Leaking of Confidential Information

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Leaking of Confidential Information

Post by A Candy »

Some of you will have read on other fans forums that information on team selection plus other sensitive information has been leaked by someone calling themselves "Supergulls". Whilst I am not questioning their motives at this stage I have issued on the other forums a polite notice to stop this straight away. I am advised that the person concerned contributes to this forum so my notice is reproduced below.
Thank you.

"Without questioning the motives of the person(s) who has access to what is "inside information", I would like to politely ask that person(s) to stop posting confidential information about team selection, the players or any other aspect of the Club that has not been made public by the Club. For example, information on team selection released before team sheets are handed in to the referee could be accessed by our opponents which would then gives them an advantage as they could then change their team selection knowing how our team is going to line up. Similarly, posting other personal information about the team could also have a damaging affect on team morale.
Please see this as a polite request to stop. Should this continue I will have to pursue this further given the potential damage that could be done to everybody's efforts, including our loyal fans, to see Torquay United succeed.
Andrew Candy
Chief Executive".
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Do you seriously think that the opposition manager or whoever is going to trawl through this website to access information about a team line up (which is after all supposition) and then change his line up on that information. Come on I think you are taking yourself too seriously.
As for team morale - well we are all aware of the twittergate debacle in the press last week.
Perhaps the players would be better advised concentrating on winning games than worrying what people are writing about them on a football website or social media sites.
Perhaps you could turn your attention to sorting out the continued farcical ticketing arrangments in Bristows Bench.
Last edited by brucie on 06 Nov 2013, 09:45, edited 2 times in total.
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

now there goes my fun mr candy lol In all seriousness it does seam a touch silly to do this however ime sure that supergulls whoever you are didnt mean any harm in fact i like reading the fellas posts makes for good reading on a friday.
thegreedygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by thegreedygull »

Let's have a witch hunt ! :clap:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

As a suggestion to keeping details of our team line up a secret perhaps I could offer a suggestion. When Alan Knill conducts training suggestions on a Thursday or Friday the players could be kitted out in burka's so that the players could be kept "under wraps" so to speak.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

I knew this would happen, I could post more of this 'confidential information' but it was only a matter of time until they put up a stink about fans being told the truth about certain things.
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

Good reply brucie i like that lol
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Or as as a further suggestion why we are making games all ticket thus excluding fans from attending if they decide they want to go on the day of the match for example. What was the attendance for the Portsmouth game by the way?
And the home match versus Newport County all ticket? Farcical.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

It's very easy to keep knocking the club, isn't it ? I admit I like reading 'insider' information, & most people like a good gossip. However, I take Mr Candy's point about team morale; perhaps supergulls is a bit prone to exaggerating players' responses to being left out of the starting 11 ? As for all-ticket matches Brucie, we were all in uproar on The Bench at the Rovers match last season because so many away fans had found their way in. Although most of those were civil, it led to some aggression, & spoilt the match day experience for quite a few. Yes, I'm a veteran of the Mini Stand (you'll never take the Mini Stand we used to sing, & they certainly never did at any match that I attended); but hey, tempus fugit & all that, I can't be bothered to fight these days, you know? So the Club took on police advice, & they've come up with all-ticketing. Probably neither scenario is perfect, But that's the compromise that we've got. People can always ring the Club or go online if they want a ticket, but can't get to the ground in person before the game, & then have their ticket posted or pick it up on the day. Nothing wrong with a bit of forward thinking sometimes, & it does only affect 5 home games out of the whole season. Yes, there are still ticketing problems to be sorted out as well generally; only room for improvement at Plainmoor then, on & off the pitch !!! COYY !!!!
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

I think a word with the mods would have been a better idea. You have basically confirmed what Supergulls tells us is 100% correct publicly and before it could be taken as rumour. Surely fixing the leak is a better idea.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

I think its more the case of not displaying the team line up on here until 2:00pm when the other team knows it. I cannot see how leaking signings can harm anything. I would not see why we need to know it on here early anyway.

Take the Mozika signing for example- it was heavily rumoured on here until it came official on the club website. It was a rumour that he is signing but we all knew he was training with the club so there shouldn't be a problem with that.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

My thoughts for they are worth; For a start, supergulls do not let any of this put you of posting or feel the need to leave this forum.

I do not want to seem if I am having a go at Andy Candy, I know the good work he does for the club and it's fans, however I do think it's a tad naive to suggest that posting the team line up that supergulls thinks to be correct, is some how harming our own team and giving an advantage to the opposition, I doubt very much the coaching staff of our opponents are sat there at lunchtime with a lap top waiting for supergulls to make his post, and that they would make changes to their own line up on an anonymous post from a Torquay fan, on our own likely starting line.

Also what must be remembered, all clubs in League 2, trust me have scouting reports done from time to time on their League 2 opponents, and managers regularly speak to each other, it's more than highly likely that we and Rochdale are at least 95 % certain of who will start the game and what our respective preferred tactics/game plan is going to be.

As for any player discord, well blow me down, I would be surprised if there isn't any. Talk to any pro, semi pro and park league player who isn't starting regularly and bet you he doesn't rate the manager or his methods.

As for our own players, it is really easy to blame the manager, I suggest some them need to ask themselves, if all goes tits up here, where they think their next move is going come from. I would ask them to take a long hard look at themselves before blaming the manager or fans, and ask whether their own attitudes and application to their football is right, and also ask themselves why doesn't the manager trust me to do a job for the team.

Ask themselves is it me the player, do I need to justify my personal performance at training or on match day's, or does the manager actually have a point.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Wubble U »

I think I have a solution...

From now on if supergulls posts the wrong lineup every saturday, the opposing manager will line his team up completely wrong on that advice
And we'll win every game :clap:

just don't go too far and suggest that manse has been dropped for bad form, or they'll see through the plan :~D
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I agree with brucie. It's nonsensical to think that opposing managers would read any of the drivel posted on this site. An over-reaction, I'm afraid.
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Some interesting views but it would be inappropriate for me to comment any further. However, I would point you in the direction of other forums where there are also interesting views expressed and in particular on the value of opponents getting team information in advance.