they won't go!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

numpte wrote:According to the BBC transfer ticker, Reading FC Dir of Footy Nick Hammond stating no deals of any significance today, just a few kids coming in.

Benyon and OKane?
Just saw the same and was going to post it.

Out of all, I think o'kane would be a good fit at reading. After all, they are known for their success with young Irish players (long, hunt, doyle - although as far as I'm aware they are all from the republic rather than the north).

Time will tell. Would like to see some movement soon though, preferably in!
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

numpte wrote:According to the BBC transfer ticker, Reading FC Dir of Footy Nick Hammond stating no deals of any significance today, just a few kids coming in.

Benyon and OKane?
Reading have just signed Manset the other day, no chance they'd take Benyon. They've also got about 100midfielders so again non starter with O Kane there.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I'm surprised Bevan hasn't received any interest, he's probably been one of our most consistant players this season and especially after Saturday's 2 penalty saves.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

We cant sell them all!!
TUST #324
loyalgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by loyalgull »

My heart skipped a beat!!!!!!!!

Was reading the BBC News Transfer Ticker thingy, and skim read the latest post to read 'Elliot Ben...' Luckily, it was Elliot Bennett, not Benyon. PHEW.
wiggy_10

Post by wiggy_10 »

numpte wrote:We cant sell them all!!
This is Torquay United, of course we can :-|
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

i was hoping someone came in for benyon early on in the window, because the kind of money being suggested was well worth it in my eyes. he gets the goals, but usually just through finding himself in the right place at the right time. call it predatory instinct, call it luck, but i definitely think we could have found someone better if that money was put back into the squad (although it probably wouldnt have been). if we're going to persist with the 4-5-1 to suit o'kane in the middle, the only player we've got who's enough of a physical presence to attempt the job is billy kee. he did it against walsall and i thought he showed promise.

but if benyon does go today (i don't think he will), we can kiss goodbye to the playoffs purely because we won't have time to bring anyone else in. billy and zebs just won't get the goals. our squad is basically too small to see anyone leave today.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

WHG wrote:Just reported on Talksport that Benyon has signed for Swindon
Could just be speculation

Heard that on Talksport at around half 8 this morning. Expecting it so lets hope it's financially a good deal as well as benefiting Benners.
Oblivion!!!!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Talksport? you're believing Talksport?!

Shame on you! :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

All quiet. doogull looking good for Bovril and a cheeky Kit-Kat as things currently stand!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

bobby93 wrote:i was hoping someone came in for benyon early on in the window, because the kind of money being suggested was well worth it in my eyes. he gets the goals, but usually just through finding himself in the right place at the right time. call it predatory instinct, call it luck, but i definitely think we could have found someone better if that money was put back into the squad (although it probably wouldnt have been). if we're going to persist with the 4-5-1 to suit o'kane in the middle, the only player we've got who's enough of a physical presence to attempt the job is billy kee. he did it against walsall and i thought he showed promise.

but if benyon does go today (i don't think he will), we can kiss goodbye to the playoffs purely because we won't have time to bring anyone else in. billy and zebs just won't get the goals. our squad is basically too small to see anyone leave today.
It's predatory instinct, and it doesn't come cheaply. Or rather shouldn't.

He's scored 14 goals having played for long periods up-front on his own. With some help he'd get more. There is no offer we'd get today that would represent good value. Wait until the summer, and go to a tribunal if necessary. A striker with upwards of 20 goals would command a decent fee.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

I reckon it will be a quiet night.

I have the feeling that we may have priced ourselves out of any deal with Swindon (for EB) and despite all the speculation in the Herald, it seems that the only concrete bid they (Swindon) have made for a striker since Charlie Austin left was for Argyle's Joe Mason with a fee being areed - only for the player himself to turn the move down.

As for any players coming in, I doubt it ... I guess if anything is going to happen it will be when the loan window reopens in a weeks time. I wonder how different it might have been if we had of won on Saturday though????
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

If our club has priced Swindon out of a deal for Benyon then i am delighted,it is excatly what i was on about in my TUFC thread,if our club wants to progress it has to either,insist on the buying club paying top,and mean top money for our best players,if not then hang on to the player and the service from the player.

All to often in the past we have let players go for a piece of silver.
Formerly known as forevertufc