category a and b

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

category a and b

Post by bixieupnorth »

still makes me chuckle having categories at little old torquay!!

theres a meeting this week to decide which games have the extra £ added to the entrance fee!! a maximum of 8 matches apparently!! that'll take em all of five mins to decide!

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/Bodin ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
still keeping the faith
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Other clubs in this division do the same, however £19 to sit in the Family Stand is a lot of money, especially for League 2 football I think. I think the club should do special deals to bring more people back into Plainmoor, maybe have a yellow day where everyone in yellow enters at one fixed price or have a family special (two adult tickets and two children tickets for £40).
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

They definately need to be more imaginative with the pricing strategy, mainly in respect to group discounts. Do you think when they demolish the grandstand that there might be few months when we'll be able to watch for free from the pathway?!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

When I win the next $300 million Powerball jackpot (it's a dead cert, I have a system ;-) ) I shall by all 6000 tickets for one game and make it free for all!

You heard it here first.

Note to self: should think about buying Powerball ticket.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

you still wouldnt get more than 3,500 home fans in!!
still keeping the faith
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

bixieupnorth wrote:you still wouldnt get more than 3,500 home fans in!!
If that happens my next my purchase would be a small thermonuclear device to wipe out Paignton. That'll learn 'em, apathetic gits.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

If you win $300 million (I'm guessing that's about £250 at the current exchange rate), maybe you could buy the club instead?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

scottbrehaut wrote:If you win $300 million (I'm guessing that's about £250 at the current exchange rate), maybe you could buy the club instead?
Slightly misleading - that $300m figure is assuming you let them invest it. Cash upfront payment would be about half that, and then they make you pay tax (about 35%) so I'd be looking at *only* $100m or so, which works out about £65M in real money.

I mean, I could. But I don't want any of you people to hate me. Any more than you already do, at least :)

Plus I'd have massive swimming pool to fill, and those playboy models won't get there by themselves.

CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

I see from the OS that we now have confirmation of the Cat "A" games and whilst it's no surprise to see the likes of the Plymouth, Bristol Rovers, Swindon, Oxford and Bradford games categorised in this way ... I am a little surprised that the like of Port Vale, Crewe and Crawley (!!!) have been deemed as such!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Crewe? CREWE? Seriously?
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

guess its because its towards the end of the season and they're expected to be challenging for promotion?
still keeping the faith
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Crawley?? they should pay US to come and catcall that fat b&stard, his sh)thead sidekick and bunch of cheating mercenaries.
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

chippygull wrote:Crawley?? they should pay US to come and catcall that fat b&stard, his sh)thead sidekick and bunch of cheating mercenaries.
Actually, I can see Crawley being a real aggro match.

Because they're a bunch of wankers.

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

happytorq wrote: Actually, I can see Crawley being a real aggro match.

Because they're a bunch of wankers.
Chippygull, Happytorq, just let it go. You can't spend all your waking hours being eaten up inside by hatred for Crawley and their fat **** of a cheating **** manager! We all know that they are a load of crooks! However, in my opinion to even have categories of games, ie certain games that cost more than others IN LEAGUE 2 is nothing short of a disgrace. At this level all games should be a uniform price end of. Robbing twats. I'm talking about Torquay now and not Crawley! :red:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Gotta disagree, slightly there, Andy. Clearly the reason they've done it is because in the category A games, there needs to be more policing, security, etc. Especially when Plymouth, Swindon and Oxford come to town.

I'm certain those 3 will sell out, and with our reduced capacity, tickets for them (Plymouth especially) will be snapped up quickly.