Any truth in the rumour?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Any truth in the rumour?

Post by friendlygas »

Just wondered if any of you there know if there is any truth in the rumour that Luke Young is the central midfielder we are after? Mentioned yesterday at our match and not sure if there is any truth in it. Personally I wouldn't have thought that we would be willing to pay the sort of cash that you were looking for and of course it is not clear if this is the player we made a bid for and was turned down this week or one of the players we have now turned to following being turned down and hoping to sign Monday.
As I say its only a rumour and maybe complete b------ks but wondered if you had heard anything down there. Was he injured yesterday.
Regards.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Supergulls are you reading this ? he's likely to know. A few will probably come along and tell you it's ballhocks and it might be, personally wouldn't rule anything in or out as far as TUFC is concerned right now.
Formerly known as forevertufc
berkshire yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ashley Yeoman

Post by berkshire yellow »

He was suspended yesterday, haven't heard anything about him to you though.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Can't see it happening, Rovers are a big club and will be back in the league before we are but I don't think you'd pay the money we'd be after for. He does have another 18 months to go on his contract so I think we could probably wait for a bigger cheque.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Here we go again the number 1 wind up merchant is back - he's obviously smarting from his teams inability to beat the might Dartford yesterday.
Are you going to pay 200k? - no chance.

Is Young likely to go to another tin pot Conference Club? - Unlikely

Would he displace your two world class central midfielders? - Ahem

Are you talking bollocks? - Yes
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Not heard anything. Doubt it. It was certainly rumoured earlier in the season that Bristol City were interested. Don't know if there was anything in that either.

What's happened to Matt Gill since his contract was cancelled at Tranmere in November?
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

All I was asking was whether you had heard anything Brucie. Not stirring or anything like that. Just thought that you may know something at your end aif it was the player we made a bid for but it was rejected of b if it is the player we have now turned to. Personally I think its rubbish as I agree with you on this one ..why would he come to another Conference club or even more so would we offer money.Definitely wouldnt offer anything like 200,000 but that figure is very unlikely to be right anyway as very few players go from even a top Conference club for that sort of money or even League 2 clubs. The days of big transfer fees from bottom clubs are pretty well behind us and i include both our clubs in that.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Young is only six months into a two year contract so probably unlikely he is going anywhere unless the money is right.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

I think you are right Brucie. If the money isn't right then there is no point transferring your best player and he should want to stay anyway because you gave him the chance to get his game together again and players should repay the faith you put in him. Unfortunately it doesn't happen that way with many players . There is now something on our site that the player we are after is from Southend United, Conor somebody-never heard of him but I doubt we will get him as we want a loan but they want to sell him. You mentioned Dartford yesterday,what was your pitch like at Wrexham because I saw that there was an inspection? There was no inspection at Dartford which was amazing because i havent seen a pitch like it since the days I was playing amatuer football around Bristol. In the conditions it was a really good game ,just the wrong result!
Regards
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

It's the first I have heard about this, I can't see it to be honest. As said above Bristol City were watching his early season performances but I think that interest has cooled a little.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

According to Talksport it was Connor Clifford rovers were after
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Looks like the rumour was a player from you but unfortunately the wrong one!! We have signed Josh wakefield on loan from Bournemouth and understand he has played 10 games for you. Is he any good?
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Not really.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Which one was Wakefield?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
torkie_buoy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courtney Cameron

Post by torkie_buoy »

ferrarilover wrote:Which one was Wakefield?

Matt.
Think that pretty much says it all! Standard player with not much in the way of creativity. Not a lot more to say really.