Replacement for Buckle (if he goes)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Replacement for Buckle (if he goes)

Post by monkeyboy »

Sorry if you find this post a little negative, but it's just a bit of hypothesizing should Buckle go to Bristol Rovers.

Who would you like to see take up the reins? I think with our young squad, decent reserve and youth set-up a certain Peter Taylor could do good things.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

I don't really want to speculate until our season is over and we know what's happening. I've had my say on the matter on another thread so now want to concentrate on Friday.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Would love Chris Hargreaves in, but like what HRG said would like to wait until the end of the season.
Who knows we may win promotion and and Bucks may stay as were in league 1.

We just dont know do we.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

We can have a wonderful wish list should Buckle go,with the type of player budget and likely wages,expect Chris Hargreaves,no dissrespect to Greavsie however would not expect an experienced manager to be intrested.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

forevertufc wrote:We can have a wonderful wish list should Buckle go,with the type of player budget and likely wages,expect Chris Hargreaves,no dissrespect to Greavsie however would not expect an experienced manager to be intrested.
Really Dave? There are a lot of 'experienced' managers out of work, and only so many League jobs to go around. I reckon the list of applicants might be quite interesting. Whether we could afford them would be another question.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Fonda wrote: Really Dave? There are a lot of 'experienced' managers out of work, and only so many League jobs to go around. I reckon the list of applicants might be quite interesting. Whether we could afford them would be another question.
I have said i do not expect an experience manager to be intrested,however i am in no doubt that some would apply,again when the realality of what Torquay as a club are and what we as a club can offer in terms of backing to a manager i would expect more than a few to end any intrest in taking the job,also iam not entirly sure that our board would want to go with an experienced manager.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

I'd hope we'd at least 'want' an experienced manager. Another manager 'learning his trade' would be a big risk. When we were in the BSP - with expectancy at an all-time low, it was the perfect time for a 'rookie'. Even if he'd done badly, we'd have been in no realistic danger of falling further down the ladder. That's not the case now.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I agree with Fonda. We need an expeirianced head. I wouldnt want Peter Taylor though.

Someone like Trollope might be interested..

But worry about that if it happens. Got Friday to worry about yet.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Hargreaves knows how the club is run and loves it. I know he doesnt have the experience, but if he can carry on how things were left (if left) then he will be fine.

But if we go up Bucks will stay, and would like to see Mr greaves in as something in the club.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Fonda wrote:I'd hope we'd at least 'want' an experienced manager. Another manager 'learning his trade' would be a big risk. When we were in the BSP - with expectancy at an all-time low, it was the perfect time for a 'rookie'. Even if he'd done badly, we'd have been in no realistic danger of falling further down the ladder. That's not the case now.
Totlay agree with you Shane/Alex,when i say the board may not look at an experienced manager,i am coming entirely from a finance angle,it will come down to availible funds,surely,our board will know that Peter Taylor,Paul Trollope will cost "x" Chris Hargreaves will cost "y",whilst i do not know,just got a feeling thats the road our club will go down.
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Don't care, right now all I care about is Friday.

This thread's 3 weeks too early.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Fonda wrote: Really Dave? There are a lot of 'experienced' managers out of work, and only so many League jobs to go around. I reckon the list of applicants might be quite interesting. Whether we could afford them would be another question.

With the size of budget being bandied about for next season, I doubt any experienced manager would see it as being workable. Besides, we haven't done too bad with the last ambitious novice have we?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Bucks will not stay IMO, it just depends on how high he will step up to and all the publicity and plaudits he and TU are getting can't be doing him any harm.

Still can't see it being Brissol Rovers though, you would have thought a team already in L1 or Championship.

Trollope would be ideal.
TUST #324
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Southampton Gull wrote:
With the size of budget being bandied about for next season, I doubt any experienced manager would see it as being workable. Besides, we haven't done too bad with the last ambitious novice have we?
Absolutely not Dave. But our situation is slightly different now. The 'gamble' paid off last time. Wouldn't necessarily happen again though.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

I for one really do hope he stays but you can't argue with the fact he's earned the right for other clubs to come in and look at his plaudits, he's got a hell of a lot to offer!! The bit on the BBC site doesnt sound too convincing thoug!....

If Bucks does eventually up sticks and leaves, I vote we find where Lubos is at and try poach him back! Hahahahahahahahaha!!..........