Sack The Board!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Anyone but McNeil

Sack The Board!

Post by DTG »

Clearly the idiot in charge has steered our ship on to the rocks. We have some fantastic Board members and then you have the twats! It's time we rid ourselves of the monkey in charge (but he's working for free but costing us a fortune!). I have never witnessed such incompetence.
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

:goodpost: :clap: :bow:

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

Totally agreed. For the life of me I can't understand how we have got into this position - it is quite simply unthinkable given what the situation was when the board took over. I can't fathom how so called 'fans' at the top could have allowed this. Yes the situation with Ling was unfortunate and yes we have no money but the writing seems to have been on the wall for a long time. Like others have said it sounds like the actions or one or two are to blame. I hope they are proud to be sending us to the point of no return. Enjoy entering the hall of fame with Mike Bateson and Chris Roberts - you have truly earnt it.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

taunton_gull wrote:Totally agreed. For the life of me I can't understand how we have got into this position - it is quite simply unthinkable given what the situation was when the board took over. I can't fathom how so called 'fans' at the top could have allowed this. Yes the situation with Ling was unfortunate and yes we have no money but the writing seems to have been on the wall for a long time. Like others have said it sounds like the actions or one or two are to blame. I hope they are proud to be sending us to the point of no return. Enjoy entering the hall of fame with Mike Bateson and Chris Roberts - you have truly earnt it.
After NYD against Wimbledon I considered a relegation battle, but then laughed it off. It's been nagging away at me since, even after we won at City and now I think I'd be more surprised if we stay up, rather than drop. Whatever happens, there will be questions that will need answering.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Eh?
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by DTG »

I think you'll find that Employment Law prohibits that. Unless of course the Idiot in charge has sunk to new levels of stupidity!
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

DTG wrote:I think you'll find that Employment Law prohibits that. Unless of course the Idiot in charge has sunk to new levels of stupidity!
I think you might find that someone else sank to a new level of stupidity.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
The Farmers Friend
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by The Farmers Friend »

DTG wrote:I have never witnessed such incompetence.
Have you moved back to England then?
budleigh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by budleigh »

I heard a steward say it to a fan. Don't shoot the messenger!
If a steward told it to a fan then it must be true then!!
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

yellowsmiffy wrote:Well it seems Martin Ling has been sacked
There might be something to the rumours going around that Martin Ling has parted company with the club. An Oxford-supporting mate who was at the match yesterday said he saw Martin getting into a car outside of the Londis on Warbro Road. He found it odd that he hadn't parked at the club. Maybe he was at the club for talks?
TUST member 203
budleigh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by budleigh »

A lot of people in Plainmoor were talking about it.
Crikey, that steward must've been talking to a lot of people then...
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

divingbboy wrote: There might be something to the rumours going around that Martin Ling has parted company with the club. An Oxford-supporting mate who was at the match yesterday said he saw Martin getting into a car outside of the Londis on Warbro Road. He found it odd that he hadn't parked at the club. Maybe he was at the club for talks?
Well, I wonder if he was there yesterday.

I think I might have seen him myself as I thought I saw him driving a car at Hele Roundabout yesterday an hour or so before the game. At the time, I thought it couldn't be him but given the above perhaps it was... it certainly looked like him.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

CP Gull wrote:
Well, I wonder if he was there yesterday.

I think I might have seen him myself as I thought I saw him driving a car at Hele Roundabout yesterday an hour or so before the game. At the time, I thought it couldn't be him but given the above perhaps it was... it certainly looked like him.
Well, he obviously didn't watch the match, because he would've been easily spotted in the stands, but my mate was certain that it was Ling he spotted outside of Londis. So, if he wasn't there to watch the match, that begs the question of why he was there.
TUST member 203
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by DTG »

[/quote]

Have you moved back to England then?[/quote]

Why would I have to move back to england to see the patently obvious. It was clear 5 years ago the Board were clueless when it comes to Marketing and nothing has changed. I witnessed it for myself in september. The Ratneresque leadership skills of the head man are there for all to judge. Time after time they have wasted fantastic (pun intended) opportunities to cash in on the feelgood factor that any O level student would be embarrassed to have missed.. Over the last few years I have sent in numerous simple marketing ideas, not re-inventing the wheel ones, basic stuff that any business man worth his salt wouldn't need telling. And there's the problem. What successful businesses have these people run? Lawyers and Accountants! I believe some of them even have hospitality experience so what feckin excuse have they got?! What saddens me the most is that this was all so avoidable and completely predictable. They are all responsible because they have either sat back and let this happen or didn't have the businees skills to recognise a feckin iceberg when they see one!

Incidently, from an HR perspective. It's really not a good idea to tell your employees that they are mostly going to be cleared out in a couple of months repeatedly and then rely on them to die for the cause. Tends to affect their morale a tad......just saying.
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!