Club Badge

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Club Badge

Post by Boom Boom »

Just watched the Football League Show & noticed behind Beagrie & the grey haired presenter all the club crests of the 92 Football League teams.

Looking at most of them I see that quite many have updated their badge & look pretty smart. Cheltenham, Morecambe, Notts County etc. to name a few have edited (for the better IMO) their crest. There's loads more changes too.

Seeing as Buckle recently (ish) changed the "Abanda" run out tune which was quite a big step / gamble, do you think it's time to move all the sentimental stuff to one side & look to change our emblem? Or is it easier said than done? May even has been discussed before so apologies.

I know there's other serious things to worry about but nonetheless still something that could bring some debate if we were looking to add a little more excitement to the logo.

I think Chesterfield & Morecambe have drawn up a brand new one in timing with their new stadium. Perhaps a good time would be after our new grandstand has been constructed!
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

This has been discussed in the past- I think before we came onto this new server but I think a new one would be great. Its not going to have a bearing on the club but the current one has to be the most boring in league football! I know this because it's so easy to draw! :-D

Perhaps the club should ask fans for ideas! Like they did with the club shirt. :clap:

A seagull would have to be it really. :scarf:
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

My dear Granny always says that there are no such birds as seagulls, they are merely gulls who live near the sea.
They are also quite fond of the chicken factory near my house.
Another pointless comment from me but hey ho.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i love our logo, altho the current one with shadow isnt its greatest incarnation i admit

i like the one displayed to the right of where yr reading best!
still keeping the faith
robc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by robc »

To be honest I think the new badges of teams like Cheltenham and Chesterfield are absolutely bloody crap. If it was up to me (and I'm not a pensioner by the way, I'm 24), I'd have the traditional club crest with all the frills. I've always hated, and to be honest been quite embarrassed by, the motorola style monstrosity we have now, it looks like it was designed by a 7 year old. Actually, that's maybe quite harsh... to 7 year olds. I doubt there's much chance of reverting to the old one, but I'd love it if we did.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Like RobC i'm a youngster, turning 21 over the weekend and I much prefer the old school TUFC logo, would love to go back to that, that said I appreciate our logo as it is.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

I don't have any issues with the logo as it is, we shouldn't change just for the sake of it or because other clubs are.
It would just be an extra expense at this time.
fatboywoz
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: danny stevens

Post by fatboywoz »

as a 3rd generation supporter of 24 years i would consider myself someone who could have an opinion by now,to be honest i have seen the motorola emblem the whole time i have supported tufc but i have seen the old emblems in photos and i must say the old style on a new kit would spice things up loads. :)
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i just like the simplicity of ours as displayed as my avatar, i cant say that i can really recall the old one, but i my opinion i think that most teams that have changed logos recently has been a step backwards

take qpr for instance, they had that fantastic entwined lettering toi be replaced by a bland shield with queens park rangers in a dull font on each stripe

leeds are another, they have changed loads of times, from the classic smiley face to peacock, both of which were good, to white rose with football inside and now a horrible shield design

swindon are another

i honestly think that my avatar is fantastic, instantly recognisable, and pre dates motorola too, and the star trek badge too i guess??
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

still keeping the faith
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Blimey Bixie you have been doing your research and making good use of a Saturday morning :)
A J
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by A J »

I think we should leave the badge alone, I like it. It is simple but stands out.

The new Morecombe and Cheltenham crests are a joke! Imagine a cartoon Gull on a big shield - no thanks :no:

I see Plymouth have released their new badge for next season.............

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

A J wrote:I think we should leave the badge alone, I like it. It is simple but stands out.

The new Morecombe and Cheltenham crests are a joke! Imagine a cartoon Gull on a big shield - no thanks :no:

I see Plymouth have released their new badge for next season.............

Aye, in the words of Master and Commander Cap'n Pugwash : " They're 'avin a titanic disaster of a season me o' flower".
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

O er That will upset Mr Gordon Sparkes !!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: