Torquay United v Maidenhead United Sat 30 April KO 3pm

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Torquay United v Maidenhead United Sat 30 April KO 3pm

Post by portugull »

United entertain Maidenhead tomorrow in the penultimate Home game of the season.

United are unbeaten at Home since losing 2 nil to Solihull on 25th January.

I am going for a narrow 1-0 win for the Gulls.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

An end of season feel to this game that wont live long in the memory

Had the best chances but a draw was the right result, game summed up the season - no cutting edge up front
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 30 Apr 2022, 18:02 - no cutting edge up front
And nothing on the bench to turn a game.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Tepid is the kindest word I can use to use todays performance- the same can be said for the fans.

I really wanted Lolos to put that final minute away to help his confidence but alas it was not to be.

What’s the story with Opi? Still plagued by injury? Seems to have a bit of an unfortunate track record.

Time to start thinking about the retained list - Conor, Lewis, Little, Wynter, MacDonald would be my only definites to keep, though I wouldn’t be surprised to see Conor and Lewis seeking to move to bigger clubs in the summer 😔
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Bristol_Gull »

PS where has everyone gone? Why is this forum so quiet? Has their been an exodus?
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Thought this was a bog-standard, minimal ambition, end of season mid-table game. Plenty of effort but little quality on display. We had a total of 12 attempts, 8 on target for our one goal but most were tame affairs and their keeper had little serious work to do. The same can be said of McDonald of course. Thought we did well to come back from one-down and almost won it at the death with their only good save denying Danny Wright. Lewis was deservedly MOTM for scoring the equaliser but well done to Wynter for presenting it to him on a plate. Real end-of-term feeling not just on the pitch but among the crowd too.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Eastwood Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Bruce Stuckey

Post by Eastwood Gull »

Come from Nottingham for every game, this one not the best but not the worst either, we are all a family down here,one day Rodney , keep the faith ,don’t matter who goes and who stays, we will always love our team,come on you yellows
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

No one has disappeared but those deluded individuals that until last week were still talking of the playoffs, have suddenly realised what I have said all along, that we had no chance of reaching them.

Although we have enjoyed a fantastic run since Christmas, we were so far behind after our atrocious start to the season. Our playoff hopes were extinguished in the first two or three months of the season.

We look forward to abetter start next season and I feel sure we will be challenging the "money clubs". One thing for sure Oldham and Scunthorpe are in for a shock, if they think this League is easy, with all the time wasting and diabolical referees and even worse linos.
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

North Curry House wrote: 30 Apr 2022, 23:10 No one has disappeared but those deluded individuals that until last week were still talking of the playoffs, have suddenly realised what I have said all along, that we had no chance of reaching them.
I suspect comments like this are why there aren’t many people on the forum nowadays.

How utterly tedious.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

gullsgullsgulls wrote: 01 May 2022, 07:41 I suspect comments like this are why there aren’t many people on the forum nowadays.

How utterly tedious.
I take it you were one of them.
Chrisjb66
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Chrisjb66 »

Eastwood gull and gullgullgull are spot on.How good to read comments from people whose glass is half full rather than half empty.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Chrisjb66 wrote: 01 May 2022, 09:56 Eastwood gull and gullgullgull are spot on.How good to read comments from people whose glass is half full rather than half empty.
:goodpost:

North curry house - moron