Pre-Season Friendly

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Pre-Season Friendly

Post by arcadia »

Surely the Club should be getting Bournemouth as a pre-season friendly, Bristol City and Rovers if they go up the club should be trying now not leaving it till a month before the season starts. :keepie: http://forum.torquayfans.com/posting.php?mode=post&f=3#
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

How do you know they aren't already in discussions about friendlies?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Surely the club should wait until all of the other clubs have finished their seasons before entering into discussions....Some still have four games left minimum

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Strange thread to be honest. Agree with both above posts, football league clubs are finishing this weekend, premier league still has a couple of weeks to go, it isn't as easy as ringing up another club and saying, fancy a friendly ? yes we can do that, especially with the bigger clubs who have tours and different squads, so it's about seeing what friendlies can fitted in and where, also remember some of the bigger club charge a fee to play friendly games.

As said above, I should imagine a number of clubs have already approached each other regards pre-season friendlies including our own, however at this stage with the season barely closed, football clubs have a lot of business to attend to, pre-season friendlies are still a way down the priority list right now.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Looking forward to seeing Truro City, Bideford, Tiverton, Argyle, Yeovil, and the Greeks.. :)
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

arcadia wrote:Surely the Club should be getting Bournemouth as a pre-season friendly, Bristol City and Rovers if they go up the club should be trying now not leaving it till a month before the season starts. :keepie: http://forum.torquayfans.com/posting.php?mode=post&f=3#
Far more likely to be Dawlish Town, Dartington, Truro City, Army/Navy, Buckland - etc.

Don't want to deter fans by receiving a thrashing before the season has even started!!
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

What about TQY ladies ?

Slightly concerned though that a heavy defeat just might knock our confidence before the season even starts
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Surely the club should wait until all of the other clubs have finished their seasons before entering into discussions....Some still have four games left minimum
When friendlies are arranged you need to get in first I can assure you. :keepie:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Thanks for that. I'm fully aware of how the arranging of friendlies happens.

If you're so amazing when it comes to the inner workings of clubs, you'd realise that trying to arrange friendlies when most clubs only finished yesterday is a fairly futile exercise. All the other clubs are still focussed on this season.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

I would imagine the club hasn't even thought about friendlies yet, more important matters at the moment. No doubt we will play dartington at some point, probably when we have 11 players to select
Lucy
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Dave_Pougher wrote:What about TQY ladies ?

Slightly concerned though that a heavy defeat just might knock our confidence before the season even starts
in that case we probably shouldn't play Torquay Ladies :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Must avoid Truro City now they are Conference South. Their promotion today sets up our exit from the FA Trophy next year in a Westcountry derby. ;-)
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Thanks for that. I'm fully aware of how the arranging of friendlies happens.

If you're so amazing when it comes to the inner workings of clubs, you'd realise that trying to arrange friendlies when most clubs only finished yesterday is a fairly futile exercise. All the other clubs are still focussed on this season.
Look at the friendlies we had last year. All I'm saying Hargreaves should be sounding out clubs he's got contacts with and try and give the club a good start financially and a couple of games that he's got more than a chance of winning. I don't know what the fuss is about. Torquay United have a lot on their plate at the moment and the important thing is the football team so the club should get good games arranged by sounding contacts out. I know one league club has sorted a friendly out with no date already.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

lucy6lucy wrote:I would imagine the club hasn't even thought about friendlies yet, more important matters at the moment. No doubt we will play dartington at some point, probably when we have 11 players to select
Lucy that's why I brought it up so that it's not forgotten as it's important. The comments about the club are not very good at the moment and when a club can't advertise games properly you begin to wonder about everything else. I want the club to be professional as at the moment it's not. :keepie:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Arcadia for Chairman, Commercial Manager, Team Manager................

If only we could count on someone with his expertise

:keepie: :keepie: :keepie:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com