Joe Quigley and Josh Carmichael on loan from Bournemouth

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Joe Quigley and Josh Carmichael on loan from Bournemouth

Post by yellowforever »

"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Quigley is a great loan signing, but I'm increasingly worried about the age of our team, very young except for Fairhurst and Geohaghon
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

RussianGull wrote:Quigley is a great loan signing, but I'm increasingly worried about the age of our team, very young except for Fairhurst and Geohaghon

I think it was always going to have to be though - difficult to get more experienced players, perhaps with families, to uproot for the sort of money we are likely to be offering.
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

Fairhurst, Fisher, Marsh, Yeoman, Prynn, and now Quigley.

We seem to have a lot of strikers on our books, four of which (five if you include Yeoman) were signed over the summer. I'll be curious to see who misses out and whether whoever gets the nod gets a decent run of games.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

bobby93 wrote:Fairhurst, Fisher, Marsh, Yeoman, Prynn, and now Quigley.

We seem to have a lot of strikers on our books, four of which (five if you include Yeoman) were signed over the summer. I'll be curious to see who misses out and whether whoever gets the nod gets a decent run of games.
Some fringe players will find themselves out on loan in order to reduce the wage bill, me thinks.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Quote from Herald report "Carmichael, another product of Bournemouth's Academy, was a target for former Torquay boss Chris Hargreaves last season, and he has made four senior appearances for Eddie Howe."

He was sent on loan to Welling and Havant, To me that suggests two things:

a) Eddie Howe thinks Cox is a better manager than Hargreaves and being with him would be more beneficial than under Hargreaves,

b) The lad wasn't quite ready for a loan to perform as high up the league as we were at that time!

I have my own ideas on the subject :whistle:
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Surely this means that the likes of Maduako, Richards, Topliss and Lavelle-Moore have all left the building?
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

richards is still with us, dont know about the others, as for the starting line up quigley will start up front with fairhurst i reckon, with fisher and marsh on the bench, i dont see ashley here after christmas and prynn will be there as back up.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

ROADRUNNER wrote:richards is still with us, dont know about the others, as for the starting line up quigley will start up front with fairhurst i reckon, with fisher and marsh on the bench, i dont see ashley here after christmas and prynn will be there as back up.
You told us weeks ago about Joe Quigley - good call. But you didn't tell us about Josh Carmichael. You're slipping !!!!! :whistle:
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

ha, losing my touch!
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

ROADRUNNER wrote:richards is still with us, dont know about the others, as for the starting line up quigley will start up front with fairhurst i reckon, with fisher and marsh on the bench, i dont see ashley here after christmas and prynn will be there as back up.
Yeoman has to be given a run of games, otherwise that 6 month deal is a waste of everyone's time and money. I'd have thought Cox wouldn't have bothered if he did n't think Ash was good enough, given his financial constraints...
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

bobby93 wrote: Yeoman has to be given a run of games, otherwise that 6 month deal is a waste of everyone's time and money. I'd have thought Cox wouldn't have bothered if he did n't think Ash was good enough, given his financial constraints...
It did seem odd giving him the contract so early in the summer, I can't imagine there were others clubs clamouring for his signature...?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Bloggy wrote:Surely this means that the likes of Maduako, Richards, Topliss and Lavelle-Moore have all left the building?

Richards and Moore have signed on non contract deals today it's on the OS now.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Can anyone tell me what non contract means precisely?

Presumably they will still get paid? But they just have no job security?

Or will they not be paid at all?
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I presume it means, no play no pay, and not tied to the club (they can leave when they want if they get a deal elsewhere)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com