Bryn Consortium Take-Over

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Agreed with above sentiments, was a very good listen, the interview also suggested the owners would be working with TUST towards a possible community share issue.

Well many of us, myself included have been more than quick over the years, even before Osbourne's tenure in being highly critical on how our clubs has/was being run, here your/our chance to help shape the future of our club and have our voice heard right at board level.

So I would advise, hope that as many fans as possible back any share community issue and buy in at what ever level you can afford, I've said all along I will buy in, and now it seems TUST will have a real voice at the club will certainly being joining soon.
Formerly known as forevertufc
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

gateman49 wrote: 12 May 2024, 11:01 Well, from the number of responses both on this thread and the 'Osborne gone' one, Cowshed has united us so well done I say.
Isn't he/she just trolling though?
If so it's certainly a difficult trolling...
MancGull
Trialist
Trialist
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by MancGull »

Who is the 6th member of the consortium? I’ve only seen 5 names mentioned?
NotStickingItIn
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by NotStickingItIn »

That's the kind of interview that will bring fans flocking to Plainmoor. I'm blown away by the transparency.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

NotStickingItIn wrote: 13 May 2024, 17:27 That's the kind of interview that will bring fans flocking to Plainmoor. I'm blown away by the transparency.
Agree - a thoroughly encouraging start. Not much more he could say. It looks as though Mr. Westcott will be te 'front-man' (if you will) for the consortium, which itself is positive given the dire communication from the club in the past 6 years.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

DerekDawkinsJnr wrote: 13 May 2024, 03:52 Isn't he/she just trolling though?
If so it's certainly a difficult trolling...
Oops! Autocorrect in action.... It should read

certainly a successful trolling...
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Do one of the Bryn group have a link to the Lovells? (did have Lovell sport now VX3 based in Paignton)

I saw on twitter last night a post from the chap who made the video of Wotton/Warnock on Princess Pier

Joe Lovell replied thanking him for doing it "short notice" which indicates some involvement

wouldn't be a surprise if we have VX3 making our kits now, they make a fair few for local teams but also for Newport County (and if you look at their website they have a certain model on the home page.. - https://vx-3.com/

Owlgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Owlgull »

MancGull wrote: 13 May 2024, 17:17 Who is the 6th member of the consortium? I’ve only seen 5 names mentioned?
I was wondering who the 6th member could be too. Just seems a little strange that his name hasn’t been mentioned in light of the refreshingly open style of communication from the new consortium. :oops:
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Warnock is the 6th member isn’t he?
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

6th member could also be the trust. If the expectation is that they'll be d oing a fund raise to get the 'buy-in', they presumably can't be named or made official until that's done, and I'd imagine (not sure) that they also can't be attached to the CVA documents yet either
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Owlgull wrote: 15 May 2024, 16:38 I was wondering who the 6th member could be too. Just seems a little strange that his name hasn’t been mentioned in light of the refreshingly open style of communication from the new consortium. :oops:
Yes, it would be nice if we had some clarification on that point. Michael Westcott always refers to the “six of us” but there are only 5 listed at Companies House. That said, I think that Joe Lovell was referred to as being on board when they initially went public but as a relatively young guy, they seemed to suggest that he would not be an “investor” as such - but given his business is football kits - VX3, who design bespoke kits for the likes of Newport - it wouldn’t surprise me if he is the “sixth man” and the club may well be turning out in bespoke kits next season
Owlgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Owlgull »

Taelee73 wrote: 15 May 2024, 18:08 Warnock is the 6th member isn’t he?
Don’t think it’s Warnock as he has referred to the consortium as “they” rather than “we”.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 15 May 2024, 15:08 Do one of the Bryn group have a link to the Lovells? (did have Lovell sport now VX3 based in Paignton)

I saw on twitter last night a post from the chap who made the video of Wotton/Warnock on Princess Pier

Joe Lovell replied thanking him for doing it "short notice" which indicates some involvement

wouldn't be a surprise if we have VX3 making our kits now, they make a fair few for local teams but also for Newport County (and if you look at their website they have a certain model on the home page.. - https://vx-3.com/

And “the chap who made the video” is of course our former player Will Hancox - who happens to also be the grandson of a certain Mike Bateson.

Great job Will!
Owlgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Owlgull »

Owlgull wrote: 15 May 2024, 18:37 Don’t think it’s Warnock as he has referred to the consortium as “they” rather than “we”.
Further to this, Companies House shows Scoring Goals Ltd as having 6 officers associated with the company, but only lists the 5 names we are already aware of.
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by wbw »

Owlgull wrote: 15 May 2024, 18:44 Further to this, Companies House shows Scoring Goals Ltd as having 6 officers associated with the company, but only lists the 5 names we are already aware of.
The 6 officers includes the person who has resigned. She was presumably the person who registered the name months ago. So only 5 people officially involved.