Who's lost hope?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

lucy6lucy wrote:
Funny how you agree we are sh*t, but lock my thread that also agrees we are sh*t. Danny you need to make your mind up

I've removed the thread and support the action Danny took along with his reasons for doing so.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

That's a bit unfair Dave, i'm just having my view on the situation which clearly you think there is another reason for our decline. That's fine. I'm not directly saying anything derogatory about Ling as a man but anyway,i don't wish to get involved in any arguments as things are getting heated as it is. Like i said before, i don't know how serious Lings illness is or indeed how long he has been suffering from whatever it is but i do wish him all the best as a person and dearly hope he makes a full and swift recovery.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

No Andy, you're being unfair.
Dave

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

i dont think andy is being unfair dave.

he is basing his opinion on the football that he himself has witnessed since october - not on the fact that martin ling has a serious illness.

and of course he isnt privvy to any inside information that maybe available.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

You're all talking like we're stuck at the root of the table. We're on an awful run and are now heavily involved in the relegation battle but we are in no way already down! We're not even in the relegation zone and haven't been in that dreaded zone all season (?)!

We have a player in the who is in the top 5 scorers. Teams around us would kill for that kind of threat! I think we'll be okay. I remain hopeful.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

It's looking bleak. Accrington is a MASSIVE game on Saturday and like Ben I will be there. We need to back the team and get behind them at this vital stage of the season. I'm a pessimist at the best of times so I cant see us getting out of it. But I like to be proved wrong and I'm hoping I am on this occasion.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

austrianandygull wrote:Lost hope in October when Ling decided not to try and win football matches anymore.
That quote is unfair, period.

I could go into a dozen reasons why it's unfair but any sane person can see it for himself.
Dave

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

stevegull wrote:You're all talking like we're stuck at the root of the table. We're on an awful run and are now heavily involved in the relegation battle but we are in no way already down! We're not even in the relegation zone and haven't been in that dreaded zone all season (?)!

We have a player in the who is in the top 5 scorers. Teams around us would kill for that kind of threat! I think we'll be okay. I remain hopeful.
im with you on this one steve!! :clap:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

Keep it civil, all.

That is all.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

bengull wrote:It's grim but I refuse to give up hope until its mathematically impossible for us to survive. If you've lost hope you are better off staying at home because your dissenting voices are no good to the fans who still want to believe, or to the players who still have 12 games to turn it around.

Baffling decisions tonight but abusing the 11 on the pitch isn't going to help. It's worrying, but nowhere near fatal.

I will be at Accrington.

As you know Ben, i fully respect and admire you for your total dedication to the cause no matter what is thrown your way but i cannot be at Accrington to join you even if i was 100% better. In my own funny world i just do not feel that the players deserve continued support, we've done that together in many games this season and it has no effect. Obviously i stop short of shouting anything negative at players on the pitch but there comes a point, again, in my funny old world where the players must respond to the positive support after all they are receiving payment. If we put in a really improved positive, attacking performance at Accrington and take the game to them then i will probably go to some of the other remaining away games but until i have seen that the players deserve our support and actually appreciate it then i cannot go and watch another no show.

Probably that makes me not a 'true' fan in the eyes of the football puritans and die hards who go week in week out regardless like you but so be it. The players at some point have a responsibility and duty to prove that they should be getting paid every week. The world is not ideal and again, in my world i find it unacceptable that professional sportsmen could be so consistently poor. I don't ask for much just for the players and management to respect the people that pay their wages and show them some committment and passion and that they appreciate our support. Anyone can clap the fans after the game has finished after another dismal defeat and go back into the safety of the changing rooms, that means nothing to me as a fan ( was gonna say oh vienna then! :lol: ).

I don't have any answers or solutions but i do know that trust, respect and total support have to be earned and many of the players just haven't achieved that status this season. Until they prove they are genuinely up for the battle by a total transformation in performance at Accrington then i don't see why we should pay any more money to watch.

I know you will disagree with me Ben and that is fine mate, we're opposites and i completely respect your way of doing things.

Just relax peoples. ;-)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

Good posting Andy. I'm glad you are telling people to relax and not the other way around!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

stevegull wrote:Good posting Andy. I'm glad you are telling people to relax and not the other way around!
its cos hes not feeling well steve........... 8/ =D

TUST Member 468

Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

stevegull wrote:You're all talking like we're stuck at the root of the table. We're on an awful run and are now heavily involved in the relegation battle but we are in no way already down! We're not even in the relegation zone and haven't been in that dreaded zone all season (?)!

Whilst you are, of course, quite correct Steve, anyone who was at tonight's game would confirm that there is absolutely no belief in the team. Even when they are winning as tonight they seem resigned to the fact that they won't hold the lead - I guess because they have lost so many winning positions this season.

There is usually one side which tumbles down the league into relegation each year and I fear that we are that team this year.

We can't even change our manager to try and avert disaster like all the other contenders. His interim replacement seems just as incapable of changing things as ML. Contrast his performance with that of Ainsworth who had the courage to bring himself on and then went about changing the whole complexion of the game by directing all their best attacks down their right wing against our weakest links - Nicho and McDonald.

I confess that tonight's display has knocked all the optimism out of me - it was so spineless it was breathtaking. Strangely though it is quite calming when one accepts the reality of our position - I am preparing myself for another period of non-league football. Perhaps that will mean more goals, more open football, more trips to Wembley!!!!
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

Bah humbug to all the pessimists on here! I bring no reasons to the forum why we should avoid relegation; I'm just still hoping! What is the point of being a supporter if there's no hope? Why did I drive 200 miles (rapidly) tonight to get to the game? Because it's still mathmatically possible to stay up , that's why! COYY.....pretty please? I know it's boring, frustrating, the whole works; but each time I watch, I just think there's got to be a turning point,because I have seen these players producing entertaining football...just not often enough, & not particularly recently!
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
HeavenAndHele
First Regular
First Regular

Post by HeavenAndHele »

As bengull says there's hope until it's mathematically impossible to recover. Even if we're two points inside the relegation zone five minutes before the end of the last game there's still hope. I'm not being blindly optimistic - I'm worried, but I don't intend losing hope until the final whistle on April the 27th.