Time to switch games to Home Park?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Yes
13%
No
87%

Total votes: 53

taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

I know this was touched on recently so just thought I would put it out there. I appreciate this is not a decision which can be taken lightly and of course would depend on so many variables (changing fixtures etc) meaning it may not be possible. Who knows if Plymouth would agree to it either. Much as I'd never want this to happen it seems to me the only obvious answer to the current problem. With no signs of improvement we are going to be too many games behind others to play catch up, unless there is a dramatic turnaround in the weather this will carry on until it is too late.

Despite this unprecedented level of rain it's clear the pitch hasn't been able to deal with excess water since the new stand has been around. Once again you feel the board are going to have to look into those pockets if we are going to have a suitable playing surface in the future. I have no doubt playing down there would see attendances slashed and cause further financial issues. However we have to get games on by any means possible. I dread to think what the club is losing at the moment. I was at Fratton Park last week and it was one of my favourite days following the gulls, yet as with the Wimbledon game all momentum has been lost and it is quite unbelievable that CH still hasn't managed at home. I'm starting to feel like this problem rather than our ability could see us go down. =Z
Last edited by taunton_gull on 08 Feb 2014, 13:30, edited 1 time in total.
The original taunton_gull!!!
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Surely troll thread

P*ss off
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I think this it taking it to the extreme.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

What do you suggest is the alternative? Snorkel football?
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Removing idiots like you from this forum^

That would stop these stupid threads
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

My mistake, I thought this was an open forum which permitted freedom of speech without the need to resort to personal abuse, obviously not...
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Suggest that we just have to put up with the terrible weather we are having and sort out the drainage of the pitch for the near future.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:Surely troll thread

P*ss off
Taunton_gull has posted on here many times including about being at Portsmouth last week. But no. I rather we got relegated to the Western League than play a HOME game at Home Park. Hopefully if Cornwall floats off into the Atlantic during the forthcoming storm it will take Home Park with it! ;-)
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

taunton_gull wrote:My mistake, I thought this was an open forum which permitted freedom of speech without the need to resort to personal abuse, obviously not...
Your mistake was suggesting such an idiotic idea
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

P.R. - Without suggesting a tangible idea yourself it's incredibly easy to be dismissive. I know this is an emotive subject, but for me we have to look at the facts - we are in a hugely problematic situation with seemingly no way out. The pitch will need serious money spending on it but that won't happen until the summer. In the meantime I'd rather we go into next year as a league club, even if that means putting personal rivalry to the side for the time being. Like I said if you have a better idea I'm all ears...
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Slightly different situation, given the fact that they are non-league, but last season Guernsey FC had to play 17 games in April 2013 due to a waterlogged pitch over here....23 games in 43 days. That was in the Combined Counties Football League, but still under the guidance of the FA.

The FA refused point blank to allow them to play the games anywhere else, and insisted that the league had to be completed on time. It was farcical - playing Friday night, Saturday afternoon, Sunday afternoon and, sometimes, Monday night too - four games in a row. All of these players were amateur too, so had their day jobs to do as well.

The reason I say this is that I don't think that the club would be allowed to switch games, even if we wanted to.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
robbotufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by robbotufc »

what idiot put a yes vote :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

It is a reasonable question even if you have suffered abuse from Pr who is an idiot. What is clear is that continually getting our games called off is seriously going to hamper our chances of staying up.
Just been watching the Yeovil game on tv - now Somerset have suffered more than anyone with the adverse weather, yet their pitch didn't have any problem whatsoever.
What is clear is that we won't play a home game this month either unless we don'y rainfall for two or three days before and during the day of the match - and that appears unlikely.
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

robbotufc wrote:what idiot put a yes vote :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
If it's a choice between doing that or going down I'm all for it!
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Ignore Plainmoor Roar he likes to abuse but is reluctant to meet to voice his opinions face to face, every forum has one. But that's the internet, or so I'm told.

No I would not like games played at Home Park, but I can see why your thinking this and who knows as time goes on and more games are called off who knows, but it would be a sad day.