New Owners

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

[quote="happytorq"]

I'm most likely going to be making a coaching change; Hargreaves is going to be reassigned to groundsman

How has Chris Ralph upset you ??? ;-)
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

It has been stated in a letter from Kelvin that the potential new owners are a "group", so I guess it's not one rich individual....

Whoever they are, they are very good at keeping a secret. There hasn't been any "leaks" of the identity of this group. We still haven't any idea who they are.....????
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

I'm hoping for a lot of news tomorrow!
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

goodluckgull wrote:It has been stated in a letter from Kelvin that the potential new owners are a "group", so I guess it's not one rich individual....

Whoever they are, they are very good at keeping a secret. There hasn't been any "leaks" of the identity of this group. We still haven't any idea who they are.....????
Lets hope it's ONE DIRECTION and the only way is up their hit song. :keepie:
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

arcadia wrote: Lets hope it's ONE DIRECTION and the only way is up their hit song. :keepie:
The Only Way Is Up? Wasn't that Yazz?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

PhilGull wrote: The Only Way Is Up? Wasn't that Yazz?
I think it was an hilarious attempt to amalgamate names in order to confer the belief of the new board being somewhat go-getting and aiming for promotion.

In reality, it's an hilarious comparison to our board as we lost members from there too.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Where ARE these new owners anyway? Ooops sorry, meant to say where are these 'new' existing board members anyway? :Oops:
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Sorry to kill your negativity Andy, but it has been said on another forum that things are going very well, and that the deal could be wrapped up in the next fortnight.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

brooker wrote:Sorry to kill your negativity Andy, but it has been said on another forum that things are going very well, and that the deal could be wrapped up in the next fortnight.
Brooker, that is excellent news. See it as negativity if you like but I see it as vital to the progression of TUFC. A TUFC with any of the incumbent board making decisions is doomed. I would be over the moon for you lot to have new faces come in, new ideas, new momentum and get bloody moving forward again and if such a scenario appears to be on the horizon then i'd be the first to express my happiness. Anyone know who the deal involves anyway if it's not the current board?
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I have no information but I have a gut feeling, I do not know why,that the new owners might be Irish.

Pure speculation on my part and I could be way off the mark.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

My brother has 'heard' (made up?) a rumour that the consortium includes Neil Warnock. He has insisted that I share this with you so he can brag should it be true.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

portugull wrote:I have no information but I have a gut feeling, I do not know why, that the new owners might be Irish.
Pure speculation on my part and I could be way off the mark.
Catholic or protestant ? =D
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Richinns wrote:My brother has 'heard' (made up?) a rumour that the consortium includes Neil Warnock. He has insisted that I share this with you so he can brag should it be true.
Wasn't this banded about a while ago?
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

cambgull wrote: Wasn't this banded about a while ago?
Not that I can recall. There was one going back a couple of months though about Harry Redknapp.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

CP Gull wrote:Not that I can recall. There was one going back a couple of months though about Harry Redknapp.
that's interesting - heard a bit of a podcast interview that Redknapp did the other day where he was talking about going to see a Bournemouth U-9s game against...Torquay, and he was saying how good the Torquay side was. Then he went into explaining how he'd spoken to a couple of the parents and it was likely they were going to get shut down because of the lack of funding, which he thought was a shame.

Not normally much of a Redknapp fan - and after Jon Gittens he's probably not much of a Torquay fan :) - but i thought this was interesting.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.