New Owners

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

New Owners

Post by Kernowgull »

Just received an e-mail from TUST to say Thea has accepted an offer for the club, pending due diligence etc. So, anyone know anything?
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

No, know nothing. I would also expect very little information if everyone does their job properly!

I am not being negative, but I am not going to presume anything here yet. We've seen plenty of deals fail in this exclusivity period at many other clubs.

I hope it is positive news though. Bearing in mind Thea's wish list of someone who was willing to invest enough to cover the first year of transition hopefully this heralds a new era. I'm sure the spectre of Roberts will be on some people's shoulder if we do get new owners, so I hope they are open to new ideas. I am of course not saying we should roll over and let our bellies be tickled, but we should be ready for change as well as looking to hold new owners to account.

Which leads me to my last point. I think TUST have worked a minor miracle in the last few weeks. To get to where they are, starting to get a coherent ownership bid together with able people involved, after only reforming a couple months ago is staggering. If we do get new private owners, I would urge the fan base to continue to join the trust. The debacle of the last few years with poor decisions being made, and the potential for Roberts-esque owners now or in the future, only strengthens the case for fans to have at least a minority shareholding in the club, and therefore a place on the board. By this method the fans will be at the very least informed earlier if things are going wrong and can act before its too late.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Really hope this is positive but to be honest I can't see this being anything other than the previous walk away butchers BAKERS and unsuccessful candlestick makers.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Not sure about that, Dave. I think most of the current board have no real inclination to increase their financial commitment to the club.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Do hope your right, although I wouldn't be adverse to the likes of Alex Rowe and the Boyces putting some common sense forward. The likes of Baker and Phillips though..... No thanks
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

By the fact she states she is going to travel to meet the potential buyers suggests it is not those who remain on the board or anyone local.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

I also got the email - wanted to give a 'shoutout' (as I believe the kids say) to the TUST who have done a sterling job communicating the goings-on. I don't think it was particularly realistic that the TUST purchase or assume ownership of the club at this time, but they (he?) have done a great job in getting more people involved in the trust. Sooner or later I think the Trust *will* be in a position to own the club - or at least have a stake - and doubling the membership - i think it's now over 200? - is a really good start.

Now, hopefully the Trust can pivot and act as the soul of the club - ensuring that whoever the new owners might be are made accountable and are aware of their responsibility to both the club and the community.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well lets hope this can be concluded soon, and is a positive for the club.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Richinns wrote:By the fact she states she is going to travel to meet the potential buyers suggests it is not those who remain on the board or anyone local.
Thea said: “There has been a lot of hard work to get to this point, and I travel hopefully that we will be able to conclude this deal."
I believe she may have been using the word 'travel' in a metaphorical sense.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I think its Alex Rowe
TUST MEMBER
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

Neal wrote:I think its Alex Rowe
A hunch or insider information??!
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

More of a hunch ( I don't actually know) but he said something to my wife about 12 months ago which I wont repeat or Im in bovver.
TUST MEMBER
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Very unlikely to be Alex Rowe, he didn't want to (or couldn't) put any money in not so long ago so I fail to see how his position has changed.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Southampton Gull wrote:Very unlikely to be Alex Rowe, he didn't want to (or couldn't) put any money in not so long ago so I fail to see how his position has changed.
Agree it's unlikely, although if he was ithe one in charge and had found a rich friend it is possible he would return I think. A very outside possibility I think.

Hey....what if it's.... BATESON!