Rumour or fact? James Crole

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Rumour or fact? James Crole

Post by Stickingitin »

James Crole looks set to sign for us from Cardiff. I hope so as we need a goal scorer!
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

A quote from a Cardiff moderator on another forum from Oct 2021... Tall number 9 at Cardiff U18s stepped up to U23s today and scored a hat trick. Now I don’t want to get over excited but the lad was big, good in the air, good with his feet and pretty quick for his size. And an actual striker.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

If Gareth Bale says we have got a gem then I am very excited.

This young man could be the real deal.

It suggests Will Goodwin may be returning to his parent Club Stoke City.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Now confirmed on the Club Website.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Will be a shame if Goodwin goes, but it sounds as if it's "like for like" I'll give him a chance, 100% he's coming from championship level, represented his country at different levels, so on the surface it's positive, will have to wait and see, I doubt he'll feature tomorrow though.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Signed

Let’s hope that both newly loaned players are better than we already have.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

portugull wrote: 06 Jan 2023, 17:08 If Gareth Bale says we have got a gem then I am very excited.

This young man could be the real deal.

It suggests Will Goodwin may be returning to his parent Club Stoke City.
Please please please, don't say you think the random profile with 5 followers is the real Gareth Bale

There's too much nonsense on here that it's reasonable to think it's not sarcasm :-o
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

The lad scored in an U 23 game and a pre season friendly so not pulling up trees. Not in Goodwins league. I really hope we give him a chance.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Has Goodwin gone back to Stoke City?, It'll be a shame if he has, on many levels I wouldn't of changed it myself, he's scored 6 already, he knows the team, our style, the league etc, at a time where we've got tough games coming,on heavy pitches, in a relegation scrap, we've rolled the dice and decided on changing it potentially with a lad of similar calibre,,but zero experience?, Its like starting over all again,not sure now is the time to do this, but if it comes off, brilliant move and well done to GJ if he gets this right.For me, I wouldn't be looking upfront, we badly need defenders IN, esp with losing Ellis and Ness a while ago and now down to players who couldn't even get on the bench recently (Omar and Marshall).
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Agree with this , we are shipping goals for fun, 49 in 25 games and in true Gary fashion we sign a young striker and attacking midfielder. I would have preferred to start at the back and sign a centre back and more defensive minded midfielder though if this lad comes off I won't complain but we still need to tighten up at the back !
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 07:56 Has Goodwin gone back to Stoke City?, It'll be a shame if he has, on many levels I wouldn't of changed it myself, he's scored 6 already, he knows the team, our style, the league etc, at a time where we've got tough games coming,on heavy pitches, in a relegation scrap, we've rolled the dice and decided on changing it potentially with a lad of similar calibre,,but zero experience?, Its like starting over all again,not sure now is the time to do this, but if it comes off, brilliant move and well done to GJ if he gets this right.For me, I wouldn't be looking upfront, we badly need defenders IN, esp with losing Ellis and Ness a while ago and now down to players who couldn't even get on the bench recently (Omar and Marshall).
Who says it was our choice to swap Goodwin for Crole? Goodwin is a Stoke player first and foremost and it is probably Stoke's decision not to renew the loan. If however Goodwin is staying I don't see the point of having Crole.
Agree that the defence should have been our priority.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Point taken, however if Goodwin has been recalled, he's not our player as you say, we are in the middle of winter,tough conditions, playing a lot of the top ten in the next month or so, and Borehamwood, and we've been potentially forced to let Goodwin go back, to replace him with an untried 21yr old?,I hope it comes off,but it's a bold decision,I still believe with the squad we have, 2 defenders with knowledge of the league would of been my starting point,.
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

I agree that we need some experienced central defender but we have been running on 1/2 strikers for most of the season, Goodwin and Jarvis are a must stay in my opinion as they are starting to gather goals and have the experience of this team.
We only need to get one more goal per game as is the fine margins, and, had we have produced one more goal per game we would be sitting in 6th place with a goal difference of F52 A49 W10 D9 L6 and 39 Pts, and we would of beaten Derby at home in the FA Cup.
You gotta love fine margins!
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Any idea if Crole is still with Torquay?

The Cardiff fans seemed to rate him highly so I’m very surprised he hasn’t featured.

Given the limited loan spaces I don’t understand the mentality of signing someone on loan who you don’t intend to play.

If they lack the quality required surely some form of scouting prior would minimise this risk?