fear that I might just be making a fuss about nothing.

Yellow, come on mate, 'that many', maybe 50 applicants, a 2nd class stamp is 36p, that's a total of £18, plus paper, ink, envelopes, wages of a typist and electricity for the computer. So, we're hard up for £30, are we?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

A simple email should suffice, surely all applicants could manage to supply an email address?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Southampton Gull wrote:A simple email should suffice, surely all applicants could manage to supply an email address?

My thoughts precisely. Who's to say the club has not replied directly to every unsuccessful applicant before it's public announcement ?
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Not sure what the purpose of this statement is then?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Trojan 67 wrote:

My thoughts precisely. Who's to say the club has not replied directly to every unsuccessful applicant before it's public announcement ?

This is what happened, a mate of mine applied- for no reason and he received an email wishing him the best in finding a job in the future, along with thanking him for his application.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

We don't help ourselves sometimes..............
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Fonda wrote:Not sure what the purpose of this statement is then?
Neither do I.

It must be to thank all the local fantasists, billy five lies, billy big b'llocks and wind up merchants, all of which think they can manage the club.
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

That's probably it...
mlw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by mlw »

Simon Barker probably had it posted to give some of you the opportunity to have a go at the board seeing its been quiet on that score for a while.
OK, so it seems odd, but does it really warrant a thread all of its own? After all its fairly obvious that at least the principal candidates would have been notified by e-mail two weeks ago when Martin Ling was appointed. Board bashing or manager bashing seems a favourate on this board. Get behind the club for Gods sake they are trying hard to improve and the appointment of Andrew Candy will really help to speed things along.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

To honest i have taken this article on the O/S with a real pinch of salt,no serious contender for the job would have applied after seeing the job advertized on the O/S, and those candidate's who made it on to the short list would have been contacted in the right and proper way.

That said a generic dear john sent out to all those who did not make it pass the first part of the process would have been quite easy,and cost little.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

we do seem to have an incredible ability to make ourselves look amateur at times, and whilst I can see why SB made this statement, saying there were too many applicants to reply to individually, is just unbelievable. I really can t believe those applicants have just looked on the OS and thought “oh, I didn t get the job”, and would really hope they d at least had a phone call/letter/email or whatever.

Someone really needs to vet this stuff before it gets posted on the OS. The web is a powerful tool, but all we seem to do with it is make ourselves look totally incompetent.
Brady

I Wish I Was There