Aveley F C vs Torquay United Sat 2 Sept KO 3pm

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Isnt it the same as every other away game though. Outplayed by the opposition who hit the woodwork. Halstead makes x number of saves to save us from a heavier defeat. The only thing different is that we didnt get lucky today.

Probably the smallest team we have ever lost to in a league match. Inept team. Inept management and couldnt even manage to get to the ground on time. **** shambles. JOHNSON OUT!
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

Skillsy wrote: 02 Sep 2023, 18:24 Blimey. Instead of trying to score points off each other can someone who actually went to the game today write a fair and balanced report, please?
First 30 mins I thought we looked OK, Tomlinson had first real chance of the game. We conceded and wheels came off. No midfield. Resorted to long balls against their two huge centre backs who just headed everything away. Almost stole a point at the death, which would’ve been undeserved. Mark Halstead was very good once again.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Listening to todays game on BBC devon it was painfully bad, even the commentator said Aveley have a plan, not sure what Torquays plan is. we conrributed nothing and got even less in return. we have a midfield of one in lapslie , a less strong character than him would have just given up and I for one would not have blamed him, and that is primarily why we play hoof ball, the central defnders and I use the words loosely are uncomfortabe on the ball so cannot play out to the midfield because we do not have one .
Halstead saved us again from a drubbing, perhaps we need one of those because Johnson is just not seeing it. On a positive , we are only three points off top spot but already we are leaking goals at the rate of nearly 1.5 a game, as in previous seasons this is the thing that will cost us. Every week I wonder more about the point of Downes supposedly our back four coach.
I look forward to the johnson post match comedy show when he will say the same as last week and the week before just in a different form.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Anybody who has watched the first 6 games must surely see we are not good enough in defence or midfield.
We have scraped fortunate wins in 4 matches with unconvincing performances, the players don't seem to have the right mentality, this situation has to change very quickly.
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

Todays post match interview background music.....Freed from Desire, good follow up to last weeks The Only Way is Up.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Thats the trouble though isnt. We've got no bloody plan whatsoever. No easy game as Averley have won all their home games. Would they have won them on grass? I very much doubt it.

But we are where we are. Averley clearly have a plan and play to the pitch. we havnt got a clue. As someone else said I hate these artificial surfaces as well, but had we not got relegated we wouldnt be playing on one every other week.

Johnsons after match interview is pathetic. Listening to the Averley manager he talks sense. Its **** embarassing listening to him saying our keeper is man of the match. We are a bloody laughing stock.

Our defence is completely hopeless for this level. Our centre halves couldnt get near the team last year. Martin looks about half fit and Craske is too inexpeienced (like Tomlinson) - its bloody hopeless and Johnson should lose his job for putting out that defence never mind the rest of the team.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Let's not forget that there are 46 games to play this season, and there is hardly a team in this Micky Mouse league that can finish the season without a draw or a loss. After this result we can be negative because its three points less but screaming for heads to roll after 7 games because we are three points off the top of the table and only sitting in a play-off spot is ludicrous.

We can be negative about todays result because anyone who paid money to travel and watch a shambles in the 2-1 defeat at Aveley deserves an apology from management and players. This is not a quality league, our game play has to be all about fight, desire, attitude and set-plays. Today we lacked leadership, we lacked aggression and we lacked fight - we deserved to lose. It’s a real low point for our team but they need to stay together and get it together. There’s an honest and talented bunch of lads in the squad and today is a tough moment for them but we all know the players can be better individually and collectively across the board.

Being only three points off the top of the table after 7 games why not wait to be judge and jury after the mandatory 10 games.
dagglebert
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by dagglebert »

One of our worst ever days, getting well beaten by a village team with average attendance well below 1000. But note that they are second in the table now ! This league is so poor its embarassing that we are not shining.
eddie6817
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by eddie6817 »

A new management team was desperately needed at a minimum halfway through last season we should not even be where we are now in this league absolute disgrace. I know Johnson has cobbled together a few wins this season but the performances and tactics have hardly been inspiring. Stop the rot now for crying out loud.
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

Don’t come on here often, but I’m quite taken aback to the demise of the club. Too be honest the fact I’ve never heard of the team we played today. How has the club managed to get into the southern national league is the question many fans ask.

One thing I’m sure of there is no way to change the past but we can change the future, question is who’s driving the ship and can they steer it into better waters?

I only hope so!
Guildford Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Guildford Gull »

MellowYellow wrote: 02 Sep 2023, 20:19 Let's not forget that there are 46 games to play this season, and there is hardly a team in this Micky Mouse league that can finish the season without a draw or a loss. After this result we can be negative because its three points less but screaming for heads to roll after 7 games because we are three points off the top of the table and only sitting in a play-off spot is ludicrous.

We can be negative about todays result because anyone who paid money to travel and watch a shambles in the 2-1 defeat at Aveley deserves an apology from management and players. This is not a quality league, our game play has to be all about fight, desire, attitude and set-plays. Today we lacked leadership, we lacked aggression and we lacked fight - we deserved to lose. It’s a real low point for our team but they need to stay together and get it together. There’s an honest and talented bunch of lads in the squad and today is a tough moment for them but we all know the players can be better individually and collectively across the board.

Being only three points off the top of the table after 7 games why not wait to be judge and jury after the mandatory 10 games.
But it's not 7 games is it. Its a decline that started with the play-off final defeat and is now entering its 3rd season. Johnson is well past his best and shouldn't still be in a job. The fact that he is still the manager after last season's relegation says everything about the direction of our club, our apathetic ownership and the acceptance of failure by a large proportion of our fanbase.
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

Einstein said insanity was doing things the same way expecting the outcome to be different?
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

brucie wrote: 02 Sep 2023, 17:25 The teams is in disarray . Can you ever remember a worse defence than this one? We will surely lose to Farnborough and Chelmsford and if that happens I cant see Johsnon surviving 3 defeats n 7 days. What an awful manager he has become.
Whoever it was on Bristows bench that shouted to Gary that There is a job going at Hibs was right. Very poor form for my very poor manager to turn round and start arguing with the supporters and start claiming in his interviews and in the paper that the fans had gone too far What a joke he is.
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

dagglebert wrote: 02 Sep 2023, 20:21 One of our worst ever days, getting well beaten by a village team with average attendance well below 1000. But note that they are second in the table now ! This league is so poor its embarassing that we are not shining.
It’s not though is it? We are where we are. I stopped presuming our history was enough for teams to roll over and give us the points years ago.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

We are only 7 games into the season and already this League is showing hugely inconsistent results because there are as yet no quality teams. It could change.

Worthing looked good and then lost at Home to Aveley 1-2 and today got hammered 4-0 by Braintree who looked pretty poor at Plainmoor last Saturday.

Bath City are top because they have scored 17 Goals to our 10.

Chelmsford have the best defence conceding 4 goals in 7 games.

Weston Super Mare won their first 3 games on the bounce and have picked up 1 point from the last 4 games.

We could not beat Dover who are 21st and just beat Slough who are bottom.

We all agree we need Dawson and Hall back but when? Deano who I guess will play on Tuesday night v Farnborough is quality.

We will get better but when depends on Loan Players and it is urgent because we are actually in a good postion points wise after 7 games considering just how poorly we have played.

We have 13 points Yeovil have 11.It could be worse!

What I just cannot get my head around is how bad we are in defence when you think back to Aaron Downes playing days. He was a great Center Back so why can he not coach the players we have to defend as a team.Part of the problem is we have no leaders on the pitch without Hall, Moxey and Dawson.

Surely as a full time team things will change soon for everybodys sanity.