Yeovil

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Yeovil

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Will be a good test tonight and we should get a good indication of whether the triallists are up to it,or not.
Would imagine Greavsie will start with his anticipated 1st 11-though he may be looking to add a couple who could go straight in and replace the likes of Tonge.Not unhappy that Downes still here-quite possible he will stay,ditto Chappers.No indication that anybody interested in the others.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Bowman fit to play tonight and Cruise will get a run-out.MacDonald,Richards,Ajala,O'Achie,Richardson will all get game time.Poku still injured.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Just to confirm that Ajala was the mythical "number 20" from the Dorchester match. It'll be good to see how he does tonight against proper opposition.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I am glad that 'number 20' has shown potential but for me the key position for us is the midfielder who will play with Young. I am hoping that one of the guys here can step up to the category needed (seeing as Cregg has left the building) in able for a partnership of 'playmaker and ball winner' can be found. We have the playmaker - hoping Richards et al can be the ball winner.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Richinns wrote:I am glad that 'number 20' has shown potential but for me the key position for us is the midfielder who will play with Young. I am hoping that one of the guys here can step up to the category needed (seeing as Cregg has left the building) in able for a partnership of 'playmaker and ball winner' can be found. We have the playmaker - hoping Richards et al can be the ball winner.
Think Poku was the most suited to that role of all the trialists - interesting to see if CH keeps waiting on him to recover from his knee injury. The longer he waits the more keen he may be to sign him.

Looking forward to seeing how Bowman, Briscoe and Young do against decent players. Also to see if Ajala can step up - think four decent wingers would be a great position for the squad to be in.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Do we have any idea on the Yeovil team? I can't help but think this is going to be a massive step up in class. No disrespect to T&D or Dorchester but they weren't playing in the Championship last season. If the trialists can perform and our own players make a step up in fitness and we lose by the odd goal, or even get a draw I will be happy.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

We beat them this time last year - look what happened!

You can tell nothing by pre-season games - I just hope we find some players to fill key roles currently missing in the current squad signed up for next season
TUST member 328
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

We beat Championship Yeovil last year, should we be happy with defeat to League One Yeovil just 12 months later?

In truth, I couldn't care less about the result (although if we get humped into double figures, I might be a little concerned), just so long as we perform well and, in terms of progress through the pre-season schedule, we start converting more of the chances that we create.

Matt.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

The left back position and midfield are the problem areas, I hope the keeper is up to scratch as well.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

We've got a loanee LB lined up, it's inconceivable that any other situation exists.

Seabright has thus far made a couple of wonderful saves in isolated instances, but neither has been tested more than fleetingly. Tonight will tell us more, we presume.

Matt.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

ferrarilover wrote:We've got a loanee LB lined up, it's inconceivable that any other situation exists.

Seabright has thus far made a couple of wonderful saves in isolated instances, but neither has been tested more than fleetingly. Tonight will tell us more, we presume.

Matt.
Cargill I would hope. Just your take on things Matt or little bit of inside knowledge on the situation?
TUST member 328
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Just my take... For now. I concur also that Arthur would be the number one candidate.

Matt.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

ferrarilover wrote:We've got a loanee LB lined up, it's inconceivable that any other situation exists.

Matt.
That was a nice reply for you Matt :keepie:
You can look out for me tonight I'll be wearing a yellow shirt.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

The reply wasn't for me, it was for literally everyone in the world except for me. I already know what I think.

Matt.