Who will it be? - Chris Hargreaves NEW MANAGER

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Who will it be? - Chris Hargreaves NEW MANAGER

Post by Colorado Gull »

Who will it be to manage us next?

Who do you want?

Discuss.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

Warnock, Jesus Hargreaves or Guy Branston seem to be hot favourites !!!!!!!!!
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

be interesting to see if we go down the path of a man to turn it around and save us, e.g Martin Allan

or a longer term appointment that would stay regardless of the division, e.g Chris Hargreaves
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Tq2Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

Post by Tq2Yellow »

Chris Hargreaves, young manager that wants to do well and prove himself, plus has some contacts now within football especially at Bournemouth.

PS hope those that have been staying away and pledged money pay up now and come and support our team!!
:keepie: :goal: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Hargreaves please.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Hargreaves, please.
TUST member 203
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Leaving aside the more high profile (and therefore expensive) options out there, my personal favourite would be Steve Burr at Kidderminster. He is someone who deserves a crack at managing in the League having done a fantastic job with a number of clubs in non league and on a very low budget! Recently missed out on the FGR job and out of contract in the summer too, so may be a small amount of compo to be paid.

If the worst comes to the worst and we end up going down, well at least we would have what many people would consider to be the best Manager in non league football!

Really feel sorry for Knill, not helped undoubtedly by injuries, but I too had become a little alarmed at his inability to turn things around and much like after the interview he gave radio Devon after the Scunthorpe defeat, I thought he sounded like a man who just didn't know how to get us out of this mess, a beaten man.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Would Sturrock be interested?
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Sturrock, Martin Allen, Hargreaves, Warnock are the names that have come up the most.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by bengull »

I am more than happy with Harrop at the moment. Knows the club and players really well, already in house, done a fantastic job with the youth system in recent years. A new manager is not a decision we can afford to take lightly, I have faith that Geoff will steady the ship in the short-term.
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

Ian Atkins .. failing that, Leroy!

:clap:
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

I started a thread Yesterday about realism, so the next day we want Neil Warnock as our manager! How crazy are some people on here?

Only one man crazy enough to take the job and that is Hargreaves.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

exiledgull wrote:I started a thread Yesterday about realism, so the next day we want Neil Warnock as our manager! How crazy are some people on here?

Only one man crazy enough to take the job and that is Hargreaves.
He's been interviewed for the Northampton job.

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport ... -1-5781966
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

For me, Sturrock would be the ideal man. Knows the division, and contrary to what was put on the other thread about him I don't think he is known for being a "big-budget" man - in fact I'm sure he put together a very competent Southend side on a shoe-string and led them to midtable followed by Play-offs the season after. I think the question wouldn't be a case of whether we could give him sufficient playing budget, but can we afford him to manage us? We would have to hope that the locality, the thought he might have a little soft spot for us, and the nothing-to-lose nature of one last managerial challenge might be enough to get him on board.

Deep down though, I fear that two sackings in 6 month will leave the coffers empty and won't stretch to an experienced name. We'll look to someone young and unproven, and hope they have the same impact that Eddie Howe had for Bournemouth. If we were going down that road, then I'd cross my fingers for Hargreaves.

On the other hand, to throw one in from left-field, has Kevin Hill done any coaching badges? At least that would be one man who'd understand the club!

EDIT - Going back to Sturrock, valid point on the other thread about the financial state of Plymouth after he left. But Southend were already up sh** creek financially before he came in.
Last edited by Jeff on 02 Jan 2014, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper

Post by divingbboy »

Jerry wrote: He's been interviewed for the Northampton job.

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport ... -1-5781966
True, but that job is quite the poisoned chalice and he lives locally to us, which must be attractive.
TUST member 203