Ajala

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

johnsonfairlight69 wrote:Hi Dover fan in peace. Ajala is not under contract and you wouldn't be entitled to a penny. We had the same thing with Connor Essam this summer and only got 5k from Leyton Orient so even is he was under contract 20k is pie in the sky. Seems either your club or paper is getting dud info from Somewhere. On a side note. You were the best side we have played this season going forward but at the back and in goal the worst Mcdonald aside. Hope you stay up as love Torquay. Also you're skint so why are you giving 200 quid away for hitting the bar at half time and why so many ground staff ?

All the best

Added in 2 minutes 8 seconds:
Groundsman staff that should read too.

Added in 4 minutes 27 seconds:

The crossbar challenge money is (I believe) taken from the proceeds of the 50-50 draw and is actually only £25 per game which rolls over if it isn't won. Our fans are clearly as talented as the team as it hadn't been won for a while which is why the prize had reached £200.

Fair play to Dover who brought down a lot more fans than I was expecting on a Tuesday night.
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

I've a feeling that johnsonfairlight69 is referring to the crossbar, rather than to a bar where beer is served :)
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Oh and Ajala did clap the Torquay fans before kick off. Can't blame him for staying away afterwards after the abuse he got.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Alpine Joe wrote:I've a feeling that johnsonfairlight69 is referring to the crossbar, rather than to a bar where beer is served :)

:lol: yes, just re-read his post, been on run of long night shifts, should have woken up properly first.. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

johnsonfairlight69 wrote:Hi Dover fan in peace. Ajala is not under contract and you wouldn't be entitled to a penny. We had the same thing with Connor Essam this summer and only got 5k from Leyton Orient so even is he was under contract 20k is pie in the sky. Seems either your club or paper is getting dud info from Somewhere. On a side note. You were the best side we have played this season going forward but at the back and in goal the worst Mcdonald aside. Hope you stay up as love Torquay. Also you're skint so why are you giving 200 quid away for hitting the bar at half time and why so many ground staff ?

All the best

Added in 2 minutes 8 seconds:

Added in 4 minutes 27 seconds:
As for Ajala, we are entitled to something I think as he was under 24 when he left us and we had offered him a new contract.

£20,000 is just a ridiculous figure though. Can't see how it can be more than £5,000.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

So why are we not entitled to any compensation? Because he's on a non-contract?
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

johnsonfairlight69 wrote: Hi Dover fan in peace. Ajala is not under contract and you wouldn't be entitled to a penny.
Ah - that puts a different light on the story. There are usually two sides to every story. Ajala joined Dover at the beginning of September on a non-contract basis. Therefore, we were not due compensation as he hasn't signed a contract. He reached age 24 on Sept 27th. If Dover now decide to offer him a contract, we still won't be due compensation because he is now over 24. No loophole. Case dismissed.

And if anyone bleats, we would have done exactly the same. At least, if we had any financial nous, we would have.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

tomogull wrote: Ah - that puts a different light on the story. There are usually two sides to every story. Ajala joined Dover at the beginning of September on a non-contract basis. Therefore, we were not due compensation as he hasn't signed a contract. He reached age 24 on Sept 27th. If Dover now decide to offer him a contract, we still won't be due compensation because he is now over 24. No loophole. Case dismissed.

And if anyone bleats, we would have done exactly the same. At least, if we had any financial nous, we would have.
He was under 24 whilst still under contract with us so I still reckon we would be due something if they do offer him a contract (although why would they if it would cost them a compensation sum?).
eddyh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by eddyh »

I really think this is just a distraction. Let's be honest he was OK but we've let a lot better go for nothing and will do again. Move on, forget it and concentrate on trying to rescue something from this nightmare season. Any talk of 20k was frankly ridiculous.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

All depends on what actually happened at the end of his contract.

I presume we offered him the same/better terms. Ajala is then obliged to r3spond in writing to the offer. If he doesn't, we can stop paying him and keep our compensation rights.

However, if Ajala wrote to the club refusing the terms, we have to keep paying him his basic wage after his contract expires to retain the right to compensation. If we don't, he is free to sign for anyone without a fee payable (unless we can prove he's turned down other offers of employment similar to the terms we've offered,when we can stop paying him).

The regulations are pretty clear, I think, so I hope the club know them!
Yellows
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellows »

Kit_robin wrote:All depends on what actually happened at the end of his contract.

I presume we offered him the same/better terms. Ajala is then obliged to r3spond in writing to the offer. If he doesn't, we can stop paying him and keep our compensation rights.

However, if Ajala wrote to the club refusing the terms, we have to keep paying him his basic wage after his contract expires to retain the right to compensation. If we don't, he is free to sign for anyone without a fee payable (unless we can prove he's turned down other offers of employment similar to the terms we've offered,when we can stop paying him).

The regulations are pretty clear, I think, so I hope the club know them!
Here is the part of the problem. We are short on the ground in the expertise field, Buying and Selling of Players, Contracts etc is a skill. Players, Managers are Assets at this level of Football not Liabilities. Not to be Stripped! INVEST TO WIN
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Yells wrote: Here is the part of the problem. We are short on the ground in the expertise field, Buying and Selling of Players, Contracts etc is a skill. Players, Managers are Assets at this level of Football not Liabilities. Not to be Stripped! INVEST TO WIN
All of the directors are just local business men and women who have invested what I would guess is probably their life savings. They don't have any more to give.

If you and your mate George want to invest in the club just bloody get on and do it without all the crap on here.

In other words...put up or shut up!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Yell and George (aka Mushroom) are not fans and do not want to invest. They are simply WUM's with an agenda to further destabilise the club in order for their own ill-gotten-gains.

Trouble is - everyone knows it and their little games are doing them no good!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Perhaps we need to go back to my post at the top of this page and click the link. Think it's pretty clear Dover feel under the regulations they do not owe our club any money, think it's clear they've met with our club over the matter, and Dover are drawing a line under it.

If Dover do owe us money under the regulations then our club will peruse it, if Dover don't owe us any money our club will close this matter also.