not bloody goal music again!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

It's a bit off topic but it's a question that I've asked a couple of people (outside of the forum) and I've has no answer. There was this tune that was played after Robert Miles a good few years ago, I think it was played when Leroy came out TBH. I remember the tune just can't remember the song does anyone know which one I'm on about?
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
knh316
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: dont have one

Post by knh316 »

los lobos-la bamba
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:It's a bit off topic but it's a question that I've asked a couple of people (outside of the forum) and I've has no answer. There was this tune that was played after Robert Miles a good few years ago, I think it was played when Leroy came out TBH. I remember the tune just can't remember the song does anyone know which one I'm on about?
Music - John Miles
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

knh316 wrote:los lobos-la bamba
Stop saying that, we have never run out to la bamba, the mexican song that got pop-murdered by los lobos, we used to run out to A BANDA, by HERP ALBERT AND HIS TIJUANA BRASS.

We did so for about 30 years (albeit with a gap in the middle), until Paul Buckle came in and said we weren't allowed to anymore, we had to play crap pop-dance chart crap to run out to instead to entice more people in. More people who wouldnt know were playing pop-dance chart crap because theyre not in the stadium to hear it.

I hope we can have it back now he's gone.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Ok. So we need music to come out to. Not sure I want music when we score. But if those who are crying out for Muse. Coldplay. Or any of the other type modern group just sit back and think for a minute, What music really does get the crowd going. Does anyone remember some of the great hits of the past. They may not be any of my absolute favourites but they do the job. remember "Eye of the Tiger". "We will Rock you". "We are the Champions" (you don't have to win a trophy to sing that. anyone can say their team is Champion in their eyes.
I am sure you can come up with better if you really try. it's no good thinking of the most hip tune that you adore. I may have no affect at all. and thats the point of it all. Rovers decided to change their song a couple of years ago to Pirates of the Caribean. It was top of all supporters polls. It was all the rage at the time. It was played at the begining of the match and flopped. The atmosphere from the beginning didnt materialise. The tune has now been dropped as someone eventualy realised it did nothing to gee anyone up. I expect a much more in keeping tune next time.
So if you want something to gee the crowd up thats where you need to look. you never know we may even choose something of real culture. Like the final sounds of the 1812 overture. even that would do more than muse. and if anyone has a couple of cannons at least when we play Rovers we could fire a salvo over their heads.
Or come to think of it. Crawley would be fun, we could fire em at Evans. loaded with dumplings!
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

hector wrote:Metronomy - The Bay should be in the half-time mix
all over this, maybe walk out music?

Goal Music - suck my **ck.

Half Time - Livin on a prayer. Wooah we're half way there wooahh The ref's having a mare.

After game music either - Happiness Ken Dodd or It's a Shame by the Spinners.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:It's a bit off topic but it's a question that I've asked a couple of people (outside of the forum) and I've has no answer. There was this tune that was played after Robert Miles a good few years ago, I think it was played when Leroy came out TBH. I remember the tune just can't remember the song does anyone know which one I'm on about?
It's called Children, by Robert Miles. Brilliant piece of music. Whenever i hear the piece it reminds me of going to Torquay games when i was younger as this was the music they came out just after i started supporting them, in the late 90's. Love a bit of nostalgia!
Popside_Josh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Popside_Josh »

Rob miles - children was such a class tune , we youst to have it as the walk out music a few seasons ago, defo gotta be that such a good tune :)
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Kit_robin wrote: Stop saying that, we have never run out to la bamba, the mexican song that got pop-murdered by los lobos, we used to run out to A BANDA, by HERP ALBERT AND HIS TIJUANA BRASS.

We did so for about 30 years (albeit with a gap in the middle), until Paul Buckle came in and said we weren't allowed to anymore, we had to play crap pop-dance chart crap to run out to instead to entice more people in. More people who wouldnt know were playing pop-dance chart crap because theyre not in the stadium to hear it.

I hope we can have it back now he's gone.

In memory of AJB who introduced it to Plainmoor. :clap: :bow: :clap:

Here it is again . . . " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Another one from the same '60s era . . ." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bearing in mind the above, I wouldn't be averse to Liquidator by Harry J All Stars . . .

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:clap: :bow: :clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Enzo
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Enzo »

Music after we score is tacky and lacks class. It was encouraged by our last manager funnilly enough. Lets move on and leave it in the past.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Music for the team on entry to the pitch . . . . . . aye :nod:

Music for the fans on exit from the ground . . . . . . aye :nod:

Music for every home goal scored . . . . . . :no: :no: :no:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

Trojan 67 wrote:I got yer drift yellow.

Should this thread not be merged with the goal music one ? After all that's the job of the "greenies".

Falling out a with a "greenie" isn't and shouldn't be a problem. A serious problem has happened when "Red Big Neck" sends you a pm.

It's gone terminal when he calls you over for one of these . . . . . :slap:
You are obviously a man of some influence round these parts Troj.

No, I quite deliberately started a new thread entitled Name That Tune so as not to confuse my point about an appropriate club tune with bixie s point about the potential return of the dreaded goal music.

I don t think that they are the same thing.

BTW I was looking for a song that had some meaning/connection to the Yellow Army as opposed to any random anthemic or uplifting song that may or may not be dear to individuals. Otherwise I might have chosen something like I m never going back to my old school by Steely Dan.... =D

Bleddy green giants...
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
jimmy77
Trialist
Trialist

Post by jimmy77 »

Muse's version of 'Feeling Good' is an awesome choice and should definitely be played at some point on matchdays....perhaps at the end of the game...."Gull's flying high, you know how I feel...."

As for music for when the players come out onto the pitch, how about 'The Battle' from the Gladiator soundtrack? It's a pretty uplifting piece of music.

LINK: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I agree completely - not bloody goal music again! No thanks, and no music either at the beginning or at the end. Talking of rackets - get rid of that bloody drum too.
But surely this is a job for Gilbert - let's face it, he doesn't do anything else. At the beginning of the afternoon, before the match begins, Gilbert is occasionally visible. But let's have him on when we score! He can jump up and down, fly, kick his legs in the air, and go and annoy the visiting fans. At the end of the game, win or lose, he can make his way to the pop. side and jolly the crowd along. That's what mascots are there for.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Coldplay Yellow - Yes.

Went to this concert at Wembley a few months after Sills scored the winner, massive yellow baloons were cool.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TUST #324