Replacement for Buckle (if he goes)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

John Coleman
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Anyone who'll do it for 50K. Ian Hayman thinks he can get a manager in for that figure.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Southampton Gull wrote:Anyone who'll do it for 50K. Ian Hayman thinks he can get a manager in for that figure.

I f'kin hope that is per annum and not per week.
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

He's here, he's there, he's every f***in where......................
Dave

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Surely not, Dave?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Don't be surprised, I heard his name last week, and again tonight from a totally different but reputable source.

It is a speculation thread though, so take it as you will, nothing concrete.
Dave

usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Southampton Gull wrote:He's here, he's there, he's every f***in where......................
Brian McClair :lol:
Plymouthgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by Plymouthgull »

Whilst I appreciate that there are serious budget constraints for our club and the possibility that Buckle might go becuae he is ambitious, I would ask those who hold the purse strings to think in the long term. We have a wonderful opportunity to build the club to become an establised Div 1 side, a new stand which will transform the ground and attract new supporters and an exciting young group of talented players. Just possibly, we are on the brink of getting somewhat near to the golden days of the 60's ( no I am not being stupid or wildly over optimistic). We must not throw this opportunity away for the sake of balancing the books in the short term. We threw away the last opportunity in Div 1. Those up the road seem to have built upon their success (as much as I hate to admit it). We must do the same.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Plymouthgull wrote:Whilst I appreciate that there are serious budget constraints for our club and the possibility that Buckle might go becuae he is ambitious, I would ask those who hold the purse strings to think in the long term. We have a wonderful opportunity to build the club to become an establised Div 1 side, a new stand which will transform the ground and attract new supporters and an exciting young group of talented players. Just possibly, we are on the brink of getting somewhat near to the golden days of the 60's ( no I am not being stupid or wildly over optimistic). We must not throw this opportunity away for the sake of balancing the books in the short term. We threw away the last opportunity in Div 1. Those up the road seem to have built upon their success (as much as I hate to admit it). We must do the same.
Maybe not being optimistic but naive though. The board can not afford to keep putting money into the club season after season. They will try and balance the books as best they can (be it short or long term) because if you dont, look at the state of your local team that, all being well, we will be swapping places with next weekend. The Greeks are only financially viable recently because they keep managing to unearth players that go for reasonable money. They run at an operating loss (according to figures i dug up somewhere) if you exclude transfers (or have done over the last couple of seasons).
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Sorry, Kevin Hill is just too nice. I'd hate for it to go wrong for him.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Give Buckle a rise, increase the budget, and improve the ground. If the worst happens, we'll only have to pay 1p for every £ we spend, so this is a great opportunity to spend 100 x more than we're currently able to. With a points deduction we'll find ourselves back in L2 with a clean slate, roughly where we are now, and that's the worst case scenario.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
roverstilidie

Post by roverstilidie »

As I said earlier in the week the contract has already been signed and he agreed who got offered new deals this week and sanctioned Hoskins sale. Not completely happy with the way it's been done but hope you go up and can get someone else in that gives you a chance. Just don't make the mistake of giving it to Trolls. Lawrence was the brains behind our promotion and when he went it all went wrong.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Gulliball wrote:Give Buckle a rise, increase the budget, and improve the ground. If the worst happens, we'll only have to pay 1p for every £ we spend, so this is a great opportunity to spend 100 x more than we're currently able to. With a points deduction we'll find ourselves back in L2 with a clean slate, roughly where we are now, and that's the worst case scenario.
Snigger....Little dig at our neighbours (both of them) by any chance? :nod:
Bomber
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Bomber »

What about Graham Coughlan?

Currently assisting Paul Sturrock at Southend, so has coaching pedigree and will know the league and, most importantly, could easily be persuaded to move down here.
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFC92 »

Have to admit I have a big feeling that if Bucks is to go, that Hilly could take over...