New Year - New Striker

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

knh316
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: dont have one

Post by knh316 »

ferrarilover wrote:David Sommer (not sure of spelling), that's a f**k ing brilliant shout. He was absolutely brilliant for a truly horrific Lincoln side a couple of years ago. How the hell have you come up with that?

Matt.
previous dealings with neil warnock and scouting players.we've had players from sheff utd when he was manager and also from qpr when he was there.check out the leeds squad and somma,who is coming back from injury needs games,a situation that would benefit both clubs.i would expect a lot of interest from other clubs but with neil always bringing his clubs down for pre-seaon there might be a chance if mr ling is intersted...
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

knh316 wrote:now that leeds utd have been taken over and neil warnock stating he wants some new players im guessing he'll be after at least one striker.this would put one of their strikers done the pecking order,sommer...did a great job for lincoln two seasons ago and with neils record of loaning players to us before would be worth a phone call about a loan till the end of the season.
Would love Sommer - just cannot see it happening however! Him and Rene up top would be unbelievable!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Another goal for Crawford at Dartford against Cambridge.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Somma came on and scored for Leeds on Boxing Day - so no real chance of him comng here. If Leeds were to consider loaning him out (doubtful?) I would expect a number of bigger clubs than us to be interested.

Crawford at Dartford is an interesting one ..... I would also suggest that Nathan Elder at Ebbsfleet might also be worth a punt. That said, I would expect both would command transfer fees and so would probably rule us out. Far more likely to target a young untried striker from the Championship i.e just like Somma was a few years ago, but not now.
Last edited by CP Gull on 29 Dec 2012, 16:17, edited 1 time in total.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

CP Gull wrote:Somma came on and scored for Leeds on Boxing Day - so no eal chane of him comng here. If Leeds were to consider loaning him out (doubtful?) I would expect a number of bigger clubs than us to be interested.

Crawford at Dartford is an interesting one ..... I would also suggest that Nathan Elder at Ebbsfleet might also be worth a punt. That said, I would expect both would commnad transfer fees and so would probably rule us out. Far more likely to target a young untried striker from the Championship i.e just like Somma was a few years ago, but not now.
beat me to it CP! =D

he will be off to a league 1 club.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468