Deano: Director of Kick and Rush?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

forevertufc wrote:As for the interview and rhetoric coming from Dean Edwards, firstly it should be seen, and is not hard to work out, a lot of what Dean said was in a "figure of speech" Dean Edwards clearly does not want people at the club, who would actually, for real kick their granny, and talking about the 1980's, he's clearly talking about mental strength, spirit and desire, that he seems to think is missing in so many young players coming through today.

As for the 'No more namby pamby' well hurray for that, long held opinion of mine, and posted it from time to time, sick and tired of watching other teams supporters celebrating promotion or avoiding relegation on our ground, while we've either missed or gone down ourselves.

Fed up to the back teeth of looking at League 1 and 2, littered with clubs who 20 years ago were the flower pot league, while we're deservedly, where we are . Our club is a soft touch, never forgotten queuing up for tickets for the Stevenage play-off final, with our fans complaining why Stevenage fans could buy tickets for which section wanted to go in, and then a voice pipes up from the back of the ticket office; well Stevenage have broken the rules laid down for the ticket sales, really, well just how naughty was that.

Dean Edwards and Steve Breed along with the consortium have shown more passion, desire and fight for this football club in a week, than I've seen in years, stand up and take a :bow: they have my support.
:goodpost:
TUST No 278
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: And???

Obviously the new board agree.

I think he was alluding to your hypocrisy ...................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Southampton Gull wrote:

I agree with Burnhamgull about letting the new board get on with the job, but I did have to laugh at you, supes, in agreeing with him - especially given the lack of time you afforded Greavsie in his role....you were on his case even before his appointment!!
And???

Obviously the new board agree.[/quote]

I think he was alluding to your hypocrisy ...................[/quote]

Really???
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

I won't disagree with the sentiment of players standing up to be counted and making Plainmoor a difficult place to play. However, I do worry that in returning to the 80s, we will be playing a different game to the teams we face. Football, even in the Conference, has moved on. Our inability to embrace that or even acknowledge it, is part of the reason we are in the mess we are in. Dean Edwards is obviously a man with strong opinions and has a vision of how football should be played in his head (i.e. the way it was when he was playing).

I also think, as I have for some time, that we need to be smarter and far more contemporary with our marketing and the way we reach out to the young people of our community. Going back to the 80s hardly indicates a progressive agenda in this area. I hope that the changes that have been made (regarding training facilities, youth academy, etc) are short term only, and will be built upon when finances become available.

Good luck to the new board.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele