BIG RESPECT Andrew Candy.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

BIG RESPECT Andrew Candy.

Post by monkeyboy »

Doing an important job for our beloved Torquay United for no pay - Top man :bow:
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by AndyC »

Indeed - he was the man who took my anger on OT ticket shambles day - thoroughly pleasant chap and respect to him for offering his services for no reward.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Sorry guys but i must admit to not knowing Mr Candy. Can someone enlighten me about the chap so i know for future reference. Cheers.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

andrew is a very good friend a complete profesional and will be superb for torquay united the club are very very lucky to have him good luck andy from your good pal .......
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Do you actually work for TUFC teeboo?! You seem to have some very good contacts within the club at least!

Can't say I know these 3 but hopefully it'll sort out some of the basic errors made last season.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

i've had a few dealings with Kerry over the years, and she's very cool. glad she's got the full time gig - good luck Kerry, and of course to the other two as well.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

nope dont work for the club just a normal fan who happens to know andy and how lucky torquay are to have his skills on board as for kerry and the staduim manager well good luck to them both its nice to see torquay united moving on becoming more profesional good luck to them all
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Went senior school with Andrew Candy, in the same year.

At school he was kind natured and would help his schoolmates to the best of his ability.

It doesn't surprise me that he's offered his services on a voluntary basis, it's in his kind nature.

:clap: :bow: :clap:

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 14,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the kind words and good wishes. Much appreciated to hear from old friends and regular posters who I do not know yet. As stated on the OS I am a life time supporter of our beloved Club and fortunate to be in a position to offer my services in order to try and help take the Club forward. I have lots of ideas and energy and want to try and concentrate in particular,on making the "Match Day Experience" even better for us, the Fans. I am keen that we should listen to the Fans and where possible and financially sensible, introduce changes to make that Experience even better. May not get it all right first time, but will be prepared to listen and improve things the next time. I will also be keen to involve some of you that have a little free time in some of the projects I will be working on. Watch the OS for more details.
Sorry for the speech, really only meant to say thankyou.
Best wishes,
Andrew
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Well done for being prepared to make the effort Andrew, and good luck with your plans.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Fantastic - well done - good egg - does he know any good footballers? - if so perhaps he could point them in the direction of our new manager to stop him signing shite.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Sorry about ^^^ this, Andrew. Unfortunately, to qualify for our 'care in the community' grant, we have to keep him.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Thanks Guys,
As well as everything else that is good about this site, I just love the humour! Or was Matt being serious?
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

andrewcandy wrote:Thanks Guys,
As well as everything else that is good about this site, I just love the humour! Or was Matt being serious?
Pretty serious. brucie is our resident black cloud, the result of a dangerous cross breeding experiment between Eeyore and Droopy.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Andrew Candy was first choice centre forward at Westhill School. :bow:

Unfortunately, across the road at Homelands, was a player by the name of Steve Pope. :bow:

"Westlands", back in the day, had hell of a side, but then so did Torquay Grammar. :@

It was like one half of Trojans playing the other half. All mates together then ? No by f'ck, we did our best to kick lumps out of each other. :O
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"