York City v Torquay United 25/3/14

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

We are destined to go down. Sooner the season ends the better.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Pompey and wycombe still losing. We have to get points on the table first. Other results only matter if we get what we need first.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

I have to say that Greavsie does seem pretty naive tactically.
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

As we have proved yet again, whatever is going on elsewhere is simply irrelevant as we haven't been able to do the business all season which is why we are down. To be honest I couldn't see Exeter going down after the result at the weekend and with Tisdale staying on, it's got to the stage where I'm not actually that bothered - if anything it puts a dent in the slime's playoff hopes.
Last edited by taunton_gull on 25 Mar 2014, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
The original taunton_gull!!!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

time added on, once again, very very unlucky to come away with absolutely nothing
still keeping the faith
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

How many times have I heard tonight that Bodin has "held on too long", "poor pass", "turned into trouble"???

Welsh U21 International ....I can only assume there are only 10 other people under 21 in Wales who play football.

Never rated him and still don't.
Last edited by Gloomy Gull on 25 Mar 2014, 21:34, edited 1 time in total.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i think mansfield and exeter are now safe
still keeping the faith
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Our match reports are easy to write .........just put ditto !!
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

CP Gull wrote:I have to say that Greavsie does seem pretty naive tactically.
Swap the word pretty to extremely and you might be close.

How can we come out in the second half and not be all guns blazing given the half time scores and the opportunity that should have presented the manager to fire up the team?
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Just not good enough. Disappointed with Greavsie, he hasn't shown enough of what I thought he was made of. Gutted. Just won't drop his mates and not imaginative enough in either his tactics or his selections ... not looking forward to next season (in the Conference) if this is a sign of what is to come.

Going down with a whimper. :@

Ashamed of MY team tonight.
Last edited by CP Gull on 25 Mar 2014, 21:44, edited 1 time in total.
tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by tauntongull »

We could be playing for 3 months with 15 players and still wouldn't score. The stats don't lie and quite how we expect Stockley or Hawley to score is beyond me. I agree with others, sooner the season ends the better. Just not good enough, simple as that!
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!
Andovergull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee mansell

Post by Andovergull »

Agree With CP gull, it's the going down with a whimper people can't abide :@
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

So so sad,, I expected so much more tactical nouse from CH than "see my mates OK" and a worse plan B than Paul Buckle (who incidently didn't have one).

EVERY other club and manager can see our weak link is in LB position why oh why can CH not?
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

CP Gull wrote:Just not good enough. Disappointed with Greavsie, he hasn't shown enough of what I thought he was made of. Gutted. Just won't drop his mates and not imaginative enough in either his tactics or his selections ... not looking forward to next season (in the Conference) if this is a sign of what is to come.

Going down with a whimper. :@
Completely agree, Hargreaves talks a good game and has always seemed a man of character, but unless he is prepared to make tough decisions (but let's be honest - getting rid of those two isn't exactly a tough decision) we will go precisely nowhere. The only place we might go is to the foot of the conference like our old friends Aldershot and Hereford.
The original taunton_gull!!!
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Turned the commentary off after 75 minutes, once again, we fall behind and you just know we don't have the character in the team to pull a goal back. The only way we're staying up is if a few of our rivals above us get a points penalty. To be honest, i can't wait for us to get relegated as we deserve to go down. This season has been one disaster after another.

Going to Southend just to experience a football league fixture one last time before our trip into Non League.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!