Boreham Wood v Torquay Utd - Sat 21st January

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
toastkid
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

Let's be fair, if you thought it would be on, you'd have been optimistic to the extreme. Just about all NL games are off.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Oh really. Lets be fair Boreham Wood are a bunch of arrogant Tossers. This is their tweet from yesterday afternoon.

We can confirm that tomorrows visit of @TUFC1899 to the LV BET Stadium Neadow Park is NOT subject to any planned pitch inspection.

With tomorrows forecast mirroring todays our grounds tream have inspected the pitch this afternoon and have no concerns.

I mean how is that for arrogance.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

It's that Tweet yesterday which is really poor from BWFC.

The ref should've been there early to make a decision saving everyone time and money
zebgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by zebgull »

Optimistic or not, a great shame for all of us who have just arrived. Nice and sunny in the park next door but the grass is pretty hard, just should have called it earlier!!!
Gull in black
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Gull in black »

Mickey Mouse league and Boreham Wood a Mickey Mouse club - disgraceful to call of the match at 14:00
TerryTorq
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tommy Northcott

Post by TerryTorq »

I live in Hertfordshire 20 miles from Boreham Wood. The weather has been the same all week with temperatures just above freezing during the day and down to minus 4 or 5 at night. If there wasn't a problem yesterday then there shouldn't have been a problem today. Bad planning especially as the referee lives less than 10 miles from the ground.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Wouldn't have taken much to cover the strip in the shade last night.
Gull in black
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Gull in black »

According to Soccerbase this was due to be ref’s first match in this league.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Gull in black wrote: 21 Jan 2023, 17:33 According to Soccerbase this was due to be ref’s first match in this league.
...and I hope it's his f**king last! What a waste of a day.... to call it off at such short notice (I was 3 minutes from the ground) is not only disgraceful after Boring Wood had said 'no concerns' it also shows huge lack of respect to those United fans who had travelled from far and wide.

Well, whenever this game is re-arranged for I can guarantee that Boring F**king Wood can count on two less United fans making the trip.

To the referee (sic) who called this off, I hope you sleep well tonight knowing that you've ruined the day of many....and no, not just the Yellow Army...the caterers, the programme compilers etc etc

:red:
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

United62 wrote: 21 Jan 2023, 18:33 ...and I hope it's his f**king last! What a waste of a day.... to call it off at such short notice (I was 3 minutes from the ground) is not only disgraceful after Boring Wood had said 'no concerns' it also shows huge lack of respect to those United fans who had travelled from far and wide.

Well, whenever this game is re-arranged for I can guarantee that Boring F**king Wood can count on two less United fans making the trip.

To the referee (sic) who called this off, I hope you sleep well tonight knowing that you've ruined the day of many....and no, not just the Yellow Army...the caterers, the programme compilers etc etc

:red:
To be fair, from what I can tell it's not his fault at all. If Boreham Wood said their pitch is fine, he's got there at the normal time, taken a look at the pitch and made the only decision he could make. If he keeps the game on and a player turns an ankle, he's probably liable somehow.

Given that clubs have to pay travel expenses if the game is called off late, it sounds like the responsibility is on clubs to require a pitch inspection, not refs.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Rearranged date for Borehamwood is Tuesday 28th March. I read it on their website. Have not heard anything from our lot !
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

somersetgull wrote: 27 Jan 2023, 12:56 Was announced on Tuesday by Torquay United Football Club on social media and on official website minutes later. About 11am.

Do you actually update the Clubs official website?? I.e clear your cache or refresh the page?

Why didn't you see it??

First time you looked was when?

We are going down wish all non attendees would moan about the players and tactics more than happy clapping or thinking we won't go down because the biased commentator on the radio says we are playing well and unlucky 🤪🤪🤪🤪.

But no just moan about something that was relayed back via the outlets.

Ok then 🙈🙈🙈🙈
I am a ST holder and gavevnot missed a game for several seasons but I am NOT a big website user. The club sometimes phones or emails me but not on this occasion.

I have just realised that 99.9% of this forums users, who think you are a total tosser are correct. Go and annoy Yeovil, if you come from Somerset.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

We may get relegated we may stay up - who knows its football.

However one things for certain Somersetgull is going to win the Premier Division of the Massive Bell End League.

:clap: :clap: :clap: