Accrington away 17th december 2011

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Marathon girl
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: lee mansell

Accrington away 17th december 2011

Post by Marathon girl »

Hi
Is anyone planning on going to this fixture ? as ive been given 2 tickets for any game 2011/2012 season at accrington home or away end
Im running the london marathon next year for my charity headway so trying to raise as much money as i can for them . These tickets have been donated to me for this cause....
Standing or seating is £15 so they are worth £30
pm me with a sensible offer and more info please....

payment via a cheque for headway or my sponsorship page please

Thank you
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I can't imagine we will get 100 fans for this one with it being a dump of a place and a hovel of a ground and pitch PLUS it being miles away PLUS it being a week before Christmas. I think i'm gonna go though despite me being adamant that i would never darken the door again of the most depressing place i have ever been as a TUFC fan on my last visit , a 1-0 loss last season. I'll get stuck in to the songs on my todd if i'm the only one there! :lol: Credit to ACCY it was only £13 to get in last season but for the view and facilities they offer maybe i should retract my credit! :red:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

I always go because i live in Leeds so i'll be there! not bothered about Christmas being the week after .. Fottball is my Chrismas treat ;-)
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I have refused to go since that sodden day when it was free to get in. Robbing bastards!

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

:rofl: very droll Matt!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

doubt i'll go, xmas do the night before, dont so hangovers very well these days!!

went the season when it rained not stop for whole game, could've handled that but they scored very very late on to win 1-0. toilets in portakabins. remember the pub right outside ground being pretty decent plus a couple on the way from station
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

bixieupnorth wrote:doubt i'll go, xmas do the night before, dont so hangovers very well these days!!

went the season when it rained not stop for whole game, could've handled that but they scored very very late on to win 1-0. toilets in portakabins. remember the pub right outside ground being pretty decent plus a couple on the way from station

Interesting you talk about the portakabins in plural Bix. When i went there was only one, it was about the size of my brain and darker than the black hole of calcutta. I couldn't find my arse with both hands AND i had a torch!! The catering was out of the back of a trailer like you get at fairgrounds you could buy bottles of beer and actually take them onto the terraces, i got stuck in the club shop when myself and an accrington fan both wanted to get in at the same time and the programmes was atrocious, printed badly and were the most expensive in the league at £3.

You have a lot of Xmas do's Bix, jesus man how many jobs have you got? :lol:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

austrianandygull wrote::rofl: very droll Matt!
Glad you liked it Andy, I'm here solely for your entertainment. :-D

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

'Orrible place. I really don't want to go to this one...so I won't. Shame, but there you have it.

We never seem to get a result there anyway. Mind you having to play on a ploughed field is not helpful. I know it's the same for both teams, but Accy get to "play" on it every other week! Also, we tend to have a player sent off every time we go there.

All in all, not a nice pitch, :red: not a nice ground, freeze your butt off in the portaloos, :red: get wet 'cause it always rains (or worse) :red: a blooming long way and the away end aint got a roof. :red: No thanks. I'll listen on Radio Devon. :scarf:
Last edited by diamondgirl on 08 Dec 2011, 16:27, edited 1 time in total.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

If it wasn't miles away, wasn't on a Saturday and didn't have worse rail links than Narnia, I'd go.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

austrianandygull wrote: You have a lot of Xmas do's Bix, jesus man how many jobs have you got? :lol:
two this year!! i moved jobs so managed to get involved in both xmas do's this year, actually there is a third one, and i decided not to go on the other halves do. besides betting and football, drinking is my other hobby, so i do tend to get out and about a bit!! hate bloody christmas tho!!
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I don't want people to gang up on us northern folk saying we are all miserable gits but I HATE CHRISTMAS TOO!!! I love putting the tree up, getting and receiving a few presents and i don't mean insane presents that you see on telly like, come to Currys and buy your other half a laptop for Christmas - they're only £400 quid or jewellery where you have to trade in a kidney to get a necklace but just sensible presents like a Gulls home shirt ( if i don't get one then we're finished!) or a tub of Haribo, not the fizzy ones though. I also love seeing the face of the young un opening her presents and i love stuffing my face and getting hammered but not on a gross scale in town centres so that i antagonise people who can take their ale. I mostly get hammered on my own whilst watching Karl Pilkington who i think stole my identity! He most certainly stole my personality and mannerisms anyway! I also enjoy the festive horse racing and football too. I hate Christmas telly, meeting family you don't want to meet ( this has not been a problem for me the last 5 or so years though as i just don't go, most family members understand i don't wish to discuss trivia with them and then not see them until same time next year. They are now massively aware that i am pretty antisocial when it comes to people i'd rather not be around.). Apart from this Christmas is great! BAA HUMBUG!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Every year I leave Accrington saying "next year I won't bother". Been there 3 times, seen a dire 1-0 defeat in the legendary "free" game, a 4-2 defeat where we completely folded and the dismal 1-0 defeat last season. Always cold, always a rubbish game.

But I'll be there! There is something I like about making the away trips that precious few others want to make. I loved being one of the 50-odd at Bury last season, and Accy a week before xmas is about as unappealing as they come. I don't fancy us to get anything, but its always a fun trip to stand on that **** terrace again!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I'm in your camp there Jeff. I've only been to Accy once last year and i said i would never go again, i was that depressed being there that i suddenly had a rant out loud on impulse whilst leaving the ground about the place being a s******e and how glad i was to be going home! I lost it for a moment! Having said that, i'll probably go again as it is a game that i can get to and what better way to spend a saturday than watching the mighty gulls (lose again at Accrington)?! I also like it occasionally when we get an away following that we can count on one hand although it doesn't do much for the atmos. You really feel that as a fan you really are going beyond the call of duty by being there.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

austrianandygull wrote:I'm in your camp there Jeff. I've only been to Accy once last year and i said i would never go again, i was that depressed being there that i suddenly had a rant out loud on impulse whilst leaving the ground about the place being a s******e and how glad i was to be going home! I lost it for a moment! Having said that, i'll probably go again as it is a game that i can get to and what better way to spend a saturday than watching the mighty gulls (lose again at Accrington)?! I also like it occasionally when we get an away following that we can count on one hand although it doesn't do much for the atmos. You really feel that as a fan you really are going beyond the call of duty by being there.

Completely agree with that!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.