Shepherd Murombedzi.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Stevie_RitchTea
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruairi Keating

Post by Stevie_RitchTea »

Southampton Gull wrote:
Good, that's one more miserable bastard we won't have to listen to.

:lol: :goodpost:
TUST Member 405
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

I think a lot of the fanbase is totally bewildered by this week's events. Two days ago Shep (Dave) was being praised up on the OS as a player of the future; now he's gone.A couple of weeks ago our CEO was denying rumours that Tyrone was leaving in a swap for Kadell Daniel; the fans thought that that meant that Tyrone was staying. It isn't the matter of the quality of the players that have left that is worrying; it just feels like there's been some sort of revolution on the training pitch & we're getting a mass exodus that we weren't expecting. We're not even sure who's left, & whether we've got enough in the squad left to play Tranmere; indeed, have we got enough players who aren't cup-tied left to play against Macclesfield ?
It's fine saying goodbye to some of the fans who are moaning, but we still need quite a few of them to turn up on matchdays !!!!
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

royalgull wrote:Squad management

If you include Finch we can literally just name a full 'squad' for Saturday.
You can forget Finch, there is no way he will travel that far! =D

Added in 13 minutes 49 seconds:
taxilady wrote:I think a lot of the fanbase is totally bewildered by this week's events. Two days ago Shep (Dave) was being praised up on the OS as a player of the future; now he's gone.A couple of weeks ago our CEO was denying rumours that Tyrone was leaving in a swap for Kadell Daniel; the fans thought that that meant that Tyrone was staying. It isn't the matter of the quality of the players that have left that is worrying; it just feels like there's been some sort of revolution on the training pitch & we're getting a mass exodus that we weren't expecting. We're not even sure who's left, & whether we've got enough in the squad left to play Tranmere; indeed, have we got enough players who aren't cup-tied left to play against Macclesfield ?
It's fine saying goodbye to some of the fans who are moaning, but we still need quite a few of them to turn up on matchdays !!!!
Have to agree with all you say there Nina. Some very confusing decisions being made at the moment - one minute Murembedzi is being lauded, the next he is out the door; then we hear that Sam Chaney is going to be the next Eunan O'Kane (really????) - what's the betting he is the next out of the door =D

Nicho then says he is ok with Marsh going, 'cos it's not like he is scoring one in every two ...

"If I was getting rid of players who had scored one goal every two games, I could certainly understand the fans' frustration."

No, quite right Nicho - he isn't, he has been doing better than that under you ! :Oops: Doh! He has actually scored 5 in 7 starts (+3 subs) under Nicho in the League - it's comments like that that, quite frankly, make him seem rather stupid (schoolboy error) - you would surely, at the very least, expect the Manager to know stuff like that - obviously not - but just plain embarassing and I am quite surprised that the Herald didn't pick him up on it!

Perhaps the Manager, would like to clear this "confusion" up????
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Southampton Gull wrote:
Good, that's one more miserable bastard we won't have to listen to.
When it's just you and ten other fans watching Western League football you'll miss listening to us miserable bastards who dare call out the appalling management of this club ever since Cox left.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

At least we'll be cheering the team on and not whining like bitches.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Southampton Gull wrote:At least we'll be cheering the team on and not whining like bitches.
Not sure why I should have to cheer for a manager that has been a disaster and a board that has only been slightly better - Steve breed aside. If we continue cheering they'll think we're happy with what is happening. It's delusional at best and damaging for the club at worst. It took Man Utd fans until last weekend to start booing, it's nearly our time.

We should not be struggling to put together a squad when we have the 8/9th highest attendance in the league, which would be even higher if we were actually competitive. The fans do not deserve this.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Dave/SG

We have agreed on so many things over the years, but I'm sorry mate but I cannot agree with you on this one.

I also know eddyh, I even played (tried to!) football with him many, many years ago - he is a long standing ( 30+ years at least) and he Is as passionate about our team as you, or I.

Like you, I so wanted this ( a bunch of TUFC fans running the club) to work, but when you look at all the evidence, it just hasn't worked out. YES, they inherited some problems, YES we should be grateful for saving the club .... BUT the reality is that since they took over they have made some really, really poor decisions - whatever your point of view! I am not going to detail all their poor decisions, quite frankly because it is out there for all to see - I only wish it could have turned out better, but quite clearly it hasn't and the future looks even bleaker. :-/

Mate, stuff my personal pride, I really don't care! I just bleddy well hope that you are right and that all of these "moves" are for the best for the club - after all that is what we ALL wasn't ... otherwise we wouldn't be here on this fantastic forum! :)
Last edited by CP Gull on 28 Jan 2016, 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Two days ago, the headline on the club website was "Shepherd making strides"

Read the article now and try to understand how it goes from that to him leaving inside 48 hours.........

Shep had "personal targets" that he wanted to keep to himself..............I'm guessing he achieved his target faster than even he expected.......
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Burnhamgull wrote:Two days ago, the headline on the club website was "Shepherd making strides"

Read the article now and try to understand how it goes from that to him leaving inside 48 hours.........

Shep had "personal targets" that he wanted to keep to himself..............I'm guessing he achieved his target faster than even he expected.......

Was just about to write the exact same thing! The article looks pretty bloody stupid now as does the manager's comments about fans frustrations.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

DevonYellow wrote:
Was just about to write the exact same thing! The article looks pretty bloody stupid now as does the manager's comments about fans frustrations.
It makes the club look stupid because they must have known two days ago that he was going to leave so why put it on the website?

Staggering.....

Added in 1 minute 46 seconds:
My favourite quote is "There’s a real togetherness"...............then him and two colleagues jumped ship inside two days........

:lol: :lol: :lol:
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

No. It looks pretty stupid that its still there. Hence the word "now".

Unbelievable...
eddyh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by eddyh »

Thanks Chris. Given the current shambles,I'm not giving up on both of us getting a run out at plainmoor just yet as it seems professional footballers are far too high maintenance for our dreadful manager. The comment about free agents is laughable. It should have read -

"I've blown my 5 loanees now so now I need to scour the job centre for unemployed dross. Luckily I can sign that dross after Monday so happy days"

Dave. - I am sure the club will thrive on gates of a few hundred happy clappers so good luck. To be honest the club is now so poorly run and the football so bad that it may have well not exist. What level do we need to stoop to before it's got beyond a joke for you?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I'll always support my club. If they end up playing in the South Devon League they'll still be the club I support.

I guess because I'm aware of some of the moves the club are making with regards to recruitment I'm not unhappy to see the backs of players who have proved all season long they aren't good enough or can be relied upon to act as professionals. Just because a player leaves it doesn't mean there isn't a strategy to see through, it just doesn't happen overnight. Breed and Phillips will be hurting as much as all of us but instead of giving up they are working non-stop to give us the best chance possible to beat the drop. The least we can do is support them when they need us the most.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

Southampton Gull wrote:
I guess because I'm aware of some of the moves the club are making with regards to recruitment I'm not unhappy to see the backs of players who have proved all season long they aren't good enough or can be relied upon to act as professionals. Just because a player leaves it doesn't mean there isn't a strategy to see through, it just doesn't happen overnight. Breed and Phillips will be hurting as much as all of us but instead of giving up they are working non-stop to give us the best chance possible to beat the drop.
In a nutshell this might be why you dont understand the frustrations of many long time supporters. You are close to the regime, you are aware of things happening. Well we are not and the communication from the club is frankly poor. Is it any wonder when the Chairman hasnt spoken for months and all we see is a steady draining of the playing squad that we are worried for the future of the club we love.
When people like CP Gull, one of this sites most respected and sensible posters feels the need to question then maybe its time to take notice. I support Torquay United . Support for custodians is conditional on them doing the right thing by the club and its long history of professional football.
Hopefully as you say things will happen in the next few days to put our minds at ease as one thing is for certain, without reinforcements we are going down.
Tust member 191
eddyh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by eddyh »

Dave. I don't dispute for one moment that they are hurting and want to improve things. My problem is that they have not showed the capability to do so and given the one big defining moment of appointing a manager they screwed it up. Surely you have to acknowledge that it was a massive gamble at best and stupidity at worst. I hope you are right as I truly want to see a club that is copetitive again but nothing I have seen leads me to believe it's possible.
New players basically have to come from the dole queue and I'm not sure that they are going to be promotion standard as that is now the form we need.
I have no ill will to you or any other supporter who wishes to think more positively than me but right now I don't enjoy going to plainmoor and I'm old enough to know that doing things you don't enjoy in the precious time we have ain't that sensible.