First game of the Season

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

cambgull wrote: There's a definite subtitle to this, I think it goes something along the lines of "I spend all of my life trawling league two clubs message boards".

Have you ever seen a vagina in real life?
Only when he attended Buckle's first press conference :lol:
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Richinns wrote: Only when he attended Buckle's first press conference :lol:
:lol:
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Whats the betting we'll get some reply about needing to move on and grow up?
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

I'd like to do some backtracking here. I did say Bristol Rovers will piss the league but with the two signings of Harrold & Virgo they are obviously looking for a year of consolidation rather than a promotion push.

Also, I feel a lot more confident with the prospect of Crawley coming to Plainmoor without Buckle as our manager. I expect Crawley will get 6 points off Bristol due to the fact Evans & Raynor having Buckle & North in their pockets.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Boom Boom wrote:I'd like to do some backtracking here. I did say Bristol Rovers will piss the league but with the two signings of Harrold & Virgo they are obviously looking for a year of consolidation rather than a promotion push.

Also, I feel a lot more confident with the prospect of Crawley coming to Plainmoor without Buckle as our manager. I expect Crawley will get 6 points off Bristol due to the fact Evans & Raynor having Buckle & North in their pockets.
I thought it was a brave prediction when you first made it but I am pleased that you now see that Bristol Rovers are a fairly mediocre bottom division club who could easily be bottom half of the table as they try to adjust having dropped so easily without a fight out of League 1. ;-)
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Looking at the fixtures, these are the ones I'll be hoping to make. If I can get the time off work, I could be looking at 5 matches in August. I usually make 5 games all season!!

Doubt I would get in for the Plymouth home match, but going make sure I'm there for the away trip.

Saturday, 6 August 2011
Torquay v Burton Albion

Week commencing 8th August
Southampton v Torquay

Saturday, 13 August 2011
Bristol Rovers v Torquay

Tuesday, 16 August 2011
Aldershot v Torquay,

Saturday, 27 August 2011
Dag & Red v Torquay

Saturday, 8 October 2011
Bradford v Torquay

Saturday, 31 December 2011
Torquay v Oxford Utd

Monday, 2 January 2012
Plymouth v Torquay

Tuesday, 14 February 2012
Cheltenham v Torquay, 19:45

Saturday, 25 February 2012
Gillingham v Torquay,

Saturday, 3 March 2012
Crawley Town v Torquay,

Tuesday, 20 March 2012
Swindon v Torquay,

Saturday, 31 March 2012
Barnet v Torquay

Saturday, 21 April 2012
AFC Wimbledon v Torquay

Saturday, 28 April 2012
Torquay v Crewe

Saturday, 5 May 2012
Hereford v Torquay
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

cambgull wrote:Whats the betting we'll get some reply about needing to move on and grow up?

Come on now children. Isn't it time we all grew up and got on with our lives. after all there are more important things than hoofball. No? Oh well then :na: :na: :na: :na: :na:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

They are very good fixtures, I'm pretty gutted I'm going to miss Crawley H (& D&G A) due to me going on holiday but can't complain! :)
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
citizengull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by citizengull »

Is there any chance we(Torquay) and Plymouth can go to the league and ask to swap the two games that we play against each other so we play them home once the new stand is built on safety grounds of course. (Sorry if already mentioned)
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

citizengull wrote:Is there any chance we(Torquay) and Plymouth can go to the league and ask to swap the two games that we play against each other so we play them home once the new stand is built on safety grounds of course. (Sorry if already mentioned)
The Football League probably would allow the fixtures to be swapped but both games are scheduled to be played before the grandstand is due to be completed so no real advantage, and it would probably be better to be at Home Park with the larger capacity for the New Year Bank Holiday fixture.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

i said at the time we first talked about next season fixture's that the football league would be unable to guarantee giving us derby matchs at home after Feb,we have to realise league 2 does not consist of 24 Torquay united's,when planing the fixtures the league have to factor in the considerations of every team in this league not just "us".

As for the fixtures happy to be home first,i surpose to be in Dorchester for the weekend of Bristol Rovers away,already trying to get out of it,so i can go :) ,and we are away for the saturday of my Brothers wedding..phew !!
Formerly known as forevertufc
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Guess your brother isn't a Torquay fan then - fancy getting married during the football season!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

scottbrehaut wrote:Guess your brother isn't a Torquay fan then - fancy getting married during the football season!!
Afraid not ,he is forgiven though,and i did more than look at him sideways when he told me the date of his wedding,still got away with it,still it gets worse i have another brother who is an Argyle fan ,oh i just cant wait,how he will suffer :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Gutted that we haven't got an away game near me until Bradford on 8th of October, although i will get to Shrewsbury and Northampton before that one. Hoping to get to the Macc home game on 3rd Sep as i'm on holiday in Dartmoor that week. I had expectations of getting to the Mem vs Brizzle Rovers as it will be a bit spicy but unsure if it will be all ticket. I've never been to Rovers so i don't know the capacity of their away end. Could someone perhaps enlighten me and maybe give me a hint if they think it will be all ticket for away fans or not. Cheers. Anyway continuing, Burton at home first game is pretty uninspiring but a perfect opportunity to get Ling and the boys off to a winning start. Accrington away 8 days before Christmas is like staring at the gates of hell, can you imagine how depressing that game will be beneath dark satanic lancashire skies on the run up to the festivities?!! I think i prefer Christmas!! ( Ba Humbug!). Looking forward to going Swindon and i always enjoy Macclesfield. It's been a bit of a nightmare for myself as well as other northern based gulls that we have had 2 southern teams come up from the conference and 2 northern teams replacing them, and also 4 southern teams coming down from league 1 but i'm sure we will try and get to as many games as poss to cheer on the mighty yellows!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

[quote="andygullagain"] I've never been to Rovers so i don't know the capacity of their away end. Could someone perhaps enlighten me and maybe give me a hint if they think it will be all ticket for away fans or not. [quote]

Their away end holds about 1,100 so I guess it's a very big possibility that it will be all ticket.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.