Ajala

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Ajala

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

According to todays Herald we are battling for compensation with Dover for Ajala.An FA tribunal is prepared to hear case but we are believed to be seeking a five-figure fee.Seems we met with them last night to try and settle "out of court".Fee of around £20,000 mentioned in the article.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

It's not like they can't afford it, flying to all their away ganes...
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Yellows
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellows »

Behind-the-Gulls wrote:According to todays Herald we are battling for compensation with Dover for Ajala.An FA tribunal is prepared to hear case but we are believed to be seeking a five-figure fee.Seems we met with them last night to try and settle "out of court".Fee of around £20,000 mentioned in the article.
Don't hold your breath I believe Ajala Contract period was July 2014 until May 2015 with a Salary around 450 per week, I cannot see why Dover would have to pay 20k ?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Yells wrote: Don't hold your breath I believe Ajala Contract period was July 2014 until May 2015 with a Salary around 450 per week, I cannot see why Dover would have to pay 20k ?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I know you like your emojis but what about this is so hilarious?
Yellows
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellows »

Orange Gull wrote: I know you like your emojis but what about this is so hilarious?
We appear to be on Planet Mars or something similar being diverted into a misguided hope of getting some sort of pay off for Ajala instead of concentrating on bringing in quality players. It not going happen. The Board must invest their own cash now and not January it will be to late. If they don't it want be hilarious but a Bloody disaster
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Dover are using an absolutely abhorrent and morally repugnant loophole to avoid paying us a fee.

I don't know for sure, but I suspect that the fee they paid their legal team to come up with the scheme was actually more than they would have paid us. It's bugger all to do with the pounds and pence and everything to do with ego, one-upmanship and little-club syndrome.

Make absolutely no mistake about it, Dover are every bit as horrible and nasty and have an equally large beshouldered chip as the last pub side to come into money, Crawley **** Town.

Of course, it's only our guy who ends up dead. Only our Scout leader, only our bloke who buys woodland to save it from developers and takes school children on a once-in-a-lifetime trip. It's never these scumbags, intent on doing nothing but harm to the National Game by turning even the virtually amateur game into a financial arms race. I know Crawley's bloke met the same fate, but by then it was all far too late. You and I were, of course, not the biggest losers in the death of dearly departed Paul, but if anything ever summed up the luck we get down here...

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
DaveysBarTab
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: none right now

Post by DaveysBarTab »

Pretty sure ajala didnt applaud the fans last night. Unlike duane achampeong who did show respect. Fair play duane
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Ajala did applaud the fans just prior to the start, whenhis name was chanted. As you say, Duane came over to the Popular Side after the match.
TUST number 080
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

DaveysBarTab wrote:Pretty sure ajala didnt applaud the fans last night. Unlike duane achampeong who did show respect. Fair play duane

I'm not sure if we were too welcoming when the chant "oh, **** off Ajala" was ringing out ;-)
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:

I'm not sure if we were too welcoming when the chant "oh, f*** off Ajala" was ringing out ;-)
that was once the match started.
TUST number 080
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Whatever the arguments 'for' and 'against' in this disagreement between us and Dover, I cannot see how we can realistically claim for £20,000 compensation. A fairer figure would be £5000, or maybe even £10,000, but how the club can justify asking Dover for £20,000 is beyond my understanding.
johnsonfairlight69
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Spiess

Post by johnsonfairlight69 »

Hi Dover fan in peace. Ajala is not under contract and you wouldn't be entitled to a penny. We had the same thing with Connor Essam this summer and only got 5k from Leyton Orient so even is he was under contract 20k is pie in the sky. Seems either your club or paper is getting dud info from Somewhere. On a side note. You were the best side we have played this season going forward but at the back and in goal the worst Mcdonald aside. Hope you stay up as love Torquay. Also you're skint so why are you giving 200 quid away for hitting the bar at half time and why so many ground staff ?

All the best

Added in 2 minutes 8 seconds:
Groundsman staff that should read too.

Added in 4 minutes 27 seconds:
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

£20000 for Ajala? A joke surely? If true then in the January transfer window Hurst is worth at least £50000 because every team is looking for a natural goalscorer.
Play Hurst as an out and out striker I say.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

If we get anything near five figures for Ajala I would be amazed, let alone £20k.

On another note, my opinion of Ajala really soured last night with his remonstrations to the ref regarding Butler's challenge to try and get him sent off. Would be disappointed in any player doing this, let alone against their former club.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

johnsonfairlight69 wrote:Hi Dover fan in peace. Ajala is not under contract and you wouldn't be entitled to a penny. We had the same thing with Connor Essam this summer and only got 5k from Leyton Orient so even is he was under contract 20k is pie in the sky. Seems either your club or paper is getting dud info from Somewhere. On a side note. You were the best side we have played this season going forward but at the back and in goal the worst Mcdonald aside. Hope you stay up as love Torquay. Also you're skint so why are you giving 200 quid away for hitting the bar at half time and why so many ground staff ?

All the best

Added in 2 minutes 8 seconds:

Added in 4 minutes 27 seconds:
Re; groundstaff, our club only has one full time groundsman, the rest you saw on the pitch at half time are all volunteers, on the subject on half time beer, that's a good point, unfortunately our club is still bound by football league regulations, until the end of this season I believe, all our games have to be segregated , so there is no access to the bar from the away end, wonder if there is an a area our club could make available in the away end to serve beer to away fans.

We've been appalling on the pitch most of the season, Tuesday, personally thought was our best all round performance of the season, if our team can maintain that level, think we'll get out of trouble.
Formerly known as forevertufc