Fleetwood Town v Torquay United - 7/9/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
HeavenAndHele
First Regular
First Regular

Post by HeavenAndHele »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:If I cannot post in jest what I want in a free world without offending other fans every other week then I'm not suitable to represent my club in this way.
"offending other fans every other week"?? As far as I know this is the first time any opposition fans have taken offence to one of your threads, in fact I seem to remember someone on another forum (Southend?) last season praising your insights into their town!
FavGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by FavGull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Actually the poster known as parchpea on the FTFC forum under thread 'southern arsehole' has made a hard hitting point. I probably embarrass Torquay fans with my threads and I've actually never even considered this as a knock on effect of what I post. There is absolutely no way that I want to make other TUFC fans ashamed of our great club, a club that has such a reputation for fairness and dignity and I never ever thought my threads would be so offensive to opposition fans.

I truly apologise if this is what has been happening for the last few years of me participating in the forum and it was never meant with malice. All I can do is hang my head and I sincerely mean this, match day threads are now the remit of somebody else (again). If I cannot post in jest what I want in a free world without offending other fans every other week then I'm not suitable to represent my club in this way.

I'm not having a rant or kicking off, I know how my posts may appear to opposition fans and I have been encouraged by a minority and not a majority to keep on doing them. Apologies Fleetwood fans , that is all I can say and I suppose your responses have stopped any other clubs fans getting the same infantile comments in future. Good luck for the season, after tomorrow and if you are proud of your town then who am I to castigate you for it.
Andy, your matchday threads are legendary, clearly so by the national recognition you are getting. And they are very very entertaining, and I for one do not find them the least bit embarrassing.

They are quite clearly comedy, but there will always be some who don't see this, including on our own forum. But the responses you have had before, and are about to get again will show this is the minority opinion. And fans from other teams have complimented you, that says it all. And if you wind up a few opposition fans along the way, unintentionally admittedly, then so be it, we got your back.

Put it down to jealousy, they wish they could have someone as creatively witty on their board, any kind of response suggests that.

The ability to self-depreciate is quite unique to this country, and is an undertone to your posts. You are right about Torquay, it is lovely in places but a right mess in others, a long way from the nicest place in Devon even, but at least it's not Plymouth.

And look up Chaversham on Google, funny sh!t if you know the place.

Keep up the good work Andy. For the creativity your posts often show, you should be starting in midfield tomorrow!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Awww, bless their little hearts, they don't like a post on another football clubs forum....tough shit ;-)

Bet that's the first time you've been called a southern arsehole Andy - you Northern t***er :na:

Don't take their comments to heart - they clearly don't understand jokes....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Awww, bless their little hearts, they don't like a post on another football clubs forum....tough sh*t ;-)

Bet that's the first time you've been called a southern arsehole Andy - you Northern t***er :na:

Don't take their comments to heart - they clearly don't understand jokes....
:no: steady pal...............

anyway Andy, Bo**ocks to them the fishy freaks.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

andy, dont take any notice of fans of another club or on any other forum. remember they are rivals. they are either just jealous that we have someone with your humour, wit and creativity, or they are thick as sh1t and dont get the humour or they just dont have a sense of humour or banter at all. :~D

if they have started a thread called southern arsehole then that is actually more of a dig and more offensive than anything you have written towards them. they should be embarrassed not you. :no:

believe me, you dont embarrass us. thats probably some t0$$er giving it big talk hiding behind his keyboard with absolutely no basis of facts. probably a right sour, miserable t0$$er that didnt get enough attention as a child, in fact it probably is a child. :slap:

your matchday threads are one of the best things if not the best thing on the forum so ignore them. :nod:

as others have mentioned fans from other clubs have enjoyed and praised your stuff and they take it in the spirit it is intended. :clap:

if any fans from other clubs wrote their own matchday threads in the same style as you and had a poke at torquay or even torbay in general and they were right (which is likely) i wouldnt bat an eyelid. we get a lot of sh1t down here anyway from many different opposition fans, but we take it. so i dont know why that lot are getting their arse in their hand. :|

as pointed out in an earlier post, most towns or areas in this country are sh1tholes and their is loads to take the p1ss out of. there are loads of dismal, miserable places that have gone to the dogs. many town centres are like jeremy kyles waiting room. :-/

the observational stuff you do that is a p1$$ take is probably right and whilst most are ok with it you are bound to get the odd precious one ot two or idiots who just dont get it. :|

having a pop and a p1$$ take at each other is all part of being football fans. :-D

dont worry about what some might think, its those of us that enjoy your stuff that count. please dont deprive us of your matchday threads again. :bow:

all i can say is to those that dont like them, whether that be torquay fans or of any of our opposition fans, if you dont like it, dont read it. :)
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

cobblers to them !Or, more accurately......coddlers!
If you wrote stuff on their forum & they objected: fair enough! But you're writing it on our forum, & we like it, so fish-heads to Fleetwood Fans ( & yes, we have those in Torbay too, wouldn't like them feeling left out !!)
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

Andy, don't worry too much about what the what the Cod Army think. If they can't see your post for what it is then fu(k em! :~D

Your a Torquay fan posting on a Torquay forum. We all like your match day threads mate, so who gives a toss what they think. I for one would be disappointed if you didn't continue because of one fans reaction from a different club.

To all you Gulls fans going tomorrow, (unfortunately I can't go due to the Herr Gruppenfuhrer making other plans :@ ), sing loud and proud and maybe, just maybe, you can sing a special song in support for Andy :bow: .
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

ferrarilover wrote:Nope, no one in, those in the building will have to do. Don't rule out a couple of outgoings to make room, however.

Super, are you going to the youth game tomorrow and do you think Deamon will be released or signed?

Matt.
No Matt I'm a bit annoyed with the youth situation at the moment, we have 6 players who are unable to play as they are waiting for international clearance from those fools at FIFA. They have been waiting since the 1st of July and it seems we still are no closer to receiving these. It's a shame because all of our international players are unable to take part until we receive this. Hence why we got smashed 5-0 from the mob up the road last week. The team is made up with boys from the college scheme, who through no fault of their own are not good enough. So until we get this clearance and become competitive again I won't be wasting my Saturday mornings.

As for deaman in my opinion I don't think so.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Thanks guys and I hear what you are all saying and i'm taking it on board. It is just that I don't wish to embarrass our club with such derogatory posts and other fans thinking all Torquay fans are like this. I'm representing TUFC by posting the threads and although this is an unofficial forum not connected to the club whatever I write on here gets out into the ether and can give other fans a negative view of our club. I certainly don't want that.

Anyway, i'll be setting off shortly and just hope that both sets of fans enjoy the game.

COYY!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Oh and as Juan Taylos (a Fleetwood forum mod who has posted on here before and seemed a nice chap) said on their forum, persistent heavy rain is expected for the north west today. So we ARE going to Lancashire then? :(
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
The Farmers Friend
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by The Farmers Friend »

Vaguely related, but anyone recall a home game against Scunthorpe that was postponed very late around 10-15 years ago?

A load of us were sitting upstairs in the old Laces bar, looking a bit lost and pondering what to do with what was left of the day when the peace was broken by an irate man in full Scunthorpe regalia stomping to the top of the stairs: "THAT PITCH WAS BLOODY PLAYABLE! YOU BUNCH OF SOUTHERN JESSIES!!"

Unfortunately, he was already halfway down the stairs and probably out of earshot when someone pointed out that it was of course the referee who called the game off, and that he was from Yorkshire.

Still, never let facts and a bit of basic knowledge of the game get in the way of a good North-South rant, eh? ;-)
CapeTownGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Colin Lee

Post by CapeTownGull »

Andy, love your posts which is why i signed up. you don't embarrass your club. They make the forum very interesting. In future maybe don't look on their forum! By the way, could only find 'go your own way' and 'Little lies' , can't see anymore Fleetwood Mac songs.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

andy, like you said yourself, its fanzine type of humour, if they dont get that, then thats their problem.

if opposition supporters dont like what we write on our forum, then they should stay off here and dont read it.

fans on other forums have written all sorts about torquay and the area, big deal, let them, its their opinion, its all banter, no problems.

andy, you dont embarrass your club or its supporters. thats like saying the supporters in the stadium embarrass their club with some of the songs they sing or when they try and wind up the opposition.

when you hear fans from somewhere like rochdale or northampton or any other league 2 side singing "i wanna go home, i wanna go home, torquays a $h1thole, i wanna go home". is that them embarrassing their club? no its all part and parcel of football. its the same thing, or if anything its more light hearted having a dig or poking fun at each other on a forum.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

will it be the away kit today, or the home shirt with blue shorts?
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

cant see anything other than a defeat up there today, high scoring, 2-1 or 3-1
still keeping the faith