Player Sponsorship

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Player Sponsorship

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

As i'm ill and in bed i thought i'd have a browse through my football programmes. I could watch Eastenders at half ten but i'd rather stick sea urchins in my eyes. They have loads of pricks but not as many as on Eastenders.

Anyway, i read in our home programme v Northampton that TorquayFans.com sponsor Brian Saah i think it is and i wondered if you guys needed any donations to help. I'm happy to send a few quid, it won't be a lot as i have a low income for a family of 3 but every little helps i suppose. I would be happy to help give what little i can so can you guys let me know how this works and if you want me to send a small amount.

As i don't get to many home games i thought i could do a tiny bit of something to help with income and given the membership scheme thingy appears to be a total farce then i reckon contributing to player sponsorship is the way forward.

Cheers lads.

Also, do any of you as individuals sponsor a player and how much does it cost on average do you reckon?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
stratfordgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bobby O...oh no

Post by stratfordgull »

This will sound really dopey, but I 'think' that I sponsor someone.

I might have been suckered in on this but I believe that I may have sponsored Martin Ling by way of a present, but I've never heard a dickybird from the club.

Being an exile I haven't actually made in to Plainmoor this season so haven't even been able to check out a programme to see if I'm mentioned. I'm prepared to believe that It was all a joke but for all I know, my face could be plastered on every wall and in every toilet in the place?

If someone can check out a programme for me then I'd be very grateful.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

Martin Ling is sponsored by Liz Neal
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
stratfordgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bobby O...oh no

Post by stratfordgull »

That's Mrs Stratford.....thanks for that. Shame that we've heard absolutely diddly from the club then.
Slightly disappointing.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

The TFF sponsor Brian Saah I know because I paid a part of it and it is my photo in the programme shaking his hand !!!
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Louis »

As already mentioned that is a different fans site by a similar name. Last person we sponsored was Colin Lee, so thought it was best not to do sponsorships again :P
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

That other forum slipped my mind Louis, i just saw the Torquay Fans Forum and thought it was this one so prompted me to post the thread. Not to worry now though. Cheers.

Just out of interest though, does anyone know how much roughly it costs to sponsor a player?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

austrianandygull wrote:That other forum slipped my mind Louis, i just saw the Torquay Fans Forum and thought it was this one so prompted me to post the thread. Not to worry now though. Cheers.

Just out of interest though, does anyone know how much roughly it costs to sponsor a player?
You thinking Billy Bodin Andy!!??
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

:lol: If it will make him play better then yeah! :) I'll even chuck in 4 cats and and my entire collection of Korn CD's too if it means he gets us to stay up! :bow:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

i would say the least value for money deal =
the big screen - goal sponsorship - £2000 gets your advert/name shown on the big screen every time the gulls hit the back of the net at plainmoor.

not gonna see too much for 2 grand there are we. :whistle:

:scarf:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

The best one is definitely the throw-in sponsorship. A bargain, I say!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Louis »

Half way through the season I wouldn't expect it to be full rates. Contact Dean Edwards if you are serious about a sponsorship, may be best waiting until the end of this season.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Will do Louis, there is no way i'm going to sponsor any of this rubbish squad anyway. Downes, Poke and Howe possibly, TFF already sponsor Saah and the rest i would be embarrassed at having my name linked with them. Perhaps i should wait for some new arrivals.