Support

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Haveyorsay74
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Downsey

Support

Post by Haveyorsay74 »

:na:
Last edited by Haveyorsay74 on 23 Nov 2014, 09:48, edited 1 time in total.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

well I think I agree on all that. But not all of us are slagging players off. and I for one do my best to uplift at every juncture. Better support the guys cos they are what we have and can afford at the moment
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Haveyorsay74 wrote:All of you people are "Fans" but 99% off you ain't got a clue what you are talking about have the time and probably work the Tesco checkout!
Welcome to the forum, it's nice to have a literary genius among us and also someone who "knows" the career path of 99% of us.

Haveyorsay74 wrote:
It's embarrassing! Keyboard warriors sat behind a screen abusing people.............

Quite !!!

Haveyorsay74 wrote: You think when the players read these comments it makes them want to do better!? No it makes them hate the game, maybe if you lot turned your negativity into a positive feed we may win.. =Z
Players, like yourself, should stick to trying to improve their game and not venture into fans forums to embarrass themselves with ill-thought out rants at the people who pay their wages. Just a thought........................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

OMG !!!!!!! Players on fans' forums ???? :slap: :O :-/ :-o :red:
It won't do. Ferrarilover will be embarrassed. Now we can all have fun working out who it is ! Seriously though, as less than 99 % have been trying to point out during all the recent Ricey-bashing, it actually doesn't help the players' performances to have abuse hurled at them during a game. Southampton Gull is also correct that players need fans,opinionated or otherwise, to pay the wages !!! :keepie: :scarf:
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Interesting, read the OP before any replies as you do, my first impression was; which current TUFC player is Haveyorsay ;-)

All I'll say is football is a game of opinions, every one has them. You see ex and current players and managers employed as pundits on TV giving their opinions on what the teams and individual players did well, and of course not so well, sports writers in the newspapers doing it, and before one of the best inventions the world has ever known, you had letters pages on ceefax, so the world and his wife have been giving their opinions on football since the dawns of time, its nothing new, at the end of day, and I'll say this to any footballer playing at any level, the only opinion that counts is that of the manager, if the boss takes you the player to one side and says well done you've not let me down, then screw what everyone else says.

I agree with the sentiment in the o/p to a point, I've always said this, the primary job of a fan is to support the team, but to me that only applies from minute 1 to 90, positivity shouldn't be blind, there is room for honesty in football as well, from all sides. If I think a particular player hasn't had a good game I will come out on the forum and say it, I challenged the recent Martin Rice bashing because it was going way, way to far and over the top, he , I felt was seemingly being blamed for all our recent ills, and that was unfair. But it is also unfair to point the finger at 99% of this forum, most will and do give credit where's it's due, it's also dangerous to assume what the career paths that 99% of this forum have taken.

After all, I can tell you I know a small number of members of this forum are current or former semi-professional footballers and at the top end of the semi-pro game as well, I know at least one member of this forum who has coaching qualification equal to what Chris Hargreaves holds. That said it doesn't matter what anyone does for a living in reality, didn't a bin man once win mastermind.

One last point, I was fully aware that players read this forum, in the past we've had current players and wives of players try and get away with posting on this forum in the past, what I'll say to you assuming you are a current player, if you, and any other player reading this forum can not shut out mentally what's written on here, or if you do not have the ability to take opinions of supporters at face value, then you know where the off button is.
Formerly known as forevertufc
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by taxilady »

forevertufc wrote:Interesting, read the OP before any replies as you do, my first impression was; which current TUFC player is Haveyorsay ;-)

All I'll say is football is a game of opinions, every one has them. You see ex and current players and managers employed as pundits on TV giving their opinions on what the teams and individual players did well, and of course not so well, sports writers in the newspapers doing it, and before one of the best inventions the world has ever known, you had letters pages on ceefax, so the world and his wife have been giving their opinions on football since the dawns of time, its nothing new, at the end of day, and I'll say this to any footballer playing at any level, the only opinion that counts is that of the manager, if the boss takes you the player to one side and says well done you've not let me down, then screw what everyone else says.

I agree with the sentiment in the o/p to a point, I've always said this, the primary job of a fan is to support the team, but to me that only applies from minute 1 to 90, positivity shouldn't be blind, there is room for honesty in football as well, from all sides. If I think a particular player hasn't had a good game I will come out on the forum and say it, I challenged the recent Martin Rice bashing because it was going way, way to far and over the top, he , I felt was seemingly being blamed for all our recent ills, and that was unfair. But it is also unfair to point the finger at 99% of this forum, most will and do give credit where's it's due, it's also dangerous to assume what the career paths that 99% of this forum have taken.

After all, I can tell you I know a small number of members of this forum are current or former semi-professional footballers and at the top end of the semi-pro game as well, I know at least one member of this forum who has coaching qualification equal to what Chris Hargreaves holds. That said it doesn't matter what anyone does for a living in reality, didn't a bin man once win mastermind.

One last point, I was fully aware that players read this forum, in the past we've had current players and wives of players try and get away with posting on this forum in the past, what I'll say to you assuming you are a current player, if you, and any other player reading this forum can not shut out mentally what's written on here, or if you do not have the ability to take opinions of supporters at face value, then you know where the off button is.
:goodpost: (dunno about the bin man, as I don't watch T.V. However I remember a taxi driver winning Mastermind ;-) )
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yes, your right it was a taxi driver, I plucked it from memory and knew it was something along those lines ( no disrespect intended )mastermind was also once won by a retired railway worker as well. But it just goes to show that someone should never be misjudged because of what they do for a living.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Fred Housego - and thats from memory as well!
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by taxilady »

No disrespect taken ! I haven't always been a taxi driver ! And it wouldn't matter if I had ! And the people being alluded to at Tesco may have had other jobs as well; in the dim & distant I think I worked at the International in Brixham; can't judge a book by its cover, or a person by the employment they currently endure or otherwise, or the employment they currently seek : unless they're a footballer, then Judgement Day reigneth !!!
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I posted this on another thread, but it seems appropriate to also put it here:

If Luke Young (or any of our best players) moves, it's an indication that the club desperately needs the money. You have only to look at the small attendances at Plainmoor to realise that the club's finances must be (or very soon will be) in very dire straits.

It's not a lack of ambition by the club that's the problem, it's lack of ambition by the supporters, and there's only one real answer: double the Plainmoor crowds from 2000 to 4000. Then we'll be able to keep our best players and give ourselves a chance to make progress up through the leagues.

Unfortunately, the support of many so-called fans seems to amount to nothing more than whingeing, moaning and criticising. It's these 'supporters', not the club, who are the real problem and they must be the real solution. If everyone took a friend or neighbour, and their kids, along to matches, or helped with fund-raising or made regular small donations, and, above all, actually supported their team, things would surely improve.

It's not the team's job to lift the crowd; it's the supporters' job to lift the players..
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

The other view you could take is that football is entertainment for which we the fans pay.
Entertainment should therefore be the players lifting the crowd and not vice versa.
As for reserveplayer, who are you?, man up and tell us.
At least when Mansell was slagging us off on Twitter we knew who it was!!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Haveyorsay74 wrote::na:
Well here you have it. What's your reasons for doing this ? do tell.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Gullscorer wrote:I posted this on another thread, but it seems appropriate to also put it here:

If Luke Young (or any of our best players) moves, it's an indication that the club desperately needs the money. You have only to look at the small attendances at Plainmoor to realise that the club's finances must be (or very soon will be) in very dire straits.

It's not a lack of ambition by the club that's the problem, it's lack of ambition by the supporters, and there's only one real answer: double the Plainmoor crowds from 2000 to 4000. Then we'll be able to keep our best players and give ourselves a chance to make progress up through the leagues.

Unfortunately, the support of many so-called fans seems to amount to nothing more than whingeing, moaning and criticising. It's these 'supporters', not the club, who are the real problem and they must be the real solution. If everyone took a friend or neighbour, and their kids, along to matches, or helped with fund-raising or made regular small donations, and, above all, actually supported their team, things would surely improve.

It's not the team's job to lift the crowd; it's the supporters' job to lift the players..

and it's the clubs job to lift the supporters.

When it was desperately needed over the summer they failed big time. They let fans down. Nothing to do with finances but simply the feeble manner in which they plodded through the most traumatic few months for a good few years.

Some fans will stay away because the footy is rubbish and by and large they're fickle but some will stay away because they feel disillusioned and hung out to dry.

It's all well and good the fans trying to drum up support for the club but that shouldn't be their job either.

The support the team got from the fans last season, certainly at away games as I went to most, was phenomenal. A real twelfth man at times. The fans were the only ones involved at TUFC who did their jobs properly last season. The players bombed, the board members passed every buck to poor Thea at every opportunity, the stewards annoyed and the club reclaimed the mantle of 'tinpot' status. You can hardly blame the fans for non attendance this season because of all that chaos and rampant unprofessionalism.

Just thought I'd respond on this one Mick because it hit a nerve. In the main what you have said is valid but just a few things I'd take issue with from a personal perspective.

Hope you are ok mate anyway. :-D

In addition, I obviously read the forum still and the amount of poison, bickering and nastiness that still prevails on here is staggering and I don't even post anymore!! :devil: It's quite tragic really. Many of the posts even transcend the arguments between myself and Nick and that's going some! :O . I hope you are ok Nick, I mean that sincerely my good man. I note that Royalgull wanted to slope off and I agreed with a lot of what he had to say and I also notice that Richinns also decided to call it a day ( he got a tenner out of me you know!! :@ :lol: ). Rich hope you are ok too.

The comments aimed at Breedy for the commentary thingy were typical. Always happy to have a pop but not prepared to have a go at commentating themselves. I'm sure Breedy is like most other Torquay fans in not giving two shits what I think anymore given my 'defection' but regardless. I'd just say **** 'em Steve and if you enjoy it then carry it through bro.

Oh and Super is right.......Mock the Week is the most annoying pile of shit around other than my good self. Filled with obnoxious, self important morons who think they are funny........again, like my good errr.............

I did apply to go on I'm a Celebrity this year. I had a word with the producers and apparently being a regular poster on a football forum with almost a thousand posts to my name qualifies me under new rules to be officially a celebrity!! I know! It's **** madness ain't it?! At first I didn't think it would enough, so i told them that I had once been served scampi and chips at a beefeater restaurant in Corby by Andi Peters when he worked there as a waiter before his kiddie tv fame so surely that qualified me as a celeb? Obviously. Why wouldn't it?

It was only when they told me that during the show (if I was selected) then I may have to be confined with a load of snakes. I said no probs as a few years back I'd visited the House of Commons on a school field trip.

They told me I'd have to eat offal, testicles and mouldy insects too. No probs I said. I had half time refreshments at Fleetwood last season so knew what to expect.

They also told me I'd be plunged into some dark, grubby and rat infested places in some of the trials. Again, I went to Accrington last season. Bring it on man!!

They also told me that I'd possibly be chucked in there to create some 'romantic interest' from the other female campmates. Jesus! Who are these women?!! They must either be partially sighted (I do have SOME attractive attributes at least!) or they must have passed away. Or they could even have been a WAG! News for them before they start getting frisky.............I'm feckin skint ladies. Two years of trawling the UK watching Billy **** Bodin trying to play football.

In the end they refused my application because apparently there were key criteria that needed to be met............."are you effervescent, a team player and have a desire to meet new people?" they asked.

I'm a miserable Yorkshireman who CHOSE a career working with animals........WHAT DO YOU THINK?!!! :clap:

Torquay.........................be UNITED!!!!!! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: You'll get there in the end. :bow:

COYY!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:I did apply to go on I'm a Celebrity this year. I had a word with the producers and apparently being a regular poster on a football forum with almost a thousand posts to my name qualifies me under new rules to be officially a celebrity!!
Almost TEN Thousand Andy, I think you'll find.

Most (all) of them were bollocks, I'll give you that, and almost all of them probably mentioned Billy (or Nick), but almost ten thousand posts it is.

:)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Good to read a post from you again Andy. I see you are still writing in your clear yet outwardly discombobulated, and concise yet insidiously prolix way.. :)