Contract renewals and extensions

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
harrytorquay101
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Billy Bodin

Contract renewals and extensions

Post by harrytorquay101 »

I was just wondering if we were to go down, who on our squad would stay with us and sign a new contract. Some of our players signed on to 2/3 year contracts last year, meaning the likes of Pearce(whom I think can play a lot higher) and unfotunatly Hawley, will have to stay with us unless they are sold or bought right? Some goes with Chappell and Downes. Bar Hawley, these playes would be great in the conference or we would get a good fee for them. Who else would stay on and who do you want to stay?
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

release clauses hopefully! well in hawleys case anyway!
The gulls are going up
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

Out will go, nico, manse, danny, poke, cruise, downes, , cooper, labadie.bodin , lathrope, harding, only what I think, has to be a complete new start.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

May as well start again, with Rice, Benyon, Chappell, Cameron, Pearce and Cooper staying.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Hot debate is on whether manse will get a new contract

Really hope he goes, along with those mentioned I'd offload Benyon too
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I've said before - I'd be happy if Rice and Pearce stay, a couple of others (Chappell, Lathrope) I'm indifferent on, the rest can go
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Only Rice, Lathrope, Pearce, and Downes for me, the rest are crap or too expensive.
TUST MEMBER
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

ROADRUNNER wrote:Out will go, nico, manse, danny, poke, cruise, downes, , cooper, labadie.bodin , lathrope, harding, only what I think, has to be a complete new start.
Lathrope probably the only one I would want to keep out of that lot, maybe Harding depending on wages.
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

Rice, Pearce, Chapell, lathrope, cameron stay
Hope we can get goodwin, maybe shaquile and definitely want o'connor again
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

why would Pearce and Chappell want to stay? easily league two players!
The gulls are going up
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

gullno4 wrote:why would Pearce and Chappell want to stay? easily league two players!
depends whats in their contracts i think pearce is league 1 quality
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Pearce will go but would stay if we stayed in the league, reading the above is why a club needs a manager so let Chris get on with it.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I'd be honoured to have Ricey as our No.1 next season and Pearce if he can somehow be persuaded to stay would be an immense coup for us. That's it.

Chappell is not a league 2 player. He is a slightly better version of Billy Bodin. All fancy tricks and no end product. He has had plenty of opportunity to prove otherwise but not done so. IMO it is because he isn't up to the standard required and we should stop making excuses for these players and claiming that we've seen glimpse or flashes of what they can do. Well why don't they just **** well do it more often than once every 3 months then?!!! Because they aren't good enough is a viable answer.

Get rid of everyone else. If Hawley stays then he must NOT pull on a TUFC shirt ever again. Just pay him to do what he has been doing all season which is piss all but this time he can go and play golf or summat on a Saturday. I don't want him within 50 miles of Plainmoor when a game is on.

If Bodin is given a new contract then that's me done no word of a lie until he leaves the club. There are people out there with REAL talent getting up at the crack of dawn making hand woven hand baskets out of splints of wood in the shape of giraffes, people using their creativity and talent and actually applying it such as painting oils on canvas of the sunset over Berry Head or transforming beachcombing finds into elaborate jewellery and articles to sell on. All in the face of a crippling economic climate but they have belief in their ability, a passion for what they are doing and they are willing to do what it takes to earn a living and be proud of what gift they possess.

These people are trying to showcase what they have and make an honest crust. They don't claim to be one thing then churn out endless bollocks and excuses. There are none. Excuses mean failure and no money coming in for these people. Bodin is a charlatan and hides behind 10 others in order to get paid. A total joke. He should be thoroughly ashamed of himself and be made to undertake workshops with all the individual talented folk out there who have an ACTUAL gift and a desire to make others happy. Then he might see that he is in the wrong profession once and for all. If we re-sign Bodin then I will not go to ANY Torquay game until he is gone. He has had 2 whole seasons FFS and given absolutely nothing. He now usurps Jamal Easter as the worst ever Torquay player I have ever seen.

For those who say he will stay in the football league because he's too good for the conference then I say show me the evidence. He would struggle in the conference IMO and he needs to start lowering his sights and look for a new club such as Macclesfield or Lincoln perhaps because that is probably his true level.

Downes I'm not sure on. He has struggled a lot this season and I have a feeling he's come to the end of the road. Sad though it is.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

I think many of you may be surprised at the end of the season.

I just get the feeling a league 2 club, not a million miles away from us, but not in Devon, may well put an offer in for both Bodin and Pearce. We will have to wait and see, but I think both would be keen on the move....

As for the rest, I would be happy for Rice to re-sign. I also think Stevens will earn himself a contract, whatever many of you say on here, he did pretty well in the conference last time out and think he deserves a chance.

What is worth noting is that if you take the really big money boys out of the equation (i.e your Luton's) and you look at a team that might inspire us in a similar geographical position, and I would think a similar budget then the squad at Gateshead is pretty interesting. They have hardly lost since Christmas and if they don't quite have enough this season to win promotion, they will surely start off as one of the favourites for automatic promotion next season.

Their manager, Gary Mills, has an impressive amount of games under his belt as a player and manager and has built a team around him with considerable league experience. The team is quite old, very experienced with a few youngester thrown in as you would expect and seems to be doing the business. Also of interest is that many of the squad is relatively local....so perhaps we should be looking closer to home, Bristol City, Cheltenham, Plymouth and South Wales to build a team whio have been around a bit?
Last edited by MidDevon on 19 Apr 2014, 22:59, edited 2 times in total.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Chappell doesn't seem to be in CH plans so can't see him staying

Pearce is still young, a whole season of first team football and he might stay for the next year, might move on after that year if we didn't go straight back up
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!