York City v Torquay United 25/3/14

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

York City v Torquay United 25/3/14

Post by lucy6lucy »

Most of us looked at this fixture back in June last year as a weekend break in the historic town of York, and then realised it was a Tuesday night :@ Great planning by the fixture computer. A 5:30 hour motorway journey separates the 2 clubs, albeit by coach make that 7 hours, or if your Matt 4 hours.
After today's whimper, I hope the club make the team travel on the day and cut costs on hotel overnight stay. They may as well get used to doing 18 hour days as most come June will be in the building trade mixing concrete. Hopefully the players endure playing flappy birds whilst on the coach so by the time they arrive in York they can appreciate how frustrated we as fans our with them. It would not surprise me that we win this. I have full respect for any Devon based fan attending, and indeed any fan attending. I have been saved the pleasure by having to work due to the Manchester derby.
One thing guaranteed by 9:38 is that we have added to the carbon footprint by wasting 15 hours of wasted diesel carrying 20 unfit for purpose players.
With regards to the match it's destined for 2-0 York, but I hope we can still believe. COYY :lol:
Lucy
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I'm coming up from Torquay on the bus leaving at 11.15. Not expecting anything especially given the fantastic form York are currently in.

3-0 York.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

AlexGulls wrote:I'm coming up from Torquay on the bus leaving at 11.15. Not expecting anything especially given the fantastic form York are currently in.

3-0 York.
You must have a very full hip flask. Safe journey and respect from me
Lucy
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Ive booked the week off so may as well make the trip one of those ridiculous ones that you do to say you've done it. Rather than going with any expectancy. I believe Bengull is going off here as well.

Be interesting to see how many we take. I assume a few of the Yorkshire/Northern going to make the numbers slightly more respectable?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Can't wait for good old York. Going back up to my second home. Not in terms of property ownership though you'll understand. I can't even afford to live inside a wheelie bin never mind own a home. Couldn't fit inside a wheelie bin either to be fair unless it was one of those family size ones, I'd have a bash at that. Put it on it's side and lay in it and it's waterproof too. Shit hot!!

No, York has been a place i have lived near and been in and around since i was knee high to a grasshopper and it's such an amazing place. I'll be there with a mate (ok, I'm paying him) and I'm looking forward to watching our songs dissipate into the North Yorkshire night air before they can ever reach the David Longhurst and the Minster army. Someone bring a tannoy and i'll stand at the front facing our faithful, hanging off a railing knocking out songs like they do in La Liga. What could possibly go wrong?

Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

York are in cracking form and i can't see us getting 3 points here. I'd take a draw. I'll see all you lot up there lads and Super and Bix too. I wonder if Donnygull Tony is going? Not seen him since Burton nor does he post anymore. If you're reading Tony, get yersen off lad!!!! UP THE GULLS!!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

see you all there...........
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

not a chance in hell! fair play to you lot going up!
The gulls are going up
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

gullno4 wrote:not a chance in hell! fair play to you lot going up!

er, its only an hr for me mate..... :Oops:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:
er, its only an hr for me mate..... :Oops:
my post wasn't in reply to yours! enjoy it though, hopefully they won't dissapoint!
The gulls are going up
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

gullno4 wrote: my post wasn't in reply to yours! enjoy it though, hopefully they won't dissapoint!
=D

TUST Member 468

Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

lucy6lucy wrote:Most of us looked at this fixture back in June last year as a weekend break in the historic town of York, and then realised it was a Tuesday night :@ Great planning by the fixture computer. A 5:30 hour motorway journey separates the 2 clubs, albeit by coach make that 7 hours, or if your Matt 4 hours.
After today's whimper, I hope the club make the team travel on the day and cut costs on hotel overnight stay. They may as well get used to doing 18 hour days as most come June will be in the building trade mixing concrete. Hopefully the players endure playing flappy birds whilst on the coach so by the time they arrive in York they can appreciate how frustrated we as fans our with them. It would not surprise me that we win this. I have full respect for any Devon based fan attending, and indeed any fan attending. I have been saved the pleasure by having to work due to the Manchester derby.
One thing guaranteed by 9:38 is that we have added to the carbon footprint by wasting 15 hours of wasted diesel carrying 20 unfit for purpose players.
With regards to the match it's destined for 2-0 York, but I hope we can still believe. COYY :lol:
or If i am driving my barge 2.5 hours from Bristol.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Glostergull wrote: or If i am driving my barge 2.5 hours from Bristol.
unless its either a) a bugatti or b) a RAF Tornado, you are talking wet.

TUST Member 468

dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

well done on all going to this , especially the devon based ones. too be honest if you want to get any singing heard you might as well sit on the side under the roof. you wont be heard behind the goal and a better view.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

dazgull wrote:well done on all going to this , especially the devon based ones. too be honest if you want to get any singing heard you might as well sit on the side under the roof. you wont be heard behind the goal and a better view.
Is there anything to sing about? Old Shep may be appropriate ... that's sad ;-)
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Yes, they're in cracking form. Just the time for us to play them, then - they'll be so complacent, anticipating a pushover against the bottom team, that we'll give them an almighty shock!

Even without Labadie and Goodwin, and the rest of the squad injured or knackered or out of favour (where's Chapell at the moment?).

And no chance that Jarvis will do a Zebs on us.

So, foregone conclusion. Not worth going to this one ;-)
TUST member 200 ;-)