To cheer us up in a time of doom...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Can't see the board even entertaining the idea of him returning, given the circumstances in which he departed.[/quote]

The same guy who took us out the bsp and got us to a league 2 play off final. knows the club and knows some of the players. Why wouldn't they think he's perfect on a short deal considering he still lives in the south west.

All that's gone on in the past granted wouldn't be great but we need a short term fix and stay in the league.

Still I expect someone to be announced soon.
njgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by njgull »

Official TUFC twitter account just tweeted about this. I find that...interesting.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

tufcbrett wrote:Can't see the board even entertaining the idea of him returning, given the circumstances in which he departed.
The same guy who took us out the bsp and got us to a league 2 play off final. knows the club and knows some of the players. Why wouldn't they think he's perfect on a short deal considering he still lives in the south west.

All that's gone on in the past granted wouldn't be great but we need a short term fix and stay in the league.

Still I expect someone to be announced soon.[/quote]

I actually think you're right, but I always got the impression that he well and truly burned his bridges with the club.
TUST member 203
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

The timing is very interesting but somehow you would think that Luton is a bigger and better job than TUFC in terms of potential and long-term realising of ambitions. However, it is probably a coincidence. Not sure I would want Buckle back. His record since departing has not been great.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Paul Buckle is not a good manager. The only aspect he is good at is spending money - and he built some good squads here. But his tactical ability, use of substituitions and man management is poor. His response to any problem is to spend more money on a player on loan.

When we went 8 games without a win last year Martin Ling trusted the squad he built and turned it around. We were rewarded with a great run of form and nearly promotion.

Since doing the dirty on us, he has failed miserably at both Bristol Rovers and Luton despite having huge sums of money and carte blanche to sign his own players.

Going from Martin Ling to Paul Buckle would be horrific. I'd rather have no manager.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

A lot of managers do well a different clubs doesnt mean there rubbish. Look at any league and your find managers that do well at some and not at others. Even our very own Mr Ling did well at Orient, not so good at Cambridge and doing alright with us.

Granted doing well at one club doesn't mean your goodeither. Everyone is shouting for attacking football which buckles does.

End of the day who ever the manager is, hated by us or not. Its the manager and as long as we stay up I couldn't care less who's in charge, as long as we get the results to keep us up.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

tufcbrett wrote: End of the day who ever the manager is, hated by us or not. Its the manager and as long as we stay up I couldn't care less who's in charge, as long as we get the results to keep us up.
I draw the line at Steve Evans......................
TUST member 203
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Guys leaving a club mutual consent does not in any mean he Paul Buckle quit the club of his own back, it means he was effectively sacked, but given the option to walk away clean and with his head held high, and he Paul Buckle took that option.

This does not surprise me one bit, after Luton beat Norwich the Luton chairman was interviewed and quite clearly said Luton's one, main and only priority was promotion back to the football league, it has become clear that they are to far behind to win the league and are slipping away from the play-off zone, so Luton clearly have decided a change was needed and "leaving the club by mutual consent" suited all parties.

As for him coming back here, it would be wrong to suggest Buckle fell out with all the board, but as one director said to me in person not long after he left "Buckle did us no favours" Would he be welcome, by the board maybe, by the fans in general, NO. Could be a bad move on our part and time is not on our side.
Formerly known as forevertufc
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

After tonights result against Aldershot, I'd happily have Buckle here in a flash.
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

What about Allan knill ex dale and scunny or Glenn hoddle
torquay nerd
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: richard hancock

Post by torquay nerd »

hmm do you mean Glen Hoddle or Alan Knill of recent Scunthorpe. now thats good information if thats true. A dickie bird has just told me that there will be an anouncement in the morning.
Last edited by torquay nerd on 19 Feb 2013, 22:55, edited 1 time in total.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

torquay nerd wrote:hmm do you mean Glen Hoddle or Alan Knill of recent !@?&. now thats good information if thats true. A dickie bird has just me that there will be an anouncement in the morning.

Tell us then TN. I don't speak the passerine tongue. :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
torquay nerd
New Signing
New Signing

Post by torquay nerd »

simple there is an anouncement tomorrow morning
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

Well, they'll have to say something! It's almost a lynching gathering on the forum!!!!!
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
torquay nerd
New Signing
New Signing

Post by torquay nerd »

anouncement/appointment same thing really