Joss Labadie

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

Joss Labadie

Post by Plymouth Gull »

..There are claims that he took a bite at Chesterfield attacker Ollie Banks on Saturday. It's on their forum and now the Daily Fail have picked up on it.

If this actually happened then he could be out for a period of time, and I would also be disgusted as that is a rank thing to do. Did anyone at the Proact see anything?
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Evidence? Photographs? All I see in the DM is comments by the Chesterfield manager and players. Why does Paul Cook think it will be in the referee's report when Labadie was not booked? Typical DM muckraking, where was their report on the disgusting studs up lunge by Ricky Ravenhill of Northampton which nearly broke Billy Bodin's leg? No mention of this on the BBC or Sky. The DM disgusts me.

Nor is there any mention of this on the Chesterfield Club website or the Gulls website. The DM makes things up constantly. Don't forget that this "newspaper" supported the Fascists before the Second World War.
Last edited by gullintwoplaces on 20 Feb 2014, 08:44, edited 1 time in total.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

All the Daily Mail care about is being able to report a sensationalist story and show a few pictures of Suarez. If there was any video footage of it, then it would surely have come to light by now and it would be a much bigger story. Without evidence then it will be one person's word against another.

If he has done this, then it's a disgusting thing to do, and totally moronic. An 8 game ban would rule him out of half the relegation battle to come and potentially cost us our league place.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

IF he has done it and they he deserves everything that Suarez. If the ref saw it (will be in his report) then he would have seen red on the day?

I hope this is not true, I really really hope this is not true.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Gulliball wrote:All the Daily Mail care about is being able to report a sensationalist story and show a few pictures of Suarez. If there was any video footage of it, then it would surely have come to light by now and it would be a much bigger story. Without evidence then it will be one person's word against another.

If he has done this, then it's a disgusting thing to do, and totally moronic. An 8 game ban would rule him out of half the relegation battle to come and potentially cost us our league place.
"If"! As you say, no evidence has been produced other than a report in a travesty of a newspaper by a journo with clearly nothing better to do than trawl through Twatter. There is, however, evidence aplenty about Ravenhill's disgusting foul on Bodin.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

Banks was tweeting about it on Saturday, with a photo of a mark on his skin. As far as I'm aware, no other action ensued..you know, asking for Joss' dental records etc. Didn't see anything at the game; Joss was 'under attack' earlier in the game, got the decision from the ref in his favour ( was complaining, it seemed , about injury to his leg). So far, only heard Banks' side of the story. Whilst I agree that biting is unacceptable, would be interested to hear some sort of statement by Joss or the club before jumping to conclusions.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I know he is one of our own so we defend him until proof is produced otherwise but this is the exact thing we do not need right now.

Fingers crossed it goes away and does so quickly.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Don't know what the Cook and the paper are banging on about here, unless there has been a change in the rules that I haven't seen, the F.A can NOT take retrospective action against a player if the referee has seen part of, all of the incident. Unless there is clear video evidence to support the case that Labadie has bitten the lad if the incident went completely unseen, nothing can or will happen, producing a photo bite marks only proves he was bitten, doesn't prove who actually did it or when.

A side to all of that, if Labadie has done this then he does deserve everything coming to him, that sort of behaviour shouldn't be tolerated by anyone. But personally I am not going to hang Labadie until some one actually proves he's done this, which it appears right now, they can't.
Formerly known as forevertufc
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Here -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... itten.html

Surely if the ref had seen it and he knew enough to put it in his match report as Paul Cook supposedly claims then Labadie would have been sent off at the time.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Nick's already linked that above, found the info I was looking for, it appears the F.A can take retrospective action, if the referee didn't see the incident, as long as it's deemed the assistants or fourth official was not in a position where by they could see the incident. If this is in the referees report the ref must have seen it, as he/she can only report what they actually see.

http://www.thefa.com/News/governance/20 ... 20713.aspx
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Saw this on BBC teletex put it on the forum at 8 15am thought about it and took it off. I feel it's something the club could do without at the moment and should be kept in house until proven. There could be an idiot come up with photo etc. It's not right but these things can happen.Hope it's wrong! : :|
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Richinns wrote:IF he has done it and they he deserves everything that Suarez. If the ref saw it (will be in his report) then he would have seen red on the day?

I hope this is not true, I really really hope this is not true.
The ref could not have seen it as he would have been sent off.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Not necessarily arcadia, the ref may well have seen part of the incident or the whole of the incident and not deemed it serious enough for any further action to be taken, if that is the case and that's in his report, then this whole thing is a non-story.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

How do we know it's Joss? It doesn't seem to suggest anything about him in the DM article.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

I noticed that they hadn't named him in the DM article...you can get sued for that ! Ollie Banks named him to supporters, & it's all over their forum if you want to check it out !
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066