whos gonna be his first signing?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

whos gonna be his first signing?

Post by bixieupnorth »

not heard any news of possible targets yet, has anyone got any clues to players who have followed him about from orient to cambridge, or any failed bids in previous jobs?
still keeping the faith
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Brian Saah I suppose would be the most likely.

Probably someone out of contract.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
orient_fan
Trialist
Trialist

Post by orient_fan »

At Orient, we've released a few of Ling's signings over the past couple of years and I wouldn't be suprised if he went in for a couple of them again:

Brian Saah: Ling really rates him. In my opinion he's far to good for the conference and would do a great job for you. Athletic, strong and a good passer, although his positioning did leave a bit to be desired when he was with us (i'm sure he's improved that though as he's become more experienced).

Sean Thornton: many Orient fans were very suprised to see him leave, as he was something of a cult hero down at Brisbane Road. On his day, he was easily our best player, however off the field problems were clearly the determining factor in him leaving (he was apparently a bit of a boozer). He hasn't got a club at the moment, and he would do a brilliant job for you. Whether Ling would take a chance on him is another matter.

Ryan Jarvis: centre forward who we've just released. Ling originally signed him on loan, then signed him permanently a few months later. He is a real trier, and will chase everything loose ball down. Unfortunately, at League One level he was one of the most hit-and-miss forwards you will ever see; one day he will be on fire and the next he'll look like he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. He is a massive confidence player, but could definitely do a job for you.

A quick head's up as to what to expect from Ling's signings. He will always try to sign players that have proven themself in league football and will very rarely take a punt on a non-league player. He has a good knack of attracting a high calibre of player and I'd say that 70% of signings at Orient were positive. He is prone to the odd duff one, but which manager isn't. As I said before, he'll do a good job for you...just get behind him and don't write him off before a ball's even been kicked.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Like the sound of Saah and Jarvis. Thornton, whilst obviously talented evidently lacks professionalism and i wouldn't want him anywhere near the place. There's a reason he has no club, and it's not a lack of ability.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

70% of his signings were positive? That's good.

Out of interest, is there any reason why you have Benyon as your favourite player, orient fan?
bc-gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Pearce

Post by bc-gull »

I would like to see us sign Billy Bodin as I have seen it mentioned else where, along with Brian Saah!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

assistant manager?
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:assistant manager?
Perhaps if we do get Paul Bodin in as assitant manager (who must be the favoured candidate considering he was named in the interview), maybe it will become more likely that Billy will sign for us too.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

NickGull wrote:70% of his signings were positive? That's good.

Out of interest, is there any reason why you have Benyon as your favourite player, orient fan?
Have you noticed that Orient Fan and Fonda never appear online at the same time?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: HOWE

Post by Warwickgull »

First player coming in may be a Bristol Rovers player in part x for Zeb. :O
Everybody has a photographic memory, some people just dont have film.
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

niec they get rid a of a crap player who helped them get relegated that they want off the payroll and we lose a decent goalscorer. sounds like the kind of deals we normally make
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Warwickgull wrote:First player coming in may be a Bristol Rovers player in part x for Zeb. :O
Kuffour?
The gulls are going up
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: HOWE

Post by Warwickgull »

No chance, he was their top scorer with 14 last season, and that isn't bad playing in a relegation team.

Think Zeb will be gone sooner rather than later though :|
Everybody has a photographic memory, some people just dont have film.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Campbell. Buckle will get shot of him asap, he won't like a job rival in the camp.

Edit: BTW this is just my own supposition :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Southampton Gull wrote:Campbell. Buckle will get shot of him asap, he won't like a job rival in the camp.

Edit: BTW this is just my own supposition :)
Leaving sentiment aside, he (Campbell) would make an excellent Player/Assistant Manager - being doing his coaching badges and managed BRFC as caretaker manager last season. At just 33 years of age he would also be able to contribute on the playing side (BRFC POTY for the last two seasons I think?) for a good few years yet whereas in reality I can't see Alex Russell being able to play much more than cameo roles at this stage of his career in all honesty.