Ellis to have a scan?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Ellis to have a scan?

Post by Yellow4life »

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/torqu ... ticle.html

Worrrying times at the moment as he has been a big plus for us. Senda won't be ready for at least another few reserve games so it's highly likely Charnock will start on Saturday if Ellis is ruled out.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

You are right when you say Mark Ellis has been big plus,however i would not describe this as worring times.

Injuries were allways going to play a part in our season,it is a squad game,Charnock came in for three games at the end of last season during our clean sheet run and played very well,the only issue is one of him or Branno will have to go on the wrong side of central defence,however that should not be a massive problem.

For me this highlights two big pluses,the reserve team which has meant that should Charnock be called opon,he has had three full games this season and wont be coming into the first cold so to speak.

And the other big plus,is having Damien Davey back at the club if any one can get Ellis fit in a short space of time this man can.
Formerly known as forevertufc
cosmic74
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by cosmic74 »

There is no doubting the fact that Ellis is a big player for us, but Charnock is of a simular mould and a decent player in his own right. Therefore no-one should be worried about him stepping in for Ellis, no matter how long it is for.
I live for matchdays!!!!
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

I know charnock can do a great job if he needs to but it's still a significant loss if Ellis misses out as he has simply been one of our top 5 players since he's come back into the team last season. Your right in saying charnock will be up for it as he has played in the reserves. Be interesting if he plays tomorrow?
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Why won't Senda be ready? Not meant in an arsey way, just understood that the whole squad was fit, obviously other than Mark now, and he's played a couple of reserve games I think. So there's always the option of switching Robbo back and having Senda at RB. Although having said that, I'm more than happy to see KC back in the team.

Isn't it lovely to have these options, unlike other seasons..?
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Of course there is also the option of Robbo being centre back with Manse going right back and Lathrope/O Kane coming into the centre - although Charnock slotting into the centre back position is the most likely

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Not surprised hes having a scan. I heard the tackle from the back of the away end at Stevenage. I instantly thought he'd broken something, as Ellis isn't usually one to roll around on the floor, but he could still walk, so I'll be very surprised if it's a big break. I think it'll be a couple of weeks that he's out, as Buckle never rushes players back.

Charnock to come in as a straight swap would suit me.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I also heard/saw the tackle on Saturday. The ref being a right prat for not stopping the game! And can't believe he went back on the pitch. (Sorry for repeating posts) Charnock looked solid last year and looked solid against Stevenage, so no worries there.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

It had all the looks of a metatarsal injury, although he surely would not have played on with a broken bone.

I was very surprised that he was not subbed straight away.

Charnock is a good replacement, but Ellis will be sorely missed. The Branston/Ellis partnership is the rock on which the team is built these days.

Edit

And yes westy I agree with your post about it's nice to have options.
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

Yellow4life wrote:Early indications show no breaks-

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/torqu ... ticle.html
But the scan did show he was having twins :lol:
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Any news on him?

We missed him today. I hope he's ready for tuesday although I doubt it.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Yes, we missed him badly yesterday. Robertson had a poor game which affected Branston and Senda too. Robbo was standing off his man all game and won few challenges. Ellis always attacks the ball and tries to dominate his marker in a way that Robbo doesn't
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

Anybody know whether he will be fit for aldershot?
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

YellowMurphy wrote:Anybody know whether he will be fit for aldershot?
Even if he was I doubt Buckle would play him......
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.