Best Three Moments of 2018/19 Season

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Best Three Moments of 2018/19 Season

Post by standupsitdown »

With the new season starting soon I was thinking back to last year’s and the many highlights. What would be your three best moments in the season – not matches but instants in the match?

After some thought mine are –

Ruairi Keating’s injury time winner at East Thurrock – a difficult game and Woking would have had a big advantage over us if we hadn’t won.

Ben Wynter’s late equaliser at Woking – the moment we were fairly sure we’d won the league.

Jake Andrews’ goal v Eastbourne – the moment we knew we’d won the league – and the players’ celebrations showed they knew too.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

35 minutes into the home match vs Concorde Rangers. Janneh's first pro hattrick completed and I was on my way to a loo break when the players huddled at the wall to celebrate; and I just piled on. (With apologies to the steward).
TUST member 200 ;-)
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

You can’t beat the late equaliser against Woking it has to be up there for all time Torquay moments. Fans celebrations were unreal as well.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Losing at home to Chippenham-we must congratulate them as this result saw GJ replace GO.
Agree entirely that late late equaliser at Woking won us the league hypothetically
Eastbourne at home
Lucy
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

1. Owers getting fired.
2. GJ being appointed.
3. Being at the final home game v Hungerford to see the League Trophy presented to us as Champions.
As without the first two, the third wouldnt have happened.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

1: Losing at Bath, made GJ up the anti a but more as it proved that we couldn't & wouldn't coast to the title, we had to up our game & this result made sure we did.

2. The late win at East Thurrock- how so vital were those 3 points. Any other result would've brought Woking back into the frame & given them extra incentive.

3. The Ben Wynter goal at Woking, we were dead & buried at one point with 20 to go , an Armani led performance from the home team ensured GJ got his man & when the equaliser went in you knew their season had imploded , all that effort, game won, pivotal opponents no longer on the pitch & still they ended up looking as if they'd been hammered for 90 . Massive season defining moment .
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

1. Meeting Supes and Bev in Boots & Laces before the Hemel Hempstead home game. The one and only game I watched under dour Owers. Although I didn't go to a game again until the Welling home game, it was Supes that got me to become a Popside regular, again. :nod:

2. Meeting Supes and Bev, again, in the Cider Press the night before the Hungerford home game. :)

3. Being there on the Pop as the Champions lifted the trophy. :bow: :clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Trojan 67 wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 20:42 1. [highlight=yellow]Meeting Supes and Bev in Boots & Laces before the Hemel Hempstead home game. [/highlight]The one and only game I watched under dour Owers. Although I didn't go to a game again until the Welling home game, [highlight=yellow]it was Supes that got me to become a Popside regular, again.[/highlight] :nod:

2. [highlight=yellow]Meeting Supes and Bev, again, in the Cider Press the night before the Hungerford home game[/highlight]. :)

3. Being there on the Pop as the Champions lifted the trophy. :bow: :clap:
:goodpost:

You soppy git................ :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 16 Jul 2019, 14:45

:goodpost:

You soppy git................ :rofl:

:'(

:nod:
Friend of TorquayFans.com