Mustapha Carayol

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Mustapha Carayol

Post by friendlygas »

There is a strong rumour that he is signingf for us tomorow.Any comments about about him. I understand he played on loan for you at some stage but not suree when.Is he any good? Best of luck in the Cup Draw tomorrow.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

friendlygas wrote:There is a strong rumour that he is signingf for us tomorow.Any comments about about him. I understand he played on loan for you at some stage but not suree when.Is he any good? Best of luck in the Cup Draw tomorrow.
On loan? Im not sure when that was but if you ever work that out i would like to know as thats a massive gap in my life i seemed to miss :lol:
He was our player from 2008 if im correct and left in 2010 after not wanting to sign a new contract because he wanted to go back to london. So he signed for lincon :|

If im honest his spell he was injury hit or just didnt seem to be worthy of a starting place and never really made much of an impact untill the last 6 games where he was brilliant. He is one where i always thought he had good skill and was very quick but i always thought he played brilliantly in the last few games to try get a contract else where.

I honestly thought he fell out with Buckle and was one of the reasons why he left but i could be wrong. If that was the case why would Bucks want to sign him again? If you sign him he will be VERY hit or miss. If he stays fit you may get a decent player as he did start off really well at lincon untill he turned up and played against us and got a injury :whistle: and didnt play much after that.

Just one more point, you or one of your fellow Rovers fan stated that you wouldnt want Zebroski because you have "better" targets and players to go for. No offence but if you sign Muzzy i will laugh as you cant seriously say you got a better player. Just a hint in the song:

He plays or the left, he plays on the right, that boy Zebroski makes Muzzy look sh*te. :scarf:
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

Ue did fall out with Buckle and I would be hugely surprised if he entertained playing under Buckle again
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

As has been said before, the best way to describe Carayol is hot and cold.

What you won't believe though is how different "hot" Carayol is to "cold" Carayol. On his day, Muzzy can be the best winger in the division - quick as anything, bag of tricks and towards the end of his time with us finally generated an end product - which is why we were keen to keep him. Sort of player who can get the crowd on their feet.

But on the other hand, a few negatives to his game. Injury prone-ness for one - suffered a lot last year, missed 3 months the season before. Seems to be quite hard to keep fit for a sustained period. Don't expect much work rate, tracking back and tackling, particularly if the chips are down. And Muzzy only seems to do well when the weather and pitches are at their best. Don't expect much out of him between November and February, and don't be surprised if the snood and gloves are out before we've seen the back of October!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

that 0-3 win at grimsby was possibly his finest hour in a torquay united shirt

must try harder with his geography tho!!
still keeping the faith
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

i think it's all been said already. i must've seen him play many times, but can clearly remember a couple of things he did that were fantastic, but other than those flashes, he was VERY anonymous. Frustrating, because those flashes of brilliance (great goal after coming on as sub at D&R in our first season back up, and like others have said, the final 6 games of that season) suggest he can play, but when he's bad, he's REALLY bad. i remember in the BSP, we were at woking, and he was up against a full back who looked about 85, no pace, but he got stuck into Muz, and Muz just bottled it. He was right in front of me and i said "run at him muz, i'm faster than him" and he just looked at me as if to say "i don't want to, he might hurt me". if he signs for you, will be interesting to see which Muzzy turns up, but i think it's fair to say no one really lost any sleep when he left plainmoor.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I have done a thread on the banter board titled muzzy "sick note" Carayol,cant think of a better way to describe the lad,allways injured,he picked up an injury with us ,never recorved any form or confidence,so buckle sent him out on loan to Kettering 5 games in to his loan spell guess what he got injured and came back.

Largely muzzy was hit and miss in his time with us,to be honest more miss than hit,as said above in his last few games with us he showed touch's of utter brilliance and was un-stoppable at times,however we only ever saw that in his last 6 games.

He then went on to Lincoln where he missed 15 games last season,yep you guessed it,through injury,personaly would not touch this lad with a barge poll,better more consistant players with out constant injury problems.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Not so sure why Muzzy would be moving to work under Buckle again after Buckle was the real reason he would not sign a new contract with Torquay? He hated him!!

I guess time and money heals all!!

For what it is worth - I would take Muzzy back in a second. When he is at it he is unplayable and worth the risk.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Richinns wrote:Not so sure why Muzzy would be moving to work under Buckle again after Buckle was the real reason he would not sign a new contract with Torquay? He hated him!!

I guess time and money heals all!!

For what it is worth - I would take Muzzy back in a second. When he is at it he is unplayable and worth the risk.
Couldn't agree more, if you can get 10 games like that out of him every season, that is basically 10 wins under your belt. I think every club in the league would take that.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

he's clearly got the ability. just needs to sort his attitude out. if he can do that, he could be a decent player. is he still with Lincoln or was he released ??
Brady

I Wish I Was There
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

He's still under contract but Lincoln want 25k for him.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Let's hope Buckle spunks a load of cash on him, because we have a sell-on clause! :nod:
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Thanks Guys.Certainly gives an insight.Might be worth a risk on him as wingers tend to be in and out of games anyway. Great cup draw by the way.I bet you are looking forward to that..Lovely stadium and should be one of the bigger crowds of the first round. Watford at home for us and probably wil be Buckles first home game as we always seem to start off away. Wouldnt be a bit surprised if we play you first game as the League seem to love to come up with games which have a spice about them..Last year it was Peterborough away who had Gary Johnson at that time.
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

forevertufc wrote:I have done a thread on the banter board titled muzzy "sick note" Carayol,cant think of a better way to describe the lad,allways injured,he picked up an injury with us ,never recorved any form or confidence,so buckle sent him out on loan to Kettering 5 games in to his loan spell guess what he got injured and came back.

Largely muzzy was hit and miss in his time with us,to be honest more miss than hit,as said above in his last few games with us he showed touch's of utter brilliance and was un-stoppable at times,however we only ever saw that in his last 6 games.

He then went on to Lincoln where he missed 15 games last season,yep you guessed it,through injury,personaly would not touch this lad with a barge poll,better more consistant players with out constant injury problems.
Think he only lasted 5 minutes at Plainmoor when he was here in March i believe for Lincoln ??!!
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/Win ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's the article about Carayol and Buckle for any Rovers fans getting excited about signing Sicknote. I'd have thought he'd have burnt his bridges with that...