Defeatism will get us nowhere.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

royalgull wrote:Fancy going to Accrington v Torquay?

"I'd rather spend an evening on top of a stepladder in No Man's Land smoking endless cigarettes through a luminous balaclava"
If i may round up the Blackadder quotes with one that couldn't be more appropriate.

We are in the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun :lol:

And yeah, i fancy going Accy v Torquay. I'll be there, no idea why but i'm going and hoping for a miracle. :scarf:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

austrainandygull earlier shortly after confirming he wants to go to Accy v Torquay, 'Wibble'
Attachments
pants_396x222.jpg
pants_396x222.jpg (17.79 KiB) Viewed 616 times
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

:rofl:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

ROADRUNNER wrote:some of the crtisicm aimed at players from people on the popside was discraceful, i was embarressed to be amongst these morons, and the t-at along from me who shouted to alan knill calling him a w-nker needs to take a long hard look at himself in the mirror this morning, im ashamed to be a torquay fan today, not because the team is not doing well, its because the morons i have to stand next to in these sad times. get a life you idiots or piss off up the road and support someone else, TORQUAY TIL I DIE! :@
I could hear people shouting abuse on the internet radio. It wasn't one or two, it was a lot. Why do we do that? Why can get behind the team and push them on?
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

hector wrote:The club have a simple choice - invest or go down.

Comparisons were drawn with Macclesfield when we were still 12 points ahead of the drop zone with games in hand just after Christmas. It was plain back then what could happen and I would make us favourites to be relegated with the position we are in and the form we are displaying.

And what a waste if we do. What a squandering of that was done to rebuild this club, if we fall again because that will be it. So many, I should imagine would turn their back on the club and not be prepared to endure non-league football again that the club will just sink. This is almost more worrying that the season under Roberts because then you could almost understand why it happened and just appreciated the chance of a new start once he and Bateson went. This would just be so terribly tragic if what felt like a progressive club fell into the abyss again.
Spot on, hector. I marvel at Ben's continued spirit and commitment, and pray Knill can make the changes in tactics and personnel to save us, but it's difficult to be optimistic and to ignore the evidence of our results and performances over the last four months.

I think so many are downbeat and lacking the stomach to fight our current plight because there's no-one to vent fury at, like in the case of Roberts and the pantomime villain Bateson. Instead, we have a board supposedly comprising the most able and loyal custodians of our - and their - club. Despite their best efforts and intentions to safeguard our future and build for a brighter one, we still look increasingly likely to be relegated. It would indeed be tragic if Bristow's Bench comes to be looked upon as the financial burden that cost us our Football League status, rather than the proud symbol of our revival.
The Farmers Friend
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by The Farmers Friend »

I've supported the club since the dawn of time, through seven world wars etc. etc. and the only player I've ever shouted anything less than encouragement at is Benyon. Chiefly because, Gulls shirt or not, he's a diver and a whinger. I had an outburst at him after one of his dives last night, but otherwise I stick to encouragement or silent stoicism. Digressing slightly, but it always annoys me that Lee Andrews was given so much grief and is so remembered when at least he was a trier who didn't try and hide, unlike all those forgotten lightweights in that terrible side.

In a small crowd the moaners and abusive types stand out more, and for some reason they tend to be the type who come rain or shine. There's a poisonous, rat-faced bloke who stands near me on the Popside. He never even claps when we score - regardless of how well we're doing. He had plenty to say last night, and you can see he sort of revels in it. When we beat Wimbledon 4-0 last season he looked furious - ruined his evening...
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

The Farmers Friend wrote:When we beat Wimbledon 4-0 last season he looked furious - ruined his evening...
He probably puts money on us losing!
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Bloggy wrote:He probably puts money on us losing!
Or getting relegated...
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"