Ajala

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Yellows
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellows »

Jerry wrote: All of the directors are just local business men and women who have invested what I would guess is probably their life savings. They don't have any more to give.

If you and your mate George want to invest in the club just bloody get on and do it without all the crap on here.

In other words...put up or shut up!
Well for the record I do not know who George is but I am intrigued that He knows someone who wants to invest. I here for the purpose of helping the Club stay in this League and not get relegated again. I do this by trying keep all involved Honest that's not say that anyone is being dishonest. Some my get upset because I may touch a few nerves others may say well he has a point. It has already been stated that the original investment by the Shareholders has not been touched and don't forget they had the Club for nothing. Now is the time to INVEST
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

If you want to help the CLUB, posting your drivel on an unofficial fans forum isn't the way to go about it.

Contact the club, offer them your amazing "expertise" and see what happens. My guess is that you will get a polite thanks, but no thanks style response.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Yellows
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellows »

Scott Brehaut wrote:If you want to help the CLUB, posting your drivel on an unofficial fans forum isn't the way to go about it.

Contact the club, offer them your amazing "expertise" and see what happens. My guess is that you will get a polite thanks, but no thanks style response.
May be meanwhile I will do my best where I can
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Richinns wrote:Yell and George (aka Mushroom) are not fans and do not want to invest. They are simply WUM's with an agenda to further destabilise the club in order for their own ill-gotten-gains.

Trouble is - everyone knows it and their little games are doing them no good!

I don't think George and Mushroom are not the same person, however Mushroom (Hugh) is definately interested in just the land.

STIP
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Yells wrote: Well for the record I do not know who George is but I am intrigued that He knows someone who wants to invest. I here for the purpose of helping the Club stay in this League and not get relegated again. I do this by trying keep all involved Honest that's not say that anyone is being dishonest. Some my get upset because I may touch a few nerves others may say well he has a point. It has already been stated that the original investment by the Shareholders has not been touched and don't forget they had the Club for nothing. Now is the time to INVEST
They didn't get the club for nothing as the previous administration left a load of unpaid bills.

I don't know this for fact but I believe that the original investment may have been put up as security to the Conference in order to prove we could fulfill our fixtures. If this is the case then this money isn't available for a spending spree on players.

I have no doubt that the board are doing everything possible to provide Nicho with the funds to bring in some new players.

I will repeat my earlier point to you Yells, if you feel the club needs investment then get your cheque book out. It's very easy to spend other peoples money.
Yellows
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellows »

Jerry wrote: They didn't get the club for nothing as the previous administration left a load of unpaid bills.

I don't know this for fact but I believe that the original investment may have been put up as security to the Conference in order to prove we could fulfill our fixtures. If this is the case then this money isn't available for a spending spree on players.

I have no doubt that the board are doing everything possible to provide Nicho with the funds to bring in some new players.

I will repeat my earlier point to you Yells, if you feel the club needs investment then get your cheque book out. It's very easy to spend other peoples money.
No Bond was put up to the National League as Security, Any Bills left was paid by funds already in the Club on Handover. As a going concern you would expect Debtors and Creditors. We have already be told that the original investment has not been touched. The only issue I see is that Deano wielding the axe on the heavy handed restructure has caused a Liability yet to be determined. If you own the Club like Torquay you must be prepared to invest in the business end ie Players
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

^^ ^ ^ male cow & another word for poo leap to mind.....
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Yellows
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellows »

taxilady wrote:^^ ^ ^ male cow & another word for poo leap to mind.....
Fact :red:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I know as FACT that we had to prove that the club was able to fulfil its fixtures for the season.
I know as FACT that we were hours from becoming non-existant.

The current Board were given a club that had far more outgoing money than incoming money, hence the need to slim down everything and make the tough decisions that should have been made by the previous Board.
The previous Board basically used Thaea as a cash-cow, sucking her dry of all of the money that they could, with little in the way of a business plan/model. The club was sinking quicker than the Titanic, and was only afloat due to the money received by Thaea.

Whilst I'm sure the current Board/owners had an idea of the sort of mess the club was in, I know that when they started to scratch beneath the surface, they discovered that things were worse than even they could have imagined.
If it wasn't for this current Board, we wouldn't even have a club to support (especially given the vultures that were hanging around, hoping for easy pickings), and whilst they may make mistakes (that we can little afford to have), we should also be thanking them for taking on this mess of a club in the first place.

It's all well and good asking the board to invest in the playing squad (and I've no doubts that they are fully aware of that too), but Nico has only been in the job for five minutes, and transfers, be it permanent or loan, cost money of some sort.
We have an excellent scout working for us now in John Milton - lets not forget that it was he that was pulling the strings during the managerial reign of Paul Buckle, and it was he suggesting the players - and I'm sure that he has already identified players for Nico to bring in that hopefully won't break the bank.

STIP
Yellows
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellows »

Scott Brehaut wrote:I know as FACT that we had to prove that the club was able to fulfil its fixtures for the season.
I know as FACT that we were hours from becoming non-existant.

The current Board were given a club that had far more outgoing money than incoming money, hence the need to slim down everything and make the tough decisions that should have been made by the previous Board.
The previous Board basically used Thaea as a cash-cow, sucking her dry of all of the money that they could, with little in the way of a business plan/model. The club was sinking quicker than the Titanic, and was only afloat due to the money received by Thaea.

Whilst I'm sure the current Board/owners had an idea of the sort of mess the club was in, I know that when they started to scratch beneath the surface, they discovered that things were worse than even they could have imagined.
If it wasn't for this current Board, we wouldn't even have a club to support (especially given the vultures that were hanging around, hoping for easy pickings), and whilst they may make mistakes (that we can little afford to have), we should also be thanking them for taking on this mess of a club in the first place.

It's all well and good asking the board to invest in the playing squad (and I've no doubts that they are fully aware of that too), but Nico has only been in the job for five minutes, and transfers, be it permanent or loan, cost money of some sort.
We have an excellent scout working for us now in John Milton - lets not forget that it was he that was pulling the strings during the managerial reign of Paul Buckle, and it was he suggesting the players - and I'm sure that he has already identified players for Nico to bring in that hopefully won't break the bank.
No we were not hours away far from it and that is a fact . Yes you had to prove that the Club could fulfil its fixtures. I think you have to thank Bill Philips for that. But no money or bond was given to the National League and that my point. Thea paid for her mistakes as did a few others by writing off their loans. I understand what you are say on Nico but the reality is that this place is no place for a Novice Manager but I will support him. New experience Players are needed now, the longer we leave it the harder it will be. That is the reality
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

Yells, is your name Bill by any chance?
To the dotted line, We're on our way
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Scott Brehaut wrote: I don't think George and Mushroom are not the same person, however Mushroom (Hugh) is definately interested in just the land.
I don't think George and Mushroom are the same person either, however, I'm 95% certain that Yells and George are the same poster.

Added in 7 minutes 50 seconds:
Posted by George

Im not stirring anything and all Im doing is putting a reasonable point across. Where will Torquay United be in five years time? With Paul cox at the helm the plan was easy to understand but Now its not. What if the worst comes to the worst and the club gets relegated this season. Whats the plan in ...

posted by Yells

What nonsense. The Board didn't want to throw good money after bad, which is what the previous Board were doing (well Mrs Bristow anyway) and, rightly, restructured the club to ensure that it could operate within its means. Investing in the club structure the way it was is what got us into this mes...

Note the similarity, go back through the posts of both usernames, it's almost like their twins. ?
Last edited by Dave on 08 Oct 2015, 16:26, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Yells wrote: No we were not hours away far from it and that is a fact . Yes you had to prove that the Club could fulfil its fixtures. I think you have to thank Bill Philips for that. But no money or bond was given to the National League and that my point. Thea paid for her mistakes as did a few others by writing off their loans. I understand what you are say on Nico but the reality is that this place is no place for a Novice Manager but I will support him. New experience Players are needed now, the longer we leave it the harder it will be. That is the reality

Make up your mind - it's either "you" or "we" - are you a fan or not?

Look, I've been told by two different people that we were hours from being non-existant. Their source is within the club and neither they or I doubt this information.
If you've been told differently, and the source isn't at the club, then I'm afraid that your info is probably incorrect. Of course, if you think that your info is 100% then fine, it's semantics now anyway, as that has passed, the club exists and we try and move on as best we can - together as one (hopefully ignoring all the misinformed vultures along the way)

STIP
Yellows
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellows »

Scott Brehaut wrote:

Make up your mind - it's either "you" or "we" - are you a fan or not?

Look, I've been told by two different people that we were hours from being non-existant. Their source is within the club and neither they or I doubt this information.
If you've been told differently, and the source isn't at the club, then I'm afraid that your info is probably incorrect. Of course, if you think that your info is 100% then fine, it's semantics now anyway, as that has passed, the club exists and we try and move on as best we can - together as one (hopefully ignoring all the misinformed vultures along the way)
Yes it make no difference now. but I know my version is correct. The point is that if the existing Shareholders own the Club and it comes with responsibilities and high expectations that needs to be managed. The very least one is remaining in this League and frankly we are not doing enough now. We need Players now and Nico needs support now we simply cannot afford to keep losing 3pts.
johnsonfairlight69
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Spiess

Post by johnsonfairlight69 »

Ajala on his way in, Marsh and Hurst heading out.