Ajala

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

SG, any truth in the rumour?
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

whats the point in swapping ajala for marsh. we change one good and upcoming player who is doing well for us for another who is coming back and there is no gaurantee that he will work in this system this time round. Is this a backward step or is there something going on in the background we don't know about.
Last edited by Glostergull on 02 Jan 2016, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Agreed. There is no point getting Ajala in if it is at the expense of Marsh. We've lost Yeoman, Spiess, Hurst, Fisher, Heslop and a few youngsters on loan - we need players coming in to add to the core we have. Based on today we have 12/13 at a push players who are good enough for this level, and that's playing with a goalkeeper and 7 defenders in the starting eleven.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

No point commenting on this until such a move is either confirmed or denied, It's a rumour at the moment.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

don't forget not only 7 defenders but getting in each others way too as they may be playing out of position. then inevitably they drift to where they feel comfortable. but what do I know. I have trouble even seeing who is playing with my eysight
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Steve Breed has denied the rumour on BPIR.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

hector wrote:Steve Breed has denied the rumour on BPIR.
Denying the rumour of Ajala coming in or the rumour marsh is part of any deal?.. Or both?

EDIT: Just seen steves post, glad the marsh rumour is rubbish. Did say it will be a busy week so let's hope we can get in the bodies the team so clearly need.

Steves post on BPIR: "I'll put this to bed marsh rumour is total noncence it will be a busy week so bare with us.. thought we did well just ran out of legs however we need some.bodies in its clear to see..."
Jack
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Rudge

Post by Jack »

Bleeper wrote: Denying the rumour of Ajala coming in or the rumour marsh is part of any deal?.. Or both?

EDIT: Just seen steves post, glad the marsh rumour is rubbish. Did say it will be a busy week so let's hope we can get in the bodies the team so clearly need.

Steves post on BPIR: "I'll put this to bed marsh rumour is total noncence it will be a busy week so bare with us.. thought we did well just ran out of legs however we need some.bodies in its clear to see..."
Never say never, Steve

If another Club offered say £10k + 25% add ons for Marsh during the transfer window we would be tempted wouldn't we? I know he is under 24 but I assume he is only contracted until July so money now would be better than uncertainty later.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Well that's encouraging post Jack. Cheers ! Do you sell antiques as the day job...
DaveysBarTab
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: none right now

Post by DaveysBarTab »

Losing marsh would be a disaster. Ajala is nothing great. But will improve us
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Our clubs C.E.O has stated quite clearly that there is no truth in this Ajala-Marsh swap rumour, not sure what else he can do. Of course if any club including Dover come along and make an offer for Marsh that our club simply can not turn down, then something might happen, but every club runs that risk throughout an open transfer window withy their best players.

Really do not see the point of becoming concerned about something that hasn't happened, and might not happen.
Formerly known as forevertufc
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

DaveysBarTab wrote:Losing marsh would be a disaster. Ajala is nothing great. But will improve us
Ajala was one of the best players last season and was given the away player of the year award (which really shouldn't be a thing but hey ho). If he finds similar form and workrate then he will be a very good addition to the team.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Starting today for Dover......
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Richinns wrote:Starting today for Dover......

Heard on the coach yesterday it's sorted and his lodgings are arranged but will believe it when I see it.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Just our luck Ajala managed to get himself booked in a game that was subsequently abandoned. southport win through a penalty. We last had one of those in 1952....